$8 PVC Savage Stand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This link was passed on to me by xsavage3148 and I'm glad he did. I'm heading out to get these parts tomorrow to get started on this. Just needs a coat of black spray paint. Great post!:jumpers:

I went to my local hardware store (B&Q) and priced all these parts up and it all came to £25 ($50)!!!!!! :eek:(

I will stick with my paint tin for a stand...

I went to my local hardware store (B&Q) and priced all these parts up and it all came to £25 ($50)!!!!!! :eek:(

I will stick with my paint tin for a stand...

Ha ha, exactly the same prob here, Homebase literally wanted to rape my wallet for one of these :( ah the delights of rip-off Britain!

Maybe you should look into the pvc guy that posted in this thread and see if he can make you a deal on shipping. I know the pieces from him are reasonable. If you can find 3 or 4 guys that want them you could easily pay for your own stand plus shipping just re-selling one or two pieces!

Flex PVC Savage kits

Last edited by a moderator:
Great post, great project, great stand. I bought the parts yesterday for $8.18 with tax. Put it together yesterday and it works great. Used it to hold the savage while I upgraded servos and the transmission. :resp:

Just something i found out last night. If you have a FLM or other aftermarket tvp you may want to go a little bit wider one those center pieces. i cut mine to 3 1/4 and it was a little bit too narrow with the hex hardware and thicker tvp's.

Just something i found out last night. If you have a FLM or other aftermarket tvp you may want to go a little bit wider one those center pieces. i cut mine to 3 1/4 and it was a little bit too narrow with the hex hardware and thicker tvp's.

Excellent point...I found that out after I did my FLM conversion. A little grinding on the inside of the posts tool care of it for me. :yellowhack:

Here's pictures of the finished stand.

Whipnet: It's funny that you put a link to that in your post. I'm using the round one with my stand since I already had one.

This was a great project posted by YeahYeah. Works great!

Take note though of what xsavage3148 said about making it a little bit wider for FLM's and aftermarkets.

You can even lift and carry around the stand, they fit snug.

(Never mind the Savy, its under the knife.)

trays.jpg

this is an awesome thread,I'm going out today to get supplies. mine will be blue as well,but different and i have a rectangle tray that looks like it will fit just right.ill post pics when done,and i gave you rep points.:resp:

Bad67bird: Are you building the stand for a stock Savage X? If so, the sizes listed from the parts list are good. If you are building it for an XL or a Savage X with an extended chassis you have to take that into consideration. Good luck with the project. It's a huge help to have this on the bench.

i will be builind for a stock savy tvp......I'm watchin all measurements lol

please tell me you actually use that pump jack for the savvy

You know it!! :)

craftsman.jack1.jpg

craftsman.jack2.jpg

craftsman.jack3.jpg

It's really just for show/fun, but I actually have used it sometimes to keep my crawler jacked up so it doesn't flat spot the tires. :jamout:

i will be builind for a stock savy tvp......I'm watchin all measurements lol

Even if it is stock if you switched over to all hex hardware make the stand a little bit wider or just double check. that was my problem. the flm tvp's add some width but it was the cap head hex screws that were my problem so i had to make my stand a little wider. wouldnt matter if it was x or xl they both the same width as far as the tvp's go.

ok plans got changed and i just got the stuff sunday,but heres what i got:

Home depot

10" pvc pipe 1/2 inch $1.77
contractors pack
10 piece 1/2 tee unthreaded $2.20
1/2 tee unthreaded (2)@.28 .56 cents
1/2 pvc 90 degree (4)@.27 $1.08
1/2 pvc caps (4)@28 $1.12
----------------------------------------

grand total $6.73 plus .56 tax = $7.29

so its a little cheaper .....now i gotta start cuttin....will have a pic of it by the weekend.

Just another idea for you all. When I built mine I added those hollow metal door silencers under each fitting on the bottom of the stand (8) and another (4) of them on the upper tee where the truck actually sits. This helps absorb vibrations, keeps the stand in place on the bench and keeps the paint from scratching off the bottom of the stand.
Pretty easy - just drill the proper size hole at each location and insert the silencer (glue in place if you like). They should be available at the hardware store, but I just had some from an old project.

ok i got it buitl and the paint is drying,man it went together eeeeaaaassssyyyyy.right now its outside drying the paint and i chose to not use glue as it fit together great.man thanx a million for the how to,so simple a kid could do it.

ok heres the pics and no I'm way behind on the mid tank conversion........

100_2975.jpg

100_2976.jpg

100_2977.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just another idea for you all. When I built mine I added those hollow metal door silencers under each fitting on the bottom of the stand (8) and another (4) of them on the upper tee where the truck actually sits. This helps absorb vibrations, keeps the stand in place on the bench and keeps the paint from scratching off the bottom of the stand.
Pretty easy - just drill the proper size hole at each location and insert the silencer (glue in place if you like). They should be available at the hardware store, but I just had some from an old project.

Got any pics?

Looks great badbird.

Thanks for posting pics. It looks great! The round caps do give it a different look. It's such an easy build but it really is a huge addition to the bench. Good luck with the mid tank.

Latest posts

Members online

Back