Project Name: Black Magic ..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also have a question...

Do you guys think its possible to mount a OFNA 250 tank on engine mounts inlo of the plate? I would really like to not have to go with a plate..

Are you going to try an engine plate, or are you talking about the cross-members that go under the engine plate? You can use those cross-members and then just cut and drill your own piece of aluminum for really cheap. But then you'll need cut and drill another small plate to mount your T/B servo where the stock tank used to go.

Are you going to try an engine plate, or are you talking about the cross-members that go under the engine plate? You can use those cross-members and then just cut and drill your own piece of aluminum for really cheap. But then you'll need cut and drill another small plate to mount your T/B servo where the stock tank used to go.

Yeah my plan is the following...

Take cross members and use them as stands for the tank.. one over the servo saver and other by tranny.. ( i think the tanks longer) Use flat alum on the tvps to mount the servos.. i may just told off and buy the midtank with the TVPS and then it would make things real easy.

I've seen plenty of people do a mid tank on the cheap. You want the tank to sit right on the cross members? You could always use a plate on the cross members first as a platform for the tank to sit on, then use some nuts and bolts to make mounts for the tank similar to what the PRC mid tank plate has standing up off of it.

yeah i was thinking like the cross members with like whatever i needed to come out with to mount the tank then the center would be empty. Does that make sense?

Yeah it makes sense. Never seen it done that way. If the opening underneath is too big it may cause a problem if something puts any weight on the top center of the tank. I have heard these ofna 250's crack easily and have seen a few pics of broken ones that were only in minor wrecks. Just something to consider.

Yeah it makes sense. Never seen it done that way. If the opening underneath is too big it may cause a problem if something puts any weight on the top center of the tank. I have heard these ofna 250's crack easily and have seen a few pics of broken ones that were only in minor wrecks. Just something to consider.
Ok.. so maybe thats not such a good idea then. lol. I think I'm gonna wait till i get the TVPS so i have all the servo holes ready and things will be much easier. Let me add up how much FULL carbon will come out to :O

don't play arround like that. i was ready to drive up their and burn that t-max to the ground.LMAO

LOL.. I'm still loling at that thread.. people don't understand.

I added it up before and I was gonna get everything I need from him to do a mid tank including the servo plate and all the small stuff for $114 including the shipping. Add the $147 for the chassis kit and it is around $261 plus maybe a little more shipping for the chassis, I know some of his prices changed a tiny bit since then so you'll have to add it up to get an exact quote from his site. He was only gonna charge $6 at the time to ship all that stuff minus the chassis.

Last edited by a moderator:
I added it up before and I was gonna get everything I need from him to do a mid tank including the servo plate and all the small stuff for $114 including the shipping. Add the $134 for the chassis kit and it is around $250, I know some of his prices changed a tiny bit since then so you'll have to add it up to get an exact quote from his site.

250 TVP setup + Midtank setup
350 Modded Picco
110 ERCM Big Block Side Bleed Pipe

710 Total...

Why did i just add that up.... :tear:
:smilie8:

LOL, that was your first mistake. Just don't get it all at once, it'll make you feel better LOL. Like I said before ignorance is bliss.

Cool I modded my stock XL body to accept these little LED flashlights that we got for free at this dinner we went to. Each one has 3 blue-white LEDs and are quite bright. The best part is no wiring required, just click them on and off with there own buttons, they come off with the body, and they were the exact same size as the headlight stickers so you can't even tell they aren't stock LOL.

You will love them! Is a mid tank coming with when they get put on?

Black Magic _ Mid-Tank Build
OFNA 250CC Tank
RPM receiver box rcgt10 (black) GOT IT
Ofna Linkage Sliders OFN10704
Ofna Linkage Kit OFN10724
Smoked Fuel Line
FLM Servo Mounts (2)

Am i missing anything?

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back