Soulja's New Project Savage.....don't know a name for it yet!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I WAS SCOPING THAT OUT FREDDY...DON'T KNOW KNOW DUDE....
but one more question for anyone out there......who is using diff oils in there savage ......what weight......and do you like the difference????

running 10k in the cen diffs and the truck seems stable. I had 30k in both fron and rear on stock diffs, but it seemed to make the truck a little loose off the line. i should know a little more on the handling this weekend at the dungeon.

well.....i've decided to make a few changes. i guess i have decided to go ahead and mid tank this beast.......and i've also decided to stretch this this back out. after watching the races at the easter egg bash this saturday.....i noticed the the regular savages were very squirrely down the straight under power........not good for winning a race. the straights were not perfectly flat....and they just seem to hope around alot....especially under power. the XL's could come down the straights puffing smoke hard and easy slid right in the turn and most of the time depending on driver just flat track the turns. that's what i want....not necessarily fast.....and they were........but stable. the air characteristics of an Xl are very well mannered..... it really plants it's feet upon landing.
SO WHATS UP NEXT??? well............... i alreading have my flm mount for servos, Mugen tank , ofna linkages, and Cen battery box.....this thing is getting mid tanked.
I also notive that the terra pins are alright!!! i would have to use them a little to get used to their turning capabilities...but i noticed Dustin Browns savage had them. he was awesome off the line....jumped and planted well, turned with a little roll.....with just enough slip to flat track.....looked like a well put together combo for a tacky tracky they ran on at digger's. i don't want to go on and on...but those were a FEW of my observations........

Last edited by a moderator:
oooooo boy...change in plans again!! spending to much in this savage and won't be streching it out! but...since i have run MDF wheelie bars on all my savages....shouldn't make this one any different! Sooooooooooo

i started the midtank yesterday. i bought the FLM plate thinking it would work right in it...but no no NO! it was too long for it to sit in there! so...armed with my trusty dremel.......

and on to mounting the servo. i had to make a plate that wouldn't look cheesy on it...so with the base plate off a lamp i began to go to work.......pics of this will be posted as soon as i get home from work

here is the start of the mid tank...
first i shortened FLM servo plate to work with the stock TVPS. i love the "X" in them....ai can't part wit em. the stock flm servo plate was to long and hitting the tranny. after a hack saw.....
Picture516.jpg

this is what u have. everyone knows that you can't put the cen box in the way it is...so i hacked that also. i wanted my servo in the same spot as stock.....so i took and cut the bottom of the box out perfectly so the servo would make a watertight seal
Picture517.jpg

here is how the servo, box and plate looks inside the tvps

Picture515.jpg

while i was in a dremeling mood... i decided to go ahead and trim the top of the boc so i could mount my charging jack and still use the rubber plug....so.......................

Picture518.jpg

Picture519.jpg

now time to test fit everything....

Picture510.jpg

PERFECT.....now all i have to do is mount this all up...but i wanted to make a plate for my servo mount. a kind lamp that didn't work donated the metal and here ya go after cutting and grinding the edges

Picture512.jpg

time to test fit the mount and ......

Picture513.jpg

Picture514.jpg

PERFECT! now all i have to do i drill holes and that's set!

i went on and mounted the wheelie bar without the wheels

Picture511.jpg

and when to modify my 23mm hubs to accept BAJA WHEELS...check out the thread here.... https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10583

heres a sneak peak at that.....

Picture521.jpg

MORE TO COME SOON!!!!!!!!

Robin let me know that he received my engine..pppppffffffffffweeeeewww... i was scared after reading grumpy's thread....so the engine is about to get done...in the words of Hannibal ......."I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER!!!"

has anyone ever used the hpi purple engine mount? if so....do you like it?? do you think it's worth the money???

tis an MDF Spurrs wheelie bar

the rest of my parts came in today....all i am needing is the hpi engine mount and the hpi 49t steel spur setup. i have to wait until next week to get those....but anyway.....here a preveiw of what is to come. i should have the body painted tomorrow...and i am gonna post pics of what the body looks like tomorrow evening. i decided to change the body also to an HPI 53 F100. i really wanted to keep the truck all HPI but i had to make a few changes to get the look that i wanted. so here are some pics. the body is going to be simply....but SO SHAGG NASTY!!!!!! A simple painted with the right amount of accents to bring it out.....man you guys are gonna love this thing when i am finished! here's preveiw

Picture481.jpg

Picture482.jpg

Picture483.jpg

Picture484.jpg

Hey Matt, What happened to the painted body you had this morning? Real nice, real clean. All I see now is a clear body. Maybe I'm seeing things...

yea Brian....mickey hit the nail on the head! last year when i posted a body i saw another like it at the finals....don't want that to happen this year(insert sinister laugh here).....mueyhahahahahaha

thanks scoby

Latest posts

Members online

Back