Soulja's New Project Savage.....don't know a name for it yet!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulja

Virginia Beach Beast
well guys...i was keeping it under wraps for a lil....but decided what the heck!!
This savage is actually two trucks made into one truck....i've just sold what i haven't been using.

Picture357.jpg

here is the start of the truck...on Savge XL and one Savage X 4.6 RTR

i decided that i wanted to stay short so that i could have more choicies as far as bodies go...so i keep the savage x sides. i used the front & rear assemblies, tranny, battery box, and motor plate off the XL

i want to keep the truck as much HPI as i can.......but HPI really didn't offer the body i want (i may end up going with the 53 Ford F100 body still). i decided since i am a Fireman myself...i would use Parma's fire truck....but may change it later.

I decided on all the HPI hop ups i wanted to add and it looks like it may be the same as my other truck....it worked very very well.....but i would have like it a little wider....so i bolted up the Savage suspension conversion, and A720 big bores.....they worked awesome....but my other big bores leaked ......when i was about to mail the truck off i noticed that the bottom of the shock wasn't screwed on tight! weel on these big bore it looks as if hpi changes and added a nother type of top mounting....mine others i had to put fuel line on the screw....but they made a nice change!
Picture386-1.jpg

Picture387-1.jpg

Picture370.jpg

Picture370.jpg

also...since i usuallu compete in the finals...i added an HPI safety stop. for those of you that try to cut their truck off by a wet thumb.....the safety stop is worth its money in gold! i had it on the other Savage and loved it....

for just playing around the yard and bashing i wanted this thing to look BIG,so i got a set of hotbodies UFOs and Psychos....these things look awesome, but don't really know about that big of a wheel and a 14mm hex!

here are pics so far with the stock body on it and with the fire truck body. the fire truck is going to be a candy apple red and chrome scheme with led's in the head light s and possibly a working strobe on the top!

Picture373.jpg

Picture374.jpg

Picture378.jpg

Picture382.jpg

Picture385.jpg

Picture381.jpg

waiting for the motor to get here....but i scored a Picco P3-28 #51232 off ebay for a cool $180...so i will update this thing when i get it!

Last edited by a moderator:
just sitting here thing of which gearing i am going to run..... i have the stock xl wheels and tires here....but i am gonna run dirt bonz to race with....but i'm not really sure of how the P3 operates.....prbably stick with the 18/47 for speed runs with dirt bonz.......and 18/49 when i race. that 18/49 setup with the good old f motor was a LETHAL combo that worked really well.........wonder how its gonna do on the Picco........
Thoughts anyone??

Nice lookin Savy you got going the souja..Can't wait to see that Firetruck body done..That sounds like it going to be swwweeeeeett...:resp:

i had been talkin to purenitro about modding my engine....man.......now i have to hustle up the money to get the engine done "Drag Mod" style......HPI is breakin my piggy bank!!!

thanks for the comment guys....can't wait to meet up with everyone at the finals!!!!!!

Awesomesauce Dread!!!?????!?!?!?!? Hahahahah Lol Lmao~!!

i was in the room messing with the truck today and noticed something about the truck. with the suspension ki and xl drivetrain the turning ain't from ****! my other savage with the suspension kit had two holes were the draglink hooks up and this kit has only one. anyone have any ideas as to make the bad boy turn sharper? included are some pics to show u all
what i mean
Picture392.jpg

Picture393.jpg

Picture394.jpg

Picture396.jpg

Picture395.jpg

those first two pics are with the steering lock to lock each way

guess no one has tried this with the suspension kit...........

dread... i run "spekum's" in all i own. thanks cole and i got the body from tower.

dread...everything was set exactly the way hpi stated in there instructions........don't know if it is the XL setup or what....

HomePie, I havn't forgotten about you. Been busy drivin SUDDEN IMPACT. Would go with a lower gear for the MJ WF, that is what a lil bird has told me for the last 2 years. You know who I hang with bro, both #1 & 2.
Just left Vegas, had a good time hangin with HPI & The CHAN MAN, lookn foward to seeing you in May. Going to bring Sean Duhon, my team bro and former driver of the T-MAXX truck.

BOBO!!! missed ya dude!!! wish i could've been there man!!! u r still living my dream ! i'll be there in may...and i'll be at the easter bash too. i'll give ya a call of shoot you an email!! glad to here from ya!!!!

soulman, idk whats up but lets figure it out. I'm using xl bones with X length axles. don't think that should make a difference, but look at the difference

are you getting full range of motion with your servo? i went right by the instructions maybe take your front tires and truck body off, turn the wheels all the way to one side & snap a pic from the top down to see if we can figure it out.

i will take pics of mine when i get home. i don't have the servo hooked up.....i was just trying it by hand. the full range of motion is ......odd compared to my other. now....i was thinking maybe it were the huge sets of tires i have on it too........

Looking good soul, I love the idea of having the fire truck as the body. Definitely gotta change those 14mm to 17mm or even 23mm since your running a big wheel/tire combo.

i will take pics of mine when i get home. i don't have the servo hooked up.....i was just trying it by hand. the full range of motion is ......odd compared to my other. now....i was thinking maybe it were the huge sets of tires i have on it too........

kk soulman. i'll pm this thread to judicator cuz he just put the RSC on his XL too, maybe he can shed some light.

thanks guys. i left my dang camera at work...so i'll post pics tomorrow.

could it just be the offset the tera pin wheels have?

idk badd, cuz my maximizers are 1/2" off set also. but look at the angle of his front-left tire (on the right side of the pic) on comparison to mine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back