frddyj's brushless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job on the slipstream lid Freddy, looks sweet.

How are you liking the lcg towers and D8 shock combo? Handling? Durability? Thx

Prolly only about 1.5 hours run time on it and no big air yet but so far, i love the lcg towers and shocks.

the construction of the shocks is VERY impressive compared to the big bores and there are MANY spring choices available for very little money.

i will be bashing the truck properly at the bmx track this coming saturday so we'll see how she does when i launch it.

i will let ya know.

Prolly only about 1.5 hours run time on it and no big air yet but so far, i love the lcg towers and shocks.

the construction of the shocks is VERY impressive compared to the big bores and there are MANY spring choices available for very little money.

i will be bashing the truck properly at the bmx track this coming saturday so we'll see how she does when i launch it.

i will let ya know.

I cant wait to flog these things all proper like... don't forget to get weights of the 2S side. I needed 2 packages.

DSC_0435.jpg

DSC_0434.jpg

DSC_0429.jpg

DSC_0430.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[YOUTUBE] <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mpIr6gB-YsQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mpIr6gB-YsQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

Thx Guys. It did get some pretty sweet air time that day.

Unfortunately?

Everyone was jammin' their trucks & no one wanted to video :jamout:

Trucks were flyin' eveywhere, it was great.
:woo:

looking real gd! whats the gearing on it at the moment? and were you running 4s in the vid?

Good vid. Thx for showing me what I can't afford. Need to get back to my truck so I can push it around the shop.

thx josh its all stock 20/44. gonna try the 39t idler tho.

5s Hyperion 6.5A. pretty good.

I run the 39T idler and I would not recommend it for bashing. It makes crazy topend speed but I think low speed hard acceleration would be a damage maker. I say this tho and sure enough someone is probably bashing with a 39T and having no prob. Just my opinion on it.

I feel ya on the camera man.....I've even considered hiring one just so I don't have to worry about wether or not something made it on film LOL

Upgrade Time:

GH Racing Alloy Bellcrank: $40.00
HPI BulletProof Diffs.......: $50.00
Nova Diff cups..............: $40.00
PRC Bulk Plates.............: $40.00
Boca Bearings...............: not sure yet, waiting for Jay's recc.
Brake Servo..................: $80.00
Brake discs & related......: $30.00
39t, 17 & 18t pinions,
racer edge servo arm
& misc ........................: $50.00

snoopdogg

frddy nice little list... its funny how the small things add up very quickly....
When you get a price on the bearings, post em up as i am considering them too...

Also what spur are you going to be running with the 17or 18t pinions? i have a 47t coming as the 44 was too small and there was not enough movement in the motor mounts to get the pinion close enough to the spur

frddy nice little list... its funny how the small things add up very quickly....
When you get a price on the bearings, post em up as i am considering them too...

sure will, bear in mind that I'm using the nova cups to eliminate the 10x16mm & go 8x16m on both sides.

Also what spur are you going to be running with the 17or 18t pinions? i have a 47t coming as the 44 was too small and there was not enough movement in the motor mounts to get the pinion close enough to the spur

imma run the 44t spur. i also got the 39t idler which i'll try with the 18t, then 17t pinion. if it works out temp wize i'll keep the 39t, if not i'll go back to the 44t idler. kinda just experimenting a bit.

a little heads up frddy... The 17t pinion wont work with the 44t spur. Tried that yesterday and unless you modify the motor plate to allow enough sideways movement then you will not get an ideal mesh... It may work with the 18t but just in case i ordered a larger spur too. (should help with temps aswell) Keep me posted on how you find them. If your motor gets hot then I'm sure mine will as i am around 1lbs heavier.....

Upgrade Time:

GH Racing Alloy Bellcrank: $40.00
HPI BulletProof Diffs.......: $50.00
Nova Diff cups..............: $40.00
PRC Bulk Plates.............: $40.00
Boca Bearings...............: not sure yet, waiting for Jay's recc.
Brake Servo..................: $80.00
Brake discs & related......: $30.00
39t, 17 & 18t pinions,
racer edge servo arm
& misc ........................: $50.00
..................................: $330.00 + bearings, lol

snoopdogg

Nice List Fred.

money man

a little heads up frddy... The 17t pinion wont work with the 44t spur. Tried that yesterday and unless you modify the motor plate to allow enough sideways movement then you will not get an ideal mesh... It may work with the 18t but just in case i ordered a larger spur too. (should help with temps aswell) Keep me posted on how you find them. If your motor gets hot then I'm sure mine will as i am around 1lbs heavier.....

i can always mod my motor plate to adj mesh (carbon fiber). We'll see about the temps, i'll post up after i try it out.

What nova cups are you using?

Hellfire

Looks killer frddy!! Sweet job no the lid..Cool vid!! No video blowing up the stock tires yet? Just wondering dude..

Looks killer frddy!! Sweet job no the lid..Cool vid!! No video blowing up the stock tires yet? Just wondering dude..

thx man. I'm workin on gettin a Ve8 and paint up similar color scheme.

need the 39t to blow tires (its in the mail) stay tuned tho itll be coming on vid.
snoopdogg

thx man. I'm workin on gettin a Ve8 and paint up similar color scheme.

need the 39t to blow tires (its in the mail) stay tuned tho itll be coming on vid.
snoopdogg

ready to see it too man. I'm gonna try to blow up a set this weekend doing speedruns. That or I'll bust eighty trying :rock1:

Upgrades

Here is a list of my planned upgrades:

1. Boca Bearing Lightening Ceramic Yellow Seal Kit
2. Mechanical Brakes
3. 39t Idler gear & HD tranny gear
4. MaxAmps Hard Case Lipos
5. Bulletproof Diffs
6. Nova Cups
7. GH Alloy Bell Crank
8. Platinum R/C Products C/F Lower Bulk Plates

DSC_0501-1.jpg

lol, theyre double-stacked.

wonder if i'll ever get time to actually put all the stuff into the truck now :dunno:

ah... boy is my face red...:dunno:
finding time is always the hard part. cant wait to see it when it is done tho! nice choices btw. i love functional mods!

Got some nice goodies there man. Does the GH bell crank help with the slop? Looking forward to your opinion on how the Nova cup work with the BF diffs. Cheers

Latest posts

Members online

Back