New bigger engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Down

Hi guys. Help needed. I am fitting the Nitro Star F5.9 to my Savage X. (Long story why!). Anyway I am unsure about how you remove the clutch and flywheel. Or at least the method used. Thanks in advance.
Chris :)

Attachments

• 6D74F362-A883-418E-B3F2-7B00EF8EBFCA.jpeg
    6D74F362-A883-418E-B3F2-7B00EF8EBFCA.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 18
Small flat blade screw driver to remove the clutch shoes. Lightly pry them off. I put a rag around the flywheel and use channel locks to hold the flywheel. There are videos on youtube also.

Small flat blade screw driver to remove the clutch shoes. Lightly pry them off. I put a rag around the flywheel and use channel locks to hold the flywheel. There are videos on youtube also.
Thanks mate that is helpful. :)
Chris.

Oh Kay trying to reassemble the clutch. Bloody hell the springs are fiddly to fit!! Not getting on well here. Any tips?

Oh Kay trying to reassemble the clutch. Bloody hell the springs are fiddly to fit!! Not getting on well here. Any tips?

I usually just use a flat head screw driver. If you find you want something a little more designed for the task, there are many clutch tools out there. I have used THIS one, it does fairly well.

I usually just use a flat head screw driver. If you find you want something a little more designed for the task, there are many clutch tools out there. I have used THIS one, it does fairly well.
Omg I am so gonna get one of those. Thanks. I’ve got three big block nitro trucks so it will be used. :)

Think I need to watch a video to see how that one works.

I have the more simple type that just allows you to rotate the tail of the spring.
https://www.team-eds.com/product-p/eds-182002.htm

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back