Soulja's New Project Savage.....don't know a name for it yet!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea... i think ryu and i are going to work on the LEDs this weekend

awesome news........ MY ENGINE IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well.....since i had to work yesterday it was a 2am night getting my engine assembly together....but here she is!!!!!! awesome site....i tell ya

Picture531.jpg

Picture526.jpg

Picture528.jpg

Picture529.jpg

i agree....i have to make one bracket that will suppert the fuel tank....don't want the mugen mounts to break.....and then comes break in!!!!

well dang.......this thread has had over 2,000 HITS...o my GOD!!!!!!!!!

thanks! about to do the finishing touches tonight hopefully

Sweet build soul! With that picco...i think you would most definitly catch me! LOL

kickin @$$ and takin names is what this truck is about filbob!!!! LMAO!!!

well another late night of fabricating and making mounts for the front box/tank section. i didn't want just the two bellcrank screws holding that heavy aluminum plate....so Sat ryugaiden05 and i went to the hobby shop. i bought two pieces of aluminum and began fabricating a brace. i want to use the existing holes in the frame and no extras.....so i made a mock up one out of cardboard and test fitted it....then began cutting VVVVVVVVVVV

Picture535.jpg

Picture534.jpg

i used the existing holes in the trimmed mount (i had to cut the flm mount) and the old top battery box holes will be for the mounting of this brace.

i then used FLM's Servo mounts and made the bracket out of and old piece of steel. after test fitting the mount and using a wire brush to clean everything up...i took my trusty dremel and a pen to mark the holes through the tvps... and drilled the holes. no new holes in the TVP on this mount .....still using existing holes in the frame. when i put the servo with the mounts attached to it....i took a pen and marked them on the new servo mount....and use my dremel again to make holes

Picture541.jpg

Picture538.jpg

when i did my last mid tank using stock stuff... i remembered that the servo wire was gonna be too short....so if you do this mod you will need a 6" extension . i will post pics of that later.

now for a test fit of the whole thing before anything gets screwed down.

Picture539.jpg

Picture540.jpg

Picture537.jpg

the battery box will be screwed to the plate with two later of double sided tape between them for cushion....and the fuel tank will use a double C mount that i am going to make tonight. rubber o-rings will be mounted between the two (C mount and fuel tank) and along with two layers of double sided tape. this will be for cushion on the tank and shock absorbtion on the mounts so it won't crack. more coming tomorrow.............. i have a night of work ahead...................

Last edited by a moderator:
trying to post all the pics i can.... trial and error thing....but haven't really ran into any major problems with this.......yet.......

almost there.....i found something on ebay i want now...........

I can't wait to see all your toys in person man.(from the top to the bottom to the top)you have started over more times than i have LOL :jamout:

ebay is an honest man's NITEMARE!!! hope i win my item ....cuz this truck has a BIG surprise in store for it!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back