frddyj's brushless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Tork motor is much bigger than you'd think

sealed up the edges on the c/f; only reason i did is because i like how it looks, doesnt add any strength or anything (not that you'd need it) besides, it is simple to do and took about 15 minutes to complete all the c/f i bought.

Last edited by a moderator:
sealed up the edges on the c/f; only reason i did is because i like how it looks, doesnt add any strength or anything (not that you'd need it) besides, it is simple to do and took about 15 minutes to complete all the c/f i bought.

Sealing the edges helps prevent delamination and stress cracking, which carbon fiber is somewhat prone to. It's a good idea not just for aesthetic reasons.

The Tork motor is much bigger than you'd think
http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu295/frddyj/hpisf threads/DSC_0208-1.jpg
http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu295/frddyj/hpisf threads/DSC_0207-1.jpg

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu295/frddyj/hpisf threads/DSC_0211-1.jpg
http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu295/frddyj/hpisf threads/DSC_0209-1.jpg

Nice job there frddy..I like how that looks!!!:jamout:

dry fit: motor plate, tvp's, tranny, battery box mounts

gonna take it apart tomm & seal a couple more edges & order some washers for the screws that mount the tvps, lhs dint have any.

OH SNAP! that makes me so jealous. PRC FTW. i cant wait till i can pull the trigger and do a build like this (or exactly like this cause you hit the nail on the head here bud) MAD RESPECT to this project. i cant wait to see it. bobang

Man I love that PRC Carbon Fiber Chassis about as much as I love that counter Top, LOL.

Looks good man keep the picts coming. I love to see your builds.

hey guys, thanks for lookin & i appreciate the kind words.

i just ordered shock stand-offs, parts to convert the tranny, castle-link, and a few other odds -n- ends.

should be closing the deal on the ESC this week & that just leaves a servo & lipos to buy...

well, unless i buy the lipos and steal a servo from my nitro savage which i really don't want to to, hmmm.

btw- where do we stand on price?

1. Hotbodies D8 shocks........................................ $50.00 shipped (e-bay)
2. XL diffs, dogbones & Axle Cups.......................... $70.00 shipped (soulja55)
3. GH Alloy bulks................................................... $40.00 shipped (AllanQ)
4. HPI Tork 2200kV............................................... $86.25 shipped (e-bay)
5. Complete hpi 44t spur/slipper............................. $13.74 shipped (e-bay)
6.dirt bonz/proline dish/ofna yellos ......................... $50.00 shipped
7. 44t idler gear, HD tranny gear, 2 drive cups,
./...& HPI 20t pinion ................................................$ 32.00 shipped (tcs crawlers)
8. All Carbon Fiber in above pic............................... $279.60 (including the Wing Stay)
9. steering servo.....................................................$99.00 Ace DS 1015
10. HPI Blur esc...................................................... $90.00 shipped (B/A scored it e-bay brandy n.i.b.)
11. Hotbodies shock stand offs (4).......................... $ 13.08 shipped on the bay.
12. Castle Link......................................................... $ 24.99 shipped (tcs crawlers)
13. Extended c/f prototype motorplate & rollbar....... $80 appx
14. 2 x Hellfire body mounts.................................... $10.00 shipped.
15. Batt Boxes......................................................... $20.00 shipped.
16. Receiver Box...................................................... $10.00 shipped
17. Body & Wing...................................................... $30.00 shipped

Total............................................. ........$1,008.66

1. did i spend more than i would have if i bought a stocker flux?
Yes

2. does this project have enough upgrades to substantiate the additional cost?
Thoughts?.

*** stay tuned for more pics **

I reckon you've saved frddy. new flux $630 + c/f $310 + bulks $40 + shocks $50 =$1030 just for that, plus odds & ends probably close to or over $1100. You'll come in well under a grand for the finished project (not including LiPo's). For a carbon fibre beast.

Can't wait to see how low it is going to be.
:peace:

i just picked up a pair of these http://www.spcracing.com/index.php?productID=103 along with another pair for my MERV since my zippy's puffed :poop:.

you paid 86 bucks for a tork ??!! that's a GREAT deal. what esc are you picking up the blur or the mamba ?

wow core, kinda hard to hate the price on those sweet packs!

imma use the blur caz it is already wired with the Y-harness for 2 packs & is wired with Dean's connector's.

one of my bro's hooked me up with a Blur, (brandy new-in-box) from an e-bay auction for $90.00 shipped to my door.

frddyi how long till this thing gets rolling? i cant wait to see this thing.
and don't worry you can always make nitro sounds with your mouth..lol
i love the sound of nitro!

frddyi how long till this thing gets rolling? i cant wait to see this thing.
and don't worry you can always make nitro sounds with your mouth..lol
i love the sound of nitro!

yeah, the wait is painful, i hope to get the ESC, shock stand offs, idler gear, castle-link, hd tranny gearing, flm cross-braces and a few other things by the end of the week so i can wrench the weekend.

then its just battery packs :crazy::crazy::crazy:

do you have any of it put together? don't hold out on us! we want to see it step by step..

Hows the build coming fred? any more progress? or still waiting. i love what your doing here, just hurry up.:smiliejam:

Nice work Freddy, clean build, love the cf as well, keep up the good work and love the picture work as well. +1buddy!

Latest posts

Members online

Back