Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a good idea in theory. But their is a down side to that . It is hard enough to keep the two savys and jato up and running let alone try to keep hers going. Easier and cheaper just let her bash mine. Gives me a reason to hop it up.LOL

That depends on what she keeps breaking on yours - LOL! I've been lucky so far - my wife hasn't really broken anything on hers since I got it for her...although she's still learning how to drive it, so she's been taking it pretty easy on it so far.

shes not one to take it easy on the trucks as you can tell. She is more like drive it like you stole it.lol

truck was bought used and put together friday,the motor is a wasp .28 with only a 1/4 tank on it after break-in,it was my buddys and this was his first run with it,he jumped a snow bank and hit a pole dead on,anyway he's done with r/c and i bought the truck for parts

OUCH!!!!!

savagecrashed.jpg

:hardlaugh: That is great, to bad there wasn't video of that. What kind of deal did you get?

SWEET!!! Spinners on the Hot Bodies fireball wheels!! doesn't get much more pimped than that!!

heck, it looks like all you really need to fix her up is a new bulk and chassis brace and radio/servo box...

RC's aren't for him if he gave it up that easily. My truck could explode and I would just build another one.

as far as my buddy goes,its just a long story,he started with a xtm x-factor and it broke all the time,so he got fed up and i told him take your radio gear out and your new motor and buy a savy roller,so after all the trouble he does that and this happens i guess it was just the straw for the camels back

nah i need something running so i can stick it in this xtm,..I'm thinking of using the wasp,but I'm worried it will probably kill the drivetrain

truck was bought used and put together friday,the motor is a wasp .28 with only a 1/4 tank on it after break-in,it was my buddys and this was his first run with it,he jumped a snow bank and hit a pole dead on,anyway he's done with r/c and i bought the truck for parts

That is EXACTLY what I did a year ago...

Foolish as I was, I built a jump on a snowbank right next to a telephone pole in my driveway, after several successful jumps, I was getting more gutsy, and I missed the jump, slamming straight into the pole with my 1 month old Savage 25 limited..

Although, I had more luck it seems, I just broke my "roll bar", the engine mount, the engine mount plate, the aluminum engine mount braces, the plastic spur gear and the front plate, also, the exhaust was a bit dented...

Photo of some of the damage

Btw, looks painful... Did your friend manage to hold back the tears?

I agree with thrasher6 about letting your wife/girlfriend have her own truck. I have my savage X for me then we bought two used Savages on E-Bay. So she has her own that she rarely crashes and we still have one extra for when one of them brakes or should I say for when I brake mine!

It is of course expensive no matter which way you go...lol. At least my wife is much easier on hers than I am on mine. All I know for sure is that I'm glad I went with a Savage when I got into the hobby, because I don't think there's much else out there that would hold up to the kind of beating that I give it. I can't believe what kind of stuff the savage will take (and mine's more stock than anything).

I'm glad I'm not the only one that made the mistake of running too close to a telephone pole...sounds like I was much luckier than the rest, though. I came off a jump wide open and hit the pole in mid-air as well, but I was lucky in that I was a little off center. The front right wheel hit VERY hard, and the only thing I did was knock the steering off. Lucky me...sorry to the rest of you that weren't so lucky!

Jt's stump has attributed to quite a bit of damage to my truck, also. We WILL finish off that stump someday...

i might what kind of stuff do you have?

I honestly have a little bit of everything (Savage related anyway)...let me know what types of items you'd be interested in, and we can work something out maybe...

I am glade that my wife is starting to get into the hobby and the bright side to this little mishap is that i am getting some nice new parts!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree. I love that my wife is getting into the hobby - it gives me more of a chance to run my savy. Before I got her one of her own, it was hell trying to get out there and run mine. Now she's got a reason to want to go with me and have fun herself.

my wife gets it from both sides if I'm not talking about cars then my 2 year old is running around screaming cars

I know this is the crash forum....but here are the before pictures......i will add the rest after i try the first flight!!!!!:duh: This is the "Blade CP Pro"

Looks real nice bud, I wonder how it will look after the first flight...lol keep us up to date with the flying.

HEY BUD keep me updated bc I am lookiong to buy an RC helo sson but one that I can LEARN to fly and not weaste my money in the first 15 secs.lol

Nice setup. I've only heard helis are the most difficult to fly. You haven't had any practice prior to this have you? At least your giving it go, Good Luck

HOP i haven't flown anything heli wise and only flown an electric glider from radioshack.......but I am thinking about getting a heli for about 200-250 bucks from our LHS. I think its a Blade CP

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back