HIRISK's OFNA Linkage Set Up with pics and details

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ebay

I'm from uk is there a ebay shop where i can buy the items to perform this mod? ty

Got it thanks. I went to LHS and picked some up. They came in a pack of 8. Put it all on and will test it this weekend. Looks like it will work out NICELY. I love it when a plan comes together.

So I finally broke down and did this mod because the stock linakge with the loop spring really is a POS.

Fot the most part, I used all the OFNA parts the OP suggested. I tried to get the splined adapater from the OFNA (30661) to fit on my Hitec 645MG servo. I ended up wrecking it so opted to use the aluminum arm that came with my steering servo instead.

dp_110226_01.jpg

The length between the center point of the arm to the mounting point of the sliders is roughly 3/4" of an inch which give more throw so re-adjust endpoints on the transmitter to prevent binding. The stock one is about 5/8" length.

dp_110226_02.jpg

BTW, the servo linkage kit (10724) we ordered did not come with the threaded ball. Just got an email from Dave Starks at OFNA, the ball is a 3.8mm ball stud, fwiw. We were in a hurry so I used a Du-Bro 191 2-56 threaded ball link with a Du-Bro 172 12" 2-56 threaded rod.

dp_110226_04.jpg

Since there was an extra blue collar in the linkage servo kit, I added a collar and spring on the back side of the the brake link so the brake is disengaged on throttle up.

One last note about the Du-bro ball link is the threaded end sticks out well below the nut and must be cut down otherwise it will come into contact with the link going to the carb which will prevent it from opening all the way.

dp_110226_05.jpg

I made a video of the setup in action...

The throttle link does come into contact with the radio case on braking and bends over the rod, but it doesn't seem to affect it much. Try and keep the throttle linkage bends as minimal as possible. The straighter the rod and bends, the less it will flex. You can see mine still bends a little at WOT.

Great mod ppl and thanks to the OP for starting this thread. We are running 4 Savages and the stock throttle servo link is sticking on all of them. This is a must do mod.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
just wanna let people know u can order these in different colors i ordered mine in purple and it did come with the ball needed for throttle link for example part number 10724 is blue but 10725 is purple ... and did include ball but 10724 does not

just wanna let people know u can order these in different colors i ordered mine in purple and it did come with the ball needed for throttle link for example part number 10724 is blue but 10725 is purple ... and did include ball but 10724 does not

Thanks punisher, I was about to order 2 of the blue ones. The purple kit(10725) is twice the price but better looking and comes with everything needed for the mod.

twice the price should be same price i got mine at a local hobby store

ok guys here are the colors and prices
10721 yellow
10722 red
10723 peach ?
10724 blue
10725 purple
all are 7.59 at towerhobbies

So I finally broke down and did this mod because the stock linakge with the loop spring really is a POS.

Fot the most part, I used all the OFNA parts the OP suggested. I tried to get the splined adapater from the OFNA (30661) to fit on my Hitec 645MG servo. I ended up wrecking it so opted to use the aluminum arm that came with my steering servo instead.

dp_110226_01.jpg

The length between the center point of the arm to the mounting point of the sliders is roughly 3/4" of an inch which give more throw so re-adjust endpoints on the transmitter to prevent binding. The stock one is about 5/8" length.

dp_110226_02.jpg

BTW, the servo linkage kit (10724) we ordered did not come with the threaded ball. Just got an email from Dave Starks at OFNA, the ball is a 3.8mm ball stud, fwiw. We were in a hurry so I used a Du-Bro 191 2-56 threaded ball link with a Du-Bro 172 12" 2-56 threaded rod.

dp_110226_04.jpg

Since there was an extra blue collar in the linkage servo kit, I added a collar and spring on the back side of the the brake link so the brake is disengaged on throttle up.

One last note about the Du-bro ball link is the threaded end sticks out well below the nut and must be cut down otherwise it will come into contact with the link going to the carb which will prevent it from opening all the way.

dp_110226_05.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0ie1u5UaRo

The throttle link does come into contact with the radio case on braking and bends over the rod, but it doesn't seem to affect it much. Try and keep the throttle linkage bends as minimal as possible. The straighter the rod and bends, the less it will flex. You can see mine still bends a little at WOT.

Great mod ppl and thanks to the OP for starting this thread. We are running 4 Savages and the stock throttle servo link is sticking on all of them. This is a must do mod.

Cheers!

awesome - I'll be giving this a try. Plus rep for taking the extra time for all this. Extremely clean setup.

I'm looking in to a kit ofna makes all parts included ill order it for my basher. Parts are in black ill keep you guys posted

Sent from my MB501 using Tapatalk

The 3 #'s do not include the ball joints (at least for the new kits). You must purchase those separately.

I just received my parts for this mod in the mail (10724, 10704 and 30661) and the stud ball was not in the 10724 package.

Some show the stud ball in the picture like this:

ofnc1725.jpg

and some don't show it (10724)

ofnc1724.jpg

And I ordered mine from RC Planet which shows it in the picture but it didn't come in the package.

OFN10724-2T.jpg

Not sure why. But now I need to find one.

Anyone know the size of the one that's in the kit's?

**Update**

Just spoke with a tech rep at OFNA who confirmed for me that the older part number 10724 linkage kits came with the stud ball.

The newer stock part number 10724 kits DO NOT come with the stud ball.

He said to use Part Number 10292 as the replacement.

10292.jpg

Seem a bit long and don't need five.

For those looking for the stud balls, I tracked down an OFNA part number that seems to be similar if not the same as the one that came with the original 10724 linkage kits.

OFNA Part number 17103.
17103.jpg

Not sure why the guy at OFNA didn't suggest these as opposed to the other ones but I'm ordering these. They come in a pack of 4.

Hope this helps everyone who was searching for this part.

Clean set up! I like it. I'm pretty sure I have those parts laying around somewhere may give it a shot!

dp_110226_01.jpg

dp_110226_02.jpg

dp_110226_04.jpg

dp_110226_05.jpg

Cheers!
Very good, Thanks!

**Update**

Just spoke with a tech rep at OFNA who confirmed for me that the older part number 10724 linkage kits came with the stud ball.

The newer stock part number 10724 kits DO NOT come with the stud ball.

He said to use Part Number 10292 as the replacement.

10292.jpg

Seem a bit long and don't need five.
Thanks for this part #!

After getting all of the parts together, I found out that the Ofna part # 17103 is way to large, plus the Ofna HD servo horn don't fit my Hitec clone servo. So now I still have to find the ball studs & a servo horn.:(

can you possibly post some pics of what ya have, the servo horn outta have some adaptors with it to fit most all servos, as for those little balls for the linkage, luckily I had some of them but you can still get them from most hobby shops. ask and maybe someone will have a couple you can get off them.....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Radio-Contr..._rvr_id=733019439706&_nkw=17103&;toolid=10001
either that or just get these they will work fine

The servo that I have is a Tower TS 170 which is a Hitec clone, none of the adapters fit it, but a metal Hitec servo horn fits fine. As for the ball studs, the 6.8mm is too large. I believe that a 4.8mm is the size

Not sure on the size you may be right there, I had a couple in my spares bin and used them.. I think they were for steering linkage on my old 1/12 pan car actually..... maybe look at some of the small heli parts they use balls such as these on some of their linkage setups.....

I notice no return spring on the carb in the pics is it not required?

Latest posts

Members online

Back