Premium members don't see ads. Clickhereto upgrade.

New bigger engine

hwrd442

Small flat blade screw driver to remove the clutch shoes. Lightly pry them off. I put a rag around the flywheel and use channel locks to hold the flywheel. There are videos on youtube also.

Chris Down

Small flat blade screw driver to remove the clutch shoes. Lightly pry them off. I put a rag around the flywheel and use channel locks to hold the flywheel. There are videos on youtube also.
Thanks mate that is helpful. :)
Chris.

Chris Down

Oh Kay trying to reassemble the clutch. Bloody hell the springs are fiddly to fit!! Not getting on well here. Any tips?

X

Conspiracy of One
HPISF Staff
Oh Kay trying to reassemble the clutch. Bloody hell the springs are fiddly to fit!! Not getting on well here. Any tips?

I usually just use a flat head screw driver. If you find you want something a little more designed for the task, there are many clutch tools out there. I have used THIS one, it does fairly well.

Chris Down

I usually just use a flat head screw driver. If you find you want something a little more designed for the task, there are many clutch tools out there. I have used THIS one, it does fairly well.
Omg I am so gonna get one of those. Thanks. I’ve got three big block nitro trucks so it will be used. :)

olds97_lss

Think I need to watch a video to see how that one works.

I have the more simple type that just allows you to rotate the tail of the spring.
https://www.team-eds.com/product-p/eds-182002.htm