Duc's quacky brushless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducman82

so i am now starting my BL build. i got a flux trans and gears one the way from ebay, and the truck is all apart on my work bench. id like to get the new HD diff gears that just came out... but I'm having a hard time finding them. i hope to get them befor i build it, but the HD sets i have now should be fine.

I'm starting this build with the FLM brushless Conversion set, a 2200 Mamba and ESC and a flux trans and gears. everything else i am taking from my other savage. this will be my first brushless car so it should be a learning experiance (charging lipos etc...)

i will keep you all posted as i get parts and will add pictures. any questions or comments just let me know

Last edited by a moderator:
I this a tranny forward ? Please host your bigger pics! them lil ones stink... cant even tell what I'm looking at

ya but he is all out. he should be hearing back from his warehouse this week.

are you still looking for a pack ? I know of a 5 S pack brand new I can get at almost cost. I cut down a tree for the LHS owner and he is pushing all hisstuff on me he cant sell now. He has it tagged 199.00 I can get it for 130. 00 think its a 4600 though. about 20 min run times

Last edited by a moderator:
HA now i figured it out! no more links to pictures for me!

003-2.jpg

love the recessed screws on that set! FLM hit the tranny forward out of the park. Shocked it was not more of a hit.

it does come with lots of little spacers and I'm not sure what they are for. i think its so you can space the battery side TVP out more for larger batterys. its should be a fun build. The link software for the Castle ESC is great. the tune options are all over the place.

yea I have read a few build threads on the flm forward. lots of lil parts that would be hard to guess. Does it come with directions?

I'm really diggin that. wouldnt expect much less from flm. can you enlarge the other pic also?'

here are all the parts of my truck on the bench. waiting for some bearings for my diffs befor she goes back together

004-2.jpg

and no directions at all. i had to search other forums for pictures so i could figure some things out.

I got my Flux trans and gears in the mail today, WOOT! so i mounted it up and this is what i have so far. I'm waiting on the diff gears, and my RSC kit. i think i got the mess right, the motor is just a little to the left of center. not much, but looks good. its "spins" freely, as well as a brushless lets you spin it.

002-6.jpg

001-6.jpg

003-5.jpg

004-5.jpg

alright, got some parts today. got my new diff gears, my wheelie bar, and this ........... MONSTER battery. seriously, i thought it was a bar of C4... it feels like one....( i was in the service and got to help some army dudes blow up rocks. we had nothing to do)

now i just need to find out how to MOUNT the thing....
001-7.jpg

002-8.jpg

004-6.jpg

I'm really liking this build. Can't wait to see it finished!

I really wish I would have went the FLM route instead of what I am doing really regreating it now... But killer build man!

alright, got some parts today. got my new diff gears, my wheelie bar, and this ........... MONSTER battery. seriously, i thought it was a bar of C4... it feels like one....( i was in the service and got to help some army dudes blow up rocks. we had nothing to do)

now i just need to find out how to MOUNT the thing....
002-8.jpg

Duc's will you put the 5S LiPo inside the the TVP? that is awesome. how much weight the 5S compared to 2 x 2S? I've seen this setup somewhere, but he use single 3S. cant wait to see it running :rock:

yes it will be right where you see it. it is prob around 1.5 pounds. its BIG

Alright. so the FLM Brushless Conversion kit comes with little spacers for us folks with massive battery packs. so i installed them and bingo she fits. gets REAL close to the motor, but i will fix that with some bracing. the brackets the come with the kit wont work with this fat pig, so ill have to make my own. but here she is, all coozy in her new home.

005-4.jpg

006-5.jpg

007-4.jpg

here is a picture of the spacers
008-2.jpg

and of them installed.
009-2.jpg

010-2.jpg

and tomorrow its diff building time.

Quack back at ya peeps,

unreal build duc. really like aht your doing. that FLM looks like a terrific package to get people converting. 5s should be sweet. one pack of greatness. Are you gonna be able to get a video up when your done?

i sure will. ill have the wife hold up the camera and take video. that way it does not get killed like some people who leave there camera on the ground.... :)

Latest posts

Members online

Back