Duc's quacky brushless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya the only thing i had to buy is the Traxx ESC mount thing. it works well.

well i got my new ESC from Castle, what great guys. seriously.
anyway, i uploaded my old settings and........ o my god. that old esc must have been messed up. this thing is totaly nuts now. with the street tires befor, it would not wheelie, now, even at full throttle it wants to fly, and always has a tire of the ground. here is a video i tried to shoot one handed showing the RSC spin it can do. when i get a camera man, ill show some more.

SO after lots of bashing and getting tired of taking apart my FLM junk bulks, I'm thinking of switching to GH bulks. they look tough and easy to work on. but my question is, what other parts will i need to go from FLM to GH stock style bulks? i never ran my savage with stock bulks or parts, i sent all that to the pope for that kids build. any help would rock if you know what else i will need to get!

i know i need the
Gh bulks
new control arm pins (Ti one are bent)
new RSC upper arm mounts

Durr........ sweet. as for the upper control arms, isnt there a sprue that has thous parts on it?

What did you not like about the FLM trans-forward kit? I just got one 2 months ago, and I love it - runs sweet, great balance... now you have me worried :)

Bob

o i LOVE the trans forward kit, I'm talking about bulks.

glad to hear the trucks still ripping ducky. we need some updates and photos as you switch over too! video of it wouldn't hurt either...

Well here she is! i replaced the FLM bulks with the stock Flux HP bulks. much lighter and i doubt (cross fingers) they will break screws like the FLM's did. since my RSC braces were cut for the FLM bulks i had to sim them out and POW! the stock cross braces worked wonders as spacers. i even used a second one to center the upper control arm with out using two of the little purple spacers.

100_1806.jpg

100_1807.jpg

I also took this time to install a sway bar kit. easy install and even just putting around (no cage so no bashing) it was a big improvement over no sway bar.

next on the list is a set of tower protectors and ESC cage. i plan to make them in TIG class when i get to Aluminum. lighter weight and will do just as well as the steel.

Now if i can find some carbon TVP's that will work with my electric set up.....

100_1808.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
could you revamp the front of the truck and put the esc inbetween the chassis, infront of the servo? that would be ideal and you would not need a cage at all (other then the stock one)

i might be able too, i have some ideas I'm kicking around. this bad boy loves to fly and hurt its self, so it needs all the help it can get :)

not a bad idea. i still have some ideas on chassis set up, might even make my own TVP's in metals class. see what i can think up.

here are a few pictures of the Aluminum rollcage i made today in TIG class. Its not super square but it will do its job!
100_1230.jpg

100_1229.jpg

100_1228.jpg

100_1227.jpg

100_1226.jpg

and it will fit perfect under the truck body when installed

not bad for scrap pieces.

So after finding out that my ESC fan was trash and replacing it (fan cycles on start up, then only when hot) i took the bad boy for a romp in the back yard area between my house and all the others on the block here on base. ESC fan works when hot, found that it takes a few full throttle runs to get it going but it works. and then ofcourse, everytime i fix something.. i crash it. hit the driver front tire full tilt in to the light poll behind my house. so the stats today are...

Fixed:
new roll cage
battery mount
ESC fan.

Broken
Left front bottom control arm
Big Bore shock shaft
sway bar mount
bent dog bone (but very minor, should be able to reuse)
bent control arm/bulk mount pin
possible bent outer drive

all in all, it was a good 20 min of fun!!!

one thing i will say, I'm glad i got the HPI truck body. makes the truck bounce and tumble and always (85% of the time) land on its wheels when its far away!

all fixed! and runs like a champ! i need to find some nice dirt hills around here so i can get some air....

all fixed! and runs like a champ! i need to find some nice dirt hills around here so i can get some air....

and repeat the carnage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After reading all 15 pages of this thread, i was super impressed with the quality of workmanship you put into this rig.

and repeat the carnage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After reading all 15 pages of this thread, i was super impressed with the quality of workmanship you put into this rig.

Thanks man. it has for SURE been a fun trip building this thing. finding the right combo of parts that works is the hard part. I'm glad i don't have the hard flextec titanium control arms. I'm sure worse damage would occur if you nailed something really solid.

i do plan on trying to video my next rampage in the dirt. i hear that in albuquerque there is a dirt track for RC's, so i might have to go check that out.

Latest posts

Members online

Back