Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds like they have got you covered, but one question. Was the mill broken in when the gear broke?

You're not the only one, my cousin had the same thing happen but he had hit a jump, landed and gave it throttle and "pop" it went. picked up the piece at our LHS got it up and running but he also called HPI and they sent him 2 replacements for his trouble, A+ service, give it a shot, he can have it as a back up!

HPI is awesome about standing behind their stuff. They have sent me replacement parts that were way more questionable than that, and they didn't even ask me for proof! I'm sure if they saw those pics they would hook you up for sure, but they probably wouldn't even ask for them. When you call, have the part number ready so they know exactly what it is that you need.

Yeah, he ended up buying a new one. I was gonna pay for it, but he payed for the motor and I ended up buying the parts he needed to get his GST fixed. Prices worked out to be about the same.

Damn! should've had a Savage.... its just that simple. :duh: :hardlaugh:

He does have a savage also. He had to get the 4-tec 3.3 to keep up with the on-road car that I got. He just couldn't stand the fact that I had a faster on-road car then he did. It was fun though watchin his Associated TC3 nitro try and keep up with Schumacher nitro Fusion (with a BB motor in it).

Well i decided after work to run my X today and i was having a great time...

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/1spikebebop/?action=view&current=CLIP0012.flv
Just messing Around on the icy parkinglot and a huge snow drift(above^)

...Then i tried my camera mount out which worked ok... didnt have my usual tires on, the XL had mine on since the stock nub tires that come with it have no traction on snow, but they worked on mine! (below IS VERY LOUD!! Turn it down!!)

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/1spikebebop/?action=view&current=CLIP0011.flv

so when i ran out of memory in the cam i romped around a little more.... and this is what happened....sux!

SDC10189.jpg

SDC10190.jpg

SDC10191.jpg

SDC10195.jpg

SDC10198.jpg

and that was my day with the good ol' savage x!!! Ebay here i come!!
:dmt:

Same thing happened to me yesterday with my rear diff. Tore 5 teeth off the pinion, broke both drive pins in the outdrives, and tore up the two larger gears in the diff case that turn the outdrives. Not sure what they are called. I already had the BP diff sets on the shelf but hadn't put them in yet. Sucks that I damaged some of the internals 'cause now i have to wait for a new bevel gear set. I rebuilt one with the BP gear set and threw it in the rear bulkhead, I could always go rear wheel drive LOL.

Yeah I did a cartwheel and also broke a support for the fuel tank. That needs a bit of gorilla glue. And thanks for the welcomes

Welcome and glade to see you are taking broken parts the right way. Rember if you break it it is the perfect excuse to buy hop ups.

Latest posts

Members online

Back