frddyj's New Ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That build is great thanks for sharring it. And to think I am excited to get a much needed new pipe for my stock rtr I just picked up used.

thanx for the good word harold, which pipes you thinking of?

ya, i was kinda hoping you'd give it the once over and tell me how its done..

i'm still not too sure how to build these new fangled savage things.

I was talking about a much need engraving on the cooling head was all. :nicks:

Well it came with 2 of the same dual rear pipes just different colors and the header looks like it was crushed in a back flip. Not free flowing at all not to mention the rubber seal is broke in half. So before trying to get any fuel for this thing I just won a SS HPI tuned pipe with header and everything from ebay. After years of being at of the sport I just picked this one up cheap. I used 2 race indoors an RC10 electric do not know if they are even still around LOL. Still mine is stock and wife will not let me go to crazy becouse of all the other hobbies I have. I love your truck and hope to have everything I need to get mine up and running. Maybe after the wife gets a turn she will warm up to it maybe. Sorry this is long.

Good work as always fred.. i see what you mean about the slider.. looks like its gonna work out shweet! Is there a rubberband or can i not see it?

not yet, i had a perfect one but i think one of the kiddies swallowed it.

Looks good! I like the linkage setup. I am glad there are lots of pics, since I will be attempting to do mine here soon also.

WoW, that savage sure has come a long way! Great work bud, you have defently chosen your parts wisely :)

This Savage was a great build & a lot of fun.

As some may know, its been parted out & sold to people all over the world.

Gonna keep the flux. Maybe get a buggy. Maybe a truggy. Who knows.

Well freddy I give it the summer by fall I am sure we will see a new nitro from you. Well I hope anyway.

You will miss the sound and smell of nitro.

Electric looks fun, and I WILL have one when funds allow but i could never get rid of nitro.First thing of summer i like to lay next to my savage and breathe in nitro exhaust. :lmao4:

Electric looks fun, and I WILL have one when funds allow but i could never get rid of nitro.First thing of summer i like to lay next to my savage and breathe in nitro exhaust. :lmao4:

Well that explains everything. Lol

You don't need to tell me that!
If you want to meet in Lancaster just off Rt 2 there is a pit I have access too. Central mass sand and gravel. 70 + acres of drop offs and fire roads 100 ft hill climbs you name it. But if you need to stay closer to your neck of the woods we'll figure it out. Do you have a good camcorder? I don't I have one but low quality. I have a SLR for pics though. I need to get some tape up for the guys... Ill bring all the Extras you focus on the build...

And Very nice build for sure. Don't rush the P3 you will want to run that in right. Ill let you beet my Novarossi. Its just about run in now. Keep the F for a bit longer...

any of you boobs still come on here? whats up?

I've just been checking the forum out this morning. First time in forever. Think my last posts were about 5 years ago...
lol mike, same here.

i got the email about the forum changing server & came to check things out. gonna get back into my savage nitro build this weekend.

Right on. My rigs have all become shelf queens over the last few years. They all still work but all the batteries need replacing now...

I have a box of all my stuff. Kinda sad to see it sit. My nephews getting to that age where maybe I’ll build him one someday. Maybe that will get me back into it.
Boob. Hah

Sucks all the pics are gone from this thread. Still have any you couild post of linkage etc? Also does anyone have a savage xl header for sale? Need one for my build

I've noticed all my old pics are gone too. Wonder if it had something to do with the forum change? As far as I know my old photobucket is still active.

I've noticed all my old pics are gone too. Wonder if it had something to do with the forum change? As far as I know my old photobucket is still active.

It's photobucket, they don't allow 3rd party pics anymore unless your paying. It's BS, I lost a lot of photos on forums from vehicle builds I posted.

Latest posts

Members online

Back