Stripped slipper clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juarezd

Hey hope ya guys can give me a hand. Today I started to break in my savage. I let it idle through 2 tanks of fuel like it said. When I got to the driving around I gave it some gas it moved foward a little bit then stopped. The motor revved up but the truck wouldn't move.took a look at the truck and turns out a small section of the slipper clutch was stripped all teeth gone. It was just about 1/2-3/4 of a inch gone. I was thinking about just getting the metal versions of both the slipper clutch and the spur gear. What else would I need to run this set up? Or what do ya recommend?

Mann!!! is this what happen to you? see picIMG_3405.jpg

Exactly that happen to me.. and now I have to buy a metal spur gear.

Yes exactly that. It's weird cause it new and it only moved maybe 3 inches. I had also set the mesh using the paper method.

i reported to hip and I am waiting if there sending me a new one. But for now i bought a Robinson Racing gear

I am using a 48/16 on my savage there is another thing to buy and that is the extra hard bell to go with it, if you use the stock clutch bell it will strip the teeth off in short order.....

I just bought this. Is this a good set up or did I mess up?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    255.8 KB · Views: 12
is that bell an extra hard one, otherwise you got the right spur.... you will need a new slipper pad tho to go on that spur gear....

Yes it said hardened on it and it also said necessary for using metal spur. Also do u recommend I run a dual slipper or what slipper do u think?

i am running the stock slipper setup on my rig, I see no reason to spend to just spend....

Yea but stuff from towerhobbies.com usually gets here in about 2 days and I don't want to wait.

Did I order the wrong one I thought stock was 17? How does this affect anything.

That's the plan. I was barely finishing up the idle part of the break in when it messed up.

I don't know where you bought your car, but I have to send my back. (Tower hobbies.com) Apparently the will repair the truck or send me another one.
I think that's cool.

That's where I got mine.

Latest posts

Members online

Back