new clutch system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Untitled%201_zpsku2iq5b2.jpg
Oh so not the whole slot oh man that's gunna be hard to keep them even and in the right spot hhhmm

measure twice and cut once, carbon fibre is easy to file, you could drill it to the right od, then file it so it joins the slot already in the plate

Might have to try it cause the bell is back as far as it will go. I do have it so it doesn't touch and spins freely the spur and bell but a bit more cleanse would be nice it doesn't have to move back much just ever so slightly.

so, I'm now thinking, is it wise to just buy a hpi alloy plate, they are cheap enough, that way if it goes tits up you wont have hurt your carbon fibre plate

tbh thats what id do

or ...... buy a piece of carbon fibre, hand your plate and the blank to a engineering company and say, make that but them slot holes set them back 2mm

i am able to make that plate with the new adjusted holes but i don't live your side of the pond

If you have a hacksaw and drill and a couple files you could make one out of alloy plate , most hardware stores carry aluminum plate and cutting to shape is easy with a hacksaw.... trace your carbon plate onto it and just go slow with it......

I HAVE FAITH , besides you will be much more satisfied if ya make it yourself.....

I don't have the tools to make my own plate, wish I could though would be nice to be able to make my own parts.

Trying one more thing before I hack at my plate. Gunna try an unvented bell cause there a little deeper bell and see if that works. If not crap..lol

nice find, sharkattack, that engine mount looks like it will give you the adjustment youll need to sit the engine back so the clutch bell and spur gear will line up perfectly, for those people wanting a buku clutch it will be a vital extra part to buy, to make that clutch system fit on their savage, costly but then worth it

Last edited:
Well I got the mount but I have a problem. I stripped on of the screws trying to take the motor out of the truck. 1 of the 1s that attack it to the motor plate and I don't have a clue how to get it out. Any ideas?

or as X said, if the head of the bolt has come off then drill small hole down centre of bolt maybe 2-3mm down and use an easy out, or if theres some thread of the snapped bolt sticking up, cut a slot, if you stripped the thread you can re tap it and put a slightly larger bolt in it

Wait, maybe I misunderstood, is the head still there but stripped? As in, not hex shaped anymore? Or is it busted off?
Yes the head is still there I just stripped the he part it's now round in stead of hex where the tool goes to turn the screw.

Well after all the hassle of trying to get the old motor mount off, come to find out the new motor mount isn't wide enough for my motor geez it's just one thing after another...lol so I'm returning it and we'll see what else we can find.

Looks to me like the new mount has wider pedestals. Maybe that is just how it looks in the picture. Is it possible to take a little material off with a dremel and make it fit?

Should I take a little off the mount or the block? Not sure about the mount pretty thin as it is.

don't take any metal off the engine block, just mark where the mount rubs and little by little file it away checking each time where it rubs

try and keep it even on both sides of the engine mount :) little at a time, and only where it rubs the engine block

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back