Duc's quacky brushless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that is one HUGE battery there Duc!! The more I see of this build the more and more I like it..:peace:

he made me one that looks like this.
008-4.jpg

thats a seperate front "tower" protector. but, ill have to see that i can do to get this to work with my brushless build.. diffrent TVPs. etc.

wholly cage! don't overheat that BL system, think that pack is big when its not puffed and smoking,...

so what do you think of this ESC location? to exposed?

011-2.jpg

012-2.jpg

014-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

it will be under a Drum made cage so it should be ok. or can you think of any other spots to stick it?

i was going to mount it up front by the servo, but id need extensions for the battery, and motor wires. thoughts on that? then i would stick the RX next to the battery.

have you mounted the rear end yet to see how far it can go back (pac)

just enough room...

017.jpg

018.jpg

this is what i was talking about for the ESC..
019.jpg

SOOO close, only if i had little extensions...
020.jpg

you can add up to 5 inches I think. I was thinking about your pack not the mill/ecs wires

you can add up to 5 inches I think. I was thinking about your pack not the mill/ecs wires

yeah, i don't like how the side of your pack touches the shelf for the esc, you gotta get that outta there.

i think your on the rite tack with mounting the esc up front. try savageman's idea of turning your mid plate to move the servo up front. if not, make extensions for your mill to esc. imma make some for mine.

i need to check, but i think I'm going to build a bracket to "lift" the ESC above the battery. the cage i have, has more then enough room for it. ill also play with the in front esc idea. i just need to check cage clearance issues in the AM. thanks alot guys. I'm just glad i can get a good thread going.

thatll prob work. still don't know if i trust that expensive pack up against the tvp like that caz its gonna rub when you bash.

love that flm set up more & more.

id mount the esc up front, get an aftermarket tray to mount in the center of the rear so you can put foam padding around it like it is inside the flux tray. thats just m.o. tho. just don't wanna see the pack get damaged/puff/etc. :drunk:

ya, I'm going to see what i can find for some thin foam or something.

Just got off the phone with Castle Cust Service. They recommend that you don't extend the leads from ESC to Motor at all.

thats not a problem. i made a bracket to stick it above the battery. pics to follow after lunch

here is the esc mounted. all protected by the cage of drum! i mean doom!

here is the bracket
001-10.jpg

004-7.jpg

005-5.jpg

006-6.jpg

022.jpg

quack

for testing i have a set of stock HPI XL tires and rims. i have a set of badlands for when its fully ready

Members online

Back