What's everyone's name????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sure was for me! I took first place in all three of my classes with those vehicles, Gas Truck Sportsman, 1/8-Buggy Sportsman, and Unlimited Monster Truck. Check the "Chaser" video at slapmafro.com for some action (and me receiving three trophies :) ).

:m95: hey my name is Carson I'm 17 I'm in central cali iv'e got a Savage a Revo and aside from R/C I love paintball. Anyone else here like Paintball?? :m95:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what it is but i think rc and paintball go good together. Most ppl i run with play paintball too.

Hello, name is Peter, married for 12 years to a great woman that doesn't mind me playing with toys, and have a 7 year old son. On my sons 5th birthday I bought him a Stampede, on the 6th he got an E Maxx, now he has a Sportmaxx. He's the reason I still own an rc truck, I sold them all and he was mad because he didn't have anyone to bash with...Just bought another used Savage, and working on making a waterproof TXT for muddin.

whats up anthony Whats your fav.. truck out of the all of them what mill do u have in the violator????

My name is Josh Wiens, I live in Niverville, Manitoba, Canada. I am 17 years old and am having a hard time sometimes to be able to pay for this hobby. But hey it's all good.

-Josh-

MY name is Joe,I'm 40 years old and have a wife and 2 boys ages 14 and 16,I am a rig manager up here in Alberta,Canada.I presently own 5 rc's and i see more in the future....cheers!!!!

this has turned out to be a cool thread its nice to know everyones name and stuff GOD JOB GUYS u get a sticker:)

My name is Stone. I live in Starkville Mississippi. :shocked: I am 52 years old :shocked: I am disabled and been building and fiddling with computers for a few years. New to this RC stuff but having a great time building my first MT. I am sure this will not be the last. Wife wants a RC boat that should be a hoot.

I know there has been allot of new people on this fourm tell us your name and alittle about yourself too come on guys

My name is Curtis (i hate my name! :D) and i'm 19 years of age. i live in northern ireland about 10 mile from belfast. I've been into RC for about 9 years my first ever proper hobby grade rc was a cen tr4 that i still have and still can't get working, dam cen POS :(

My rc collection has grown and shrunk rather rapidy but heres a ruun down of what i've had and what i have at the moment

Cen TR4 - still have, still aint working
losi mini t - sold
kyosho half 8 - still have, still love :)
tamiya tl-01 drifter - still have in pieces
tamiya tk-01b - sold
tamiya tt-01 racer - still have
tamiya tlt - still have turning into a crawler
tamiya tlt(2) now a tube framed crawler
HPI MT2 (have two, one workes ones in pieces)
HPI Savage x SS - love it!
Kyosho Spider - still have needs engine
Radio shack crawler
Tamiya Clodbuster - sold
Traxxas T-maxx - sold (POS)
Jammin' X1CRT - sold
Hyper 7 - was stolen :(
Hotbodies Lighting - sold
E-zilla - sold
AE TC3 Factory team - sold

i think thats it....

HI my name is chris i live in sunny england i like to ride my r6 when the weather allows (which isnt that often) i used to race electric rc cars when i was a boy i am now 29 and have just convinced my wife to get me a hpi savage x 4.1rtr i take delivery on 25th december (lol) so any tips or suggestions would be grate runnuing in etc. by the way i work as an auto electrician and mechanic. thanks
:newb:
:motorcycle:

welcom to the fourm chris hope u enjoy your stay everone is awesome here any questions just ask man

By the way Chris, Ill give u some advise and that truck of yours. Have you ever had a nitro truck before? If not the first thing I woould do is go over every nut and screw make sure there tight,and ready for abuse.Next start braking the engine in, Do what the manf. says to do for barke in.. Don't be in a rush take your time at this it will pay off in the long run. Any your engine will think you for it...(OOO yea If it was mine I would put a little after run oil in the carb to start it for the first time . Use it after every RUN.. drop some in the carb or take the glow plug out and drop a few drops in the head) Also I would think real hard about sealing the engine up.. there is other threades here that will explain that very well check them out...This will help you with any airleakes down the road. Also make tunning allot easiesr for you..... Anyway start off slow and don't rush the process.. get a cupple spare glow plugs and some afterrun oil and mabey a spur gear or 2 and u should be set..... Then there hop ups theres where u get hooked they get expensive $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ any questions feel free to ask later buddy

h
what you mean by sealing up the engine ??
any idea which plugs i should be usin??
it came with my first hop up free from hpi hardened spur gaer set i think something like that
thanks
chris

what Truck did u get the ss x or what

Sealing the engine = makeing sure there is no airleaks even a brand new engine will have a airleak take alook and some of the othere threade there is allot of info on that subject..... take allok at this link http://www.rchobbies.org/cars_eng-tuning.htm read it all there allot od good tips on the tunning and stuff the second page tells about sealing the engine

On the glow plug I know its cold where u live Its is here also so right now Iam running a mcoy mc 59 plug its a hotter plug because its so cold it helps burn the fule better....anyway u might want to think about getting a tempature gauge U can find a hand held unit for like 30 dollars I have the duratrak infer red one it works great When u brake in that engine u need the head of it to stay warm like 220* if u need to put a old sock over the head also when its cold after the brake in becareful on leaning that engine out.... (u will need to a little) because cold air is more dence (more air meens more fule) anymore questions just ask chris later buddy

hi
not the ss it is the RTR model it was workin out a lot more to buy trannys and so on so i started with RTR model i can hop up at my own pace then thanks for all the advice i will be carefull in running in
i fix cars for a living who would have thought such a little engine would be so indepth hmmm

Hello all. My name is John I live in Angier North Carolina about 20 min from Raleigh. I have 2 girls 12 and 1.5 weeks old and 2 boys 11 and 7. I have a modified savage x and a ssx w/ 3 speed. My 7 year old will have a tlt-1 on Dec. 25 and my 11 year old will have a mini-t on the 25. I'm an electrician by day. and on the side play with PC's and RC goodies. As my wife says anything to keep me sober and at home.
:shocked:

Hey john can u tell me how u r able to write your quote under your name like that (brain dead) do u have to buy it or something????

yeah how do you change that i have seen loads of different ones but don't know how you go about changin it . i think i know what a glow plug is (I'm a mechanic) lol

I'm Steve, and I'm 23 and live in regina, saskatchewan, canada. I'm a auto mechanic by trade, and I love playing with the r/c cars, or my turbo dodge in my spare time. Currently, I own a few units, my savage 25 LE with the k4.6, an XTM Mammoth ST with a mach .26, an XTM XLB 1/7 buggy with the SH .28 6 port, A Team Losi LST2 thats bone stock, an IRC Vulcan with a 2 speed and a Drake .095 engine, and last but no least, my newest addition, a Team Losi Micro T, and my silverlit picoo Z mico chopper.

heyy all, i'm dan from cambridge here in sunny enland :)nutshot: ) i run a 4.6 sav ss, i did have an rs4 a few years back, but that died, so the sav is to get me back into rc. i work full time for a car accessories dealer, after spending 4 years at college doing a national and higher national diploma in motor vehicle engineering, i'm 22 and will be doing my motorcycle test in the new year. i start learning in the end of feb. i am owner and bill payer of http://www.hardwaresquad.co.uk
and enjoy buggering about with computors when it's too cold for my other interests, r/cing, mountain biking (no mountains in cambs!) and shooting. so that's me, howsabout everyone else??!! :eyecrazy:

Welcome new members don't forget to tell us your name and alttle about yourself I know your out there guys say hi

Hi all..

New to the forum also.... I have been into RC off and on for the past 15 years. I started out with a Tamiya Frog and F1 road car.

I got out of the hobby for a long time. Then I got into gliders, mainly the attack type gliders. I have one that I am putting together as we speak. But then I saw some kids playing with a gas powered car in the park and man was I feeling the urge. So I mentioned to my wife in passing and what do you know for xmas this year was a nice Savage X under the tree!! One happppppyy camper.

By day I work on computers, have a graphics/web site business on the side along with other ventures... I also love photography!

Happy to be here and I can't wait to start modding out my Savage X..... I have been looking at some of the street cars and my next car is going to be the Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec 3.3 RTR Sedan........... Give me more speed!

R~

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back