frddyj's brushless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frddyj

My build has started with an order from Platinum R/C Products. For those that don't know, platinum r/c products is a respected vendor here on hpisf and owned by member Larsenracing. (please note that this build was largely inspired by savagesam's race savage & bankrupter's carbon fiber savage).

PRC 192- Flux Ext Lcg Tvp's link
PRC 117- Extended Skid Plate link
PRC 138- LCG Shock Tower Kit link
PRC 145- Wing Mount link
PRC 189- Flux Motor Plate link
PRC 194- Mid Plate link
C-8152 - Hot Bodies Wing Stay link

** when $$ allows I will add PRC 153 Bulkhead Lower Plates link

Drivetrain:

GH Racing Aluminum Bulkheads link
HPI 100415- Flux/XL Dogbone Kit link
Savage XL Diffs
Hot Bodies D8 shocks link

Electric Parts:

Battery Boxes- Using stock from HPI Savage Flux link
Motor- Savage Blur 2200kV link
ESC- Either Castle MMM or Savage Flux Stocker (haven't decided)
Motor Mount- Using Stock from HPI Savage Flux link
Rx- Futaba 603ff 2.4Ghz. link
Servo- Haven't decided yet

Last edited by a moderator:
Mailman brought my carbon-fiber from platinum rc products & my Tork motor today

What a beautiful site.
thx kvn, i agree

here are the Hotbodies D8 shocks; threaded aluminum

here are the alloy bulks (thx Allan); using xl diffs with 50k oil (thx soulman)

just need esc, a servo, rsc & SMC lipos

Bout time you posted some pics up. Looking good can't wait.

i am just waiting on the final price of ur build

Ok, Sudi ask me to include how much i spend on this build so all price/cost will go in this post.

Just bear in mind: that there are many different ways and choices if you build a flux; comes down to personal preference and you can spend less than i did, or much more.

this build is largely inspired by trucks built by Bankrupter & Savagesam:

1. Hotbodies D8 shocks.............................. $50.00 shipped (e-bay)
2. XL diffs, dogbones & Axle Cups................. $70.00 shipped
3. GH Alloy bulks....................................... $40.00 shipped
4. HPI Tork 2200kV.................................... $86.25 shipped (e-bay)
5. Complete hpi 44t spur/slipper................... $13.74 shipped (e-bay)
6. Badland tires full set mounted.................. $40.00 shipped
7. 44t idler gear, HD tranny gear, 2 drive cups $ 25.00 shipped (tcs crawlers)
8. All Carbon Fiber in above pic.................... $309.60 (including the Wing Stay)
9. LiPo packs
10. rsc
11. steering servo
12. HPI Blur esc...................................... $ 90.00 shipped (ba scored on the bay)
13. Hotbodies shock stand offs (4)............. $ 13.08 shipped on the bay.
14. Castle Link........................................ $ 24.99 shipped (tcs crawlers)
Total.....................................................$761.66

Great looking start buddy, can't wait to see it finished...... even if it is electric ;)

looks great Fred! Great pictures and like how you linked and got prices for everything that you purchased. This is going to be a great write up.

This is going to be a sick build Fred. Keep the pictures coming. She will be a monster. The Flux I have around here with the Extended chassis is sick. It stays on on the ground much better but will still do double Back Flips on Command (dual 3s LiPo).

Your probably going to want to run the CEN Diff's!

Do you know what screw kit your going to use?
yeah, i will use the kit from smfstore for sure https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8851 excellent quality and assortment.

Are you gonna run the batteries on the inside??? I hate how the flux has them on the outside
I'm gonna use the stock flux boxes & aftermarket velcrow straps. The packs are way too big to go anywhere else.

Great looking start buddy, can't wait to see it finished...... even if it is electric ;)
lol, thank Robin. still got my nitro savage and hellfire and no plans on parting with them anytime soon

frddyj- I was hoping to see some one convert a savy and put the batts on the inside w/out using the FLM kit I just don't like how the batts hang off the side

frddyj- I was hoping to see some one convert a savy and put the batts on the inside w/out using the FLM kit I just don't like how the batts hang off the side

thats kool, i can respect that bro. have you seen one done that way? i'd like to see a build like that also, sounds interesting.

i kinda dig the flux set up; i like how it is relatively easy to remove the packs from the truck to charge (which I'm a big advocate of doing with any pack).

like i mentioned in my first post, there are many different ways to achieve a brushless savage & most of it comes down to personal preference and budget; this is one of the biggest attractions to the hobby for me :peace:

looking good freddy, one suggestion... GET RID OF THE DANG PURPLE!

ya i know. i messed up when i ordered my c/f & forgot those 2 plates. just pm'd larsen a few minutes ago

Ive been waitin g along time to se this one come together frddyj. Gonna be an unreal build have you decided which lipos your going with from SMC? A full carbon Flux that is sick!

hope this will be ready for the next bash there freddy.....

and what_the_flux
gh bulks fix xl cups no problem but the flm bulkheads do not, flm solved this by producing there own cup that will also work with there bulkheads.

all the parts look good freddy just one question when are you going to find time to put it together ? should be a sweet truck tho
lol, as you know, you just have to sacrafice sleep time (note time of this post)

How was the fit of the xl outdrives in the bulkheads?

yep, badd is right, they drop right in, & thats a great question w.t.flux, i had the same one & (as always) hpisf members come to my rescue https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11790

Ive been waitin g along time to se this one come together frddyj. Gonna be an unreal build have you decided which lipos your going with from SMC? A full carbon Flux that is sick!
thx 88, not exactly sure. i'll probs hit bryan/snuffy up one more time before i pull the trigger & i'll keep ya posted ;]

Just checked this out frddy..Man looks like this is going to be one sick a$$ build..Can't wait for the pics of when it comes together dude..:peace:

http://www.straightrazorplace.com/forums/attachments/razors/28705d1249474228-my-new-straight-razor-stand-44789.-thread-completely-useless-without-images-1-.jpg

ummm.... go look at the 2nd post crazzy

Latest posts

Members online

Back