HIRISK's OFNA Linkage Set Up with pics and details

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just started setting this up and noticed that I'm missing the OFNA ball. I got all the items as specified. Why is it not in there? Where would I get it?

P1010382.jpg

The ball seems to be missing from the "new" OFNA kits. I'd love to do this mod, the only part that is missing in those two kits (OFNA# 10724 and 10704) is the ball.

This 4$ set should do the trick: OFNA #10292. What do you think?

that should work. I bought just the balls from amainhobbies. Got too many balls for this project! LOL!

Thanks, Just finished my build but cant drive it till tomorrow, too dark out.

Anyways whats the gizmo under your fuel tank? Looks like a release of some kind.

P1010405.jpg

Aluminum foil? Sorry I don't. They did leave some space ship parts at my house to put on ebay. You interested?

For those of you that bought the 3 #'s listed at the first page, did it come with the linkage ball?

The little ball with the threads on the end?

I have yet to find a site that has all of these products in blue, can someone help me out?

I have yet to find a site that has all of these products in blue, can someone help me out?

i just ordered the whole set X3 from my atomic hobbies an ebay seller. best price i could find online and free shipping to the lower 48. shipping looks like it is taking awhile tho but Graham there was great to deal with. http://myatomic.com is the website although his ebay store seems to have better prices http://stores.shop.ebay.com/MyAtomic-Hobbies-and-Games, the servo horns i can only find in black. Be sure to type in ofn10704, ofn10724, ofn30661 because the parts will not show up with just the numbers. Hope this helps and good luck with your mod. I will be starting mine as soon as i get my parts.

This is how I did mine using the stock rods and some sliders/springs. This way you do not need the ball end or ball stud.

Sparc how did you manage to mount the servo to the motor plate.? I see some sort of metal mount... Does it also help mount the servo higher so the arm can reach over the top of the tvps?

It's actually mounted to the side of the TVP's using the FLM servo mounts. You can get them anywhere you can find FLM products.

thanks for that.. .i noticed that after my last post...

I just bought some GCM Servo mounts to go with my steering servo mounts...
Just need to buy the whole brake assembly now as the flux doesnt have any of it...

Hello all, first post on here. After using the search function and discovering that there are a multitude of ball studs that could be used to complete this MOD I have a question. Are the ball studs a standard size that will fit into the plastic end of the throttle linkage or should I buy a matched kit with the stud and plastic end? If I can just buy the ball stud, what lengths will be sufficient to go through the arm? 5mm? 8mm? Thanks!

1st off welcome to the forum JKLNHYDE..:rock1:
If you buy the ofna kit it comes with the ball ends..

1st off welcome to the forum JKLNHYDE..:rock1:
If you buy the ofna kit it comes with the ball ends..

Thanks for the quick reply!!

That would be great if they do. But the pics of the pieces in each kit don't show the ball stud anymore...I understand that the early versions of the throttle linkage kits did but not anymore...:dunno:

Hey guys don't won't to sound dumb but what benefits do you get from doing this? Does italy it stronger more responsive?

Lol just read what I wrote lol I'm on my iPhone and just getting used to typing. Meant to say does it make it stronger and more responsive?

Latest posts

Members online

Back