Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats not what the manual means by break in...........:lmao:

thanks 4 the share

I broke both front and rear bumper mounts. the rear body post. my buddy bent a dogbone and blew up his rear diff. I will post pics of that after he sends (bulletproof diff)
DSCN1076.jpg

DSCN1077.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, bumper mount screws don't count as damage. They're consumables, like fuel, filters, and glow plugs. I think I break at least one every other day out.
BTW, throw a couple zip-ties around the bumper mounts just in front of the suspension pin retainers. The mounts turn out in a wreck and let the pins slide out, which drops the whole suspension, then you have to spend half an hour looking for the pin and your dogbone. Don't pull the ties all the way tight, though; leave them slightly loose or they just snap.

Nice first break!
I've had much better luck with the older arms from the 21 and 25. They seem to be a little stronger, and they're symmetrical, so the same arm fits all four corners. Only disadvantage is they don't have extra screw locations for swaybars or alternative shock mounting points.

yeah you don't need much brake to correct, (with nitro) just a "flick"

Flux handles no way near a nitro in any way so you gotta get used to it.

Nice piece of bashin bro.

How do you guys get the broken screw out of the bumper mounts? Do you just get a new mount or is there an easy way to get them out so you can just throw a new screw in?

You can get a screw extractor set, it drills a hole into the broken screw then you put in a different type of bit and it will screw it out.

thats impressive to blow a bullet proof diff. must have been hard on the throttle on landing.

Those screws are very small, seems like it would be pretty tough to extract them.

Did you actually blow the ring or pinion gear? Those are the only part of the diff that is "bullet-proof".

clear things up, mine broke on a bad landing. his broke by hitting the concrete block at full speed lol!
also, my truck has a flux tranny back in atm. I'm waiting on my motor plate to be machined for the CD conversion.

Bashing alittle with tons of room to run.. but i happened to find the only tree out there. Slammed right into it at WOT.

believe it or not.. LHS had all my stuff instock.. picked up hellfire alum shock caps.

Ouch

Been there bud. Trees and light poles seem to have magnets build into them :)

Good thing your LHS has you taken care of, it could have been alot worse.

Members online

No members online now.
Back