Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the kind words guys..this is the best of the mini's they say..there are 2 lower platforms ...but i figured what the hey..if iam going to learn i may as well upgrade a good heli in the process...and yes Hop..no prior flying of any sort except with the savy...and i don't really land that to well either.

Allow me to put this into perspective.
Your wife is cool! She drives your trucks and has fun.
Several of my buddies at the club do not have wives like that. Their wives actively HATE everything having to do with their hobby. One wife in particular took advantage of her hubby being away on business and gave away all his R/C stuff. All of it. Its gone. This is the kind of thing that can end it.
So, your wife is cool.
I feel lucky because my wife is okay with it and R/C stuff keep my sons interested in something besides TV and video games.

well yesturday i was driving my savage x and taking it off some jumps but my day ended early because i landed badly on my front right tire and i ended up breaking one of these http://www.hpiracing.com/piw4.php?part=85048 but i had fun doing it. any ways i was wondering if there is a good upgrade for this or should i just stick with the stock uprights??

Well Integy sells aluminum ones, but I have had great luck with the plastic ones. I would say buy a stock one and stick with it. Unless you just like the bling and need aluminum ones.

Nice carnage..i would stick with the stockers also due to the fact your running the stock wheels...some do hop up to the Alloy hubs to help with bigger tires..but the stockers keep your break point out where it is easy to fix.
Another little thing to do is drill a hole in the top right hand corner of your truck bodies rear window and run your antenna through it so it is out over the back of your truck..not sticking straight up in the air .....it will save your antenna looking like that plus save you possibaly cutting it right off some day.

-BH-

i upgraded to the aluminum ones,I'm not all about the aluminum because i believe the plastic will allow for a little bend before it breaks,but with those pieces in the front it seemed like every time i went out i broke a front one,i replaced them with the integys and its been good ever since,just the front ones thats the only aluminum on my truck except the shocks and chassis

ok thanx for the tips i will stick with the stock uprights and i will also drill a hole through the back of my body for my antena.

Well I finnaly took my truck apart, its been sitting sence the smash and bash contest.Eww some nasty damage. So here are some pics of most of the broken parts. Enjoy.......:chainkiller:
the Front diff's ring and pinion.
carnage2001hk4.jpg

carnage2002eg3.jpg

carnage2003xl2.jpg

have not opened the rear diff yet its just locked up.

Nova clutch shoes, these where pretty new, not any more LMAO.

carnage2004ms0.jpg

front c hub and titanium king pin. This happend at the end of the vid along with a brand new steering plate that snaped.Was an extreamly violant hit the nastyest hit my truck has ever taken.

carnage2005zl6.jpg

carnage2006xf8.jpg

carnage2007ns5.jpg

striped the threads out of thye aluminum bulkhead.

carnage2008ak2.jpg

carnage2011if3.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed the pics. Big Big Thank YOU to TNC (Tom) for helping me out. Hopefully it will be back in 1 peace befor to long.

Man that 13 tooth looks like mine ( I hate when that happens) didn't realize u did that much damage, w/ the shoes looking like that how did that happen?? do u run a steal spur.

thanks for the pic bud NICE!!!!

I think the shoes got munched near the end, when i took the cb off the lower bearings had came aparts.So it must have been tweeking around not to mention the truck was getting 8 or 9 ft off the ground and travaling 30+ feet.the hard impact of landing or wiping out I'm sure didnt help them 1 bit. That was 2 days worth of filming to make that video.
I should make another video from that footage of nothen but wipouts.

I can't get over the amount of broken pieces you have. It's wierd that the 13th gives like it does. Not sure if it's a harden steel or what but one would think hPI could make a stronger 13th pinion. It looks like your diff cup got chewed up there. What are your plans for rebuidling the entire diffs and housing?

]-[0pa]0ng;18865 said:
I can't get over the amount of broken pieces you have. It's wierd that the 13th gives like it does. Not sure if it's a harden steel or what but one would think hPI could make a stronger 13th pinion. It looks like your diff cup got chewed up there. What are your plans for rebuidling the entire diffs and housing?

I have had 13 tooth's look like that after 1 TANK, I have had issues FOREVER W/ the Iam now in the process of switching over to cen ! Iam sick of hpi's cheep ring and pinion... I called them 2 days ago b/c I bought a brand new ring gear and bearings that go on it and the bearings would not seat on them AT ALL.. I had to leave a message, and no one yet has returned my call.............

I went and bought the new upright set yesturday and put it all together. i haven't ran it yet though because we have been having some crapy weather.

thanx for all your help!!!

savvy vs. metal pole doing full tilt....one sound describes is all...whaaackkk!!:jamout:

Smashed mine into a wooden telephone pole, it knocked the street light out.... :p

It happened last year around now, and I'm SILL changing parts on my savage..

0ouch man, i did that just in the fall and it wasn't pretty, haha, i posted it too. sucks cause it wil never have the same strength it did before.

Yup I had a wheel break off and then my savvy hit a concrete poll full tilt a sound that is unforgettable

Well I finally got a decent amount time to bash it up at the local track and have suffered some minor damage. Nothing serious just enough to show some character...lol. I'm so happy I decided on a SavageX over a Revo or Tmaxx The truck is going on 6 weeks old, brand new from the local LHS. Besides from just running it up and down the street and the open field across the street the truck really hasn't been bashed on until today. So after rolling, flipping, and cartwheeling the truck over 100 some odd times something finally gave. The rear right axle carrier hub broke...switched the left over and was off and running again....just a 10 minute fix. Then the rear bumper screw heads snapped and left the threads imbedded....no biggie. Thats about it and from a rookie to the hobby(plus being a rookie RC driver) I couldnt be more pleased with the speed, toughness, and fixability. She aint so pretty no more....lol. Heres some pics. Thanks for all the help guys.

I replaced my bumper screws along time ago but thinking back they did snap quickly for me as well. You would have given up on this hobby if you bought a T-Maxx they break very easily. Savage reigns supreme!

Glad to here that you had fun bashing. Keep up the good work lol. It's in tour blood now. once a basher allways a basher

Members online

No members online now.
Back