frddyj's New Ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great how long of run times do you see with the tank? Just order the same one along with some fastlane tvp's can't wait! O and are those battery boxes the best way to go? I don't like the way the one hangs off to the side is there another way to do that?

Ok so about what I was thinking. Is there an alternative from the rpm reciver box? Some thing like put the rec up front and zip tie a flat pack on the inside of the tvp or would that not be a good idea?

hey traxx, I'm not in love with the RPM box either, but like Vis says, its tough & well protected by the front wheel.

to answer your question, yes you can mount your Rx & Hump pack inside your TVP & it is something i will try in the future when time allows.

This thread really catches my eye https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8580&page=2 look at the pics in post #20 (i think). i know that Mega put the pack & Rx in balloons to protect from water, but i don't know (yet) how he mounted them. This is a great mod!

Thanks everyone for looking & especially for your kind words

.. i did a totally different way of mounting a rx box take a look in my thread... (hope freddy doesnt mind) hehe

not at all Badd, i like how this thread sparked a bit of discussion and will hopefully give new members some help & different ideas down the road :resp:

funny it looks like my truck. Have we met?

Does my savage look like yours bank? funny i hadnt really noticed, lets see

ok maybe it does a little... gonna really look like it when you help me shim my tranny & bend up some sway bars for me :stickpoke:
j/k buddie, & I'm sure everyone knows where i go to for advice... also, each bash starts with me giving bank's trucks a good once-over for ideas but it has really helped that i jacked his photobucket password which has given me a lot of help.

Last edited by a moderator:
hahaha.. I got my ideas from both of you.. Looks like I am the true "copy-cat"... line all of our trucks up, relatively close appearance

Drummerguy101 ~ US Custom Cages

pics with US Customs Cage

Mess You Up!

rockout​

Banks OFNA Throttle Mod

had to change back to old skool throttle linkages caz the picco carb sits a bit higher than my F.

didnt want to put any stress on my carb slide. banks mod will work, just wanted to spend more time runnin my savage than adjustin the mod.

besides, no need for me to reinvent the wheel, caz bank got a picco also & has already come up with a new design so i will just copy that (as usual).

here is my temp fix:

Nothin pretty or fancy, just used some parts i already had and went for smooth operation. it worked.

ya, how does she run :jamout:

lol, 'as if'

]-[0pa]0ng;110865 said:
yep frrdy - looks real nice. How does it run?

well i twisted Crash's arm to mod that picco for me caz, (as youve seen in my siggy) he modded my F & got me hooked on speed (lol). needless to say my savy is crazy-fast at 1/2 throttle and not even at full tune yet. it runs killer & smooth & idle all day.

I'm glad that i beefed up the diffs & bonz & plan to shim the tranny before full tune & hard bash so it doesnt destroy itself. the rsc & shocks make a night & day difference caz it you can actually give it some throttle through turns now.

i love running it to the point where my face hurts from smiling. lookin forward to a fun summer between my new vid camera & caz our crew spent some $$ in upgrades & modded mills: LRP, Picco, Novarossi which should increase the carnage-factor.

Tell ya Hop, ive made more friends from this site; I'm sure you get tons of compliments on hpisf! it rocks rockout

thanks for the compliments Freddy

I am glad you like it

I'm not open for buisness guys, I did this as a favor to Freddy.

I am still referring anyone interested in hav`n a grin like Freddys when your bash`n or rac`n see our Vendors here at HPISF for engine modding.

It adds a new level to the fun

Pfffft Novarossi... who would buy something crazy like that?! I mean overpriced much? Great looking truck can't wait to see it jump over your real truck! That's right guys n gals! We are jumping vehicles this year! Maybe part of my house when my family goes on vaca! WOOHOO!

Pfffft Novarossi... who would buy something crazy like that?! I mean overpriced much? Great looking truck can't wait to see it jump over your real truck! That's right guys n gals! We are jumping vehicles this year! Maybe part of my house when my family goes on vaca! WOOHOO!

I'll be waiting popcorn in hand. :jamout:

i like the sound of that :bobang:

freedy did you fab up a plate for the fuel tank or did you buy one, just curious cause I'm looking at the options for the plate for the 250cc

freedy did you fab up a plate for the fuel tank or did you buy one, just curious cause I'm looking at the options for the plate for the 250cc

couple ways to do it, idk if you saw, but Baddasz_Savage did his without a plate https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9825&page=2

I made a plate out of 1/8" 6061 aluminum plate which i bought online for cheap.

However, i plan to upgrade to Larsonracing carbon-fiber plate. Jason makes a plate that will drop in & bolt up. he also carries the tank, hardware , servo mounts & everything else needed for very reasonable prices.

Here's a link to Jason's thread, you can hit him up PM style if you have questions https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5304

Another thing worth looking at is his rush box mount & etc. pretty sweet.
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10338

good luck with your build & thanks for hittin my thread.

Updates for 2010

ERCM Pipe

DSC_0245.jpg
DSC_0246.jpg

Linkage Rework

DSC_0250.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg
DSC_0248.jpg

Nothin else major really. I'm dumping the 250cc tank & going with the D8 tank for its smaller size (weight) and clunk. Prolly give the 250cc tank to Samrsnow to try as he just got the PRC plate for it.

Gonna relocate the hump pack from the shock tower to inside the tvps to help balance out the weight of the truck; its way heavy on the front end which affects big air flight & balance.

Jr, my top-slider is mounted backward by design. look at the linkage in relation to the throttle mixer at w.o.t. & you can see where it would make contact if i flipped the slider. don't wanna risk a WOT linkage bind, Good eye tho.

DSC_0251.jpg

I spy something missing.

ya, i was kinda hoping you'd give it the once over and tell me how its done..

i'm still not too sure how to build these new fangled savage things.

great build Fred

thanks for the share

Thanks for the good work Dan :smiliejam:

Awsome Truck

That build is great thanks for sharring it. And to think I am excited to get a much needed new pipe for my stock rtr I just picked up used.

Latest posts

Members online

Back