frddyj's brushless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the GH bell crank help with the slop?

not sure yet, but the stock plastic was failing & finally blew to smithereens on yesterday's runs. I'll make a review of the GH Bellcrank but i also need to shim my axle bearings caz i got some slop there.

Here is a list of my planned upgrades:

1. Boca Bearing Lightening Ceramic Yellow Seal Kit
2. Mechanical Brakes
3. 39t Idler gear & HD tranny gear
4. MaxAmps Hard Case Lipos
5. Bulletproof Diffs
6. Nova Cups
7. GH Alloy Bell Crank
8. Platinum R/C Products C/F Lower Bulk Plates

DSC_0501-1.jpg

nice Fred

why new battery's?

:resp:

Looks good man! I'd kinda like to build a FLUX but I'm thinkin' I'd rather get a Baja. Got two nitro savvys already. Keep up the good work!

this truck looks great, i like the Carbon Fiber Parts. :10:
can you recommend the shocks, are they good?

Thanks for the kind words bro.

I love the shocks. I'm running the stiffest springs you can get for em & they a slight bit spongy - gonna see if i can firm em up with some stiffer shock oil but i love the shocks.

Here is a list of my planned upgrades:

1. Boca Bearing Lightening Ceramic Yellow Seal Kit
2. Mechanical Brakes
3. 39t Idler gear & HD tranny gear
4. MaxAmps Hard Case Lipos
5. Bulletproof Diffs
6. Nova Cups
7. GH Alloy Bell Crank
8. Platinum R/C Products C/F Lower Bulk Plates

and i thought you already have ur Flux build finished.. cool :10:

i've 4 channel cheapo fix pitch heli, honeybee (not co-axial one) and its fun flying it once i know how to handle .. ppl said once you've addicted to heli, you will only go bigger.. let us know when you're getting it.. or you already got one? :rock:

So let me get this right Frddy - Hijacked his own thread ( brushless build ).

:resp:

frddy can you tell me how your GH Steering assembly is working out. Its something I'm seriously looking into but not sure if its worth the cash as i have improvised with my current steering assembly...

definitely nearly time to do all my bearings again... My truck is starting to squeek all over. (mainly the wheel bearings)

frddy can you tell me how your GH Steering assembly is working out.

Its working out killer. Bankrupter could give you more details as he has run this bellcrank on his nitro since before ive known him.

its a great upgrade, very smooth and works well with my GH Bulks. Before i bought it i was using the flm drag link along with the stock plastic bell crank parts.

the plastic on the crank that goes to the servo arm snapped.

GH gives us all 25% discount also https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15844

lol, naw some parts went on 'lend out,' soon as they come back I'm on it tho

been runnin' the losi zombies on Maximizer beadlocks and they rock! I had originally taped the tires before mounting them back when but they only balloon a little bit if you yank the throttle with the tires off the ground.

the maximizers rock. hold the tire on there nice and tight. no bead issues on 5s.

the low-profile towers along with the D8t shocks rock also. don't see a need for the rsc with this set up as i can bomb through turns and all 4 stay planted. it will rip into a wheelie if your running and yank to full throttle, but I'm lovin' the way it handles.

Gotta admit, i did want for the sound of a real motor a few times, but the power, handling and just fun of it is great.

did a full-throttle, on-pavement cartwheel (again for the second time in 2 weeks) that make me gasp with a "oh %$#@," but no broken parts.

I'm prob gonna order the gcm alloy batt box mounts soon and i'll rip the truck down and put in the rest of the boca bearing kit, bullet proof difs with nova cups and maybe the mechanical brakes.

I'm in shock that i haven't blown a stock flux/xl diff yet, but i gotta credit that to the GH Alloy bulks.

very cool fred, glad to hear she is holding together nicely for you. Cant wait to see the rebuild. are you gonna use the y harness for the mechanical brakes?

.... are you gonna use the y harness for the mechanical brakes?

yah, if thats how its done. i don't know how to hook up the electrical & haven't checked into it yet to be honest.

but, i know i don't like the idea of stopping the 13# truck with the esc and motor, nor do i like the sound it makes. i wonder if a lot of breaking is what cauzes guys pinion to loosen up on em.

Frddy! sounds like you found a nice choice of tire that works for you!

I launched my savage of some huge jumps today and broke a battery box too! definitely time for the GCM ones!!! But i heard they are always out of stock?

Did nothing materialise from designing our own and getting them manufactured?

The GH Bulks are awesome! I cant rate them enough! yes they add quite a bit of weight but my diffs are solid in there!

Frddy! sounds like you found a nice choice of tire that works for you!
lol, these tires have a awesome look but don't really grab traction on any surface. the belting kept em from ballooning tho. the maximizer beadlock rims really kick butt tho.

I launched my savage of some huge jumps today and broke a battery box too! definitely time for the GCM ones!!! But i heard they are always out of stock?

Did nothing materialise from designing our own and getting them manufactured?

Nah, that was just 'bank-talk' didnt really think theyd get manufactured. you can get the GCM ones right off TCS crawlers site.

Yeah you gotta love the maximizer's & zombies. Sounds like your havin' some fun there Frddy good to hear, mate. No need to RSC with the lcg towers sounds promising, can't wait to see how she handles with the Jammin' shocks.
I was thinking of going mech brakes as well, but I like having reverse so I'm holding off for now, plus I was only using 20% brake might even go lower with the lighter truck

Yeah Josh I got a set of the GCM mounts from TCS.

Latest posts

Members online

Back