What other hobbies do you enjoy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crash, you look really excited in that last picture. It's ok, I would crap my pants too! Are you going to get that monster mounted?

Thanks guys

120 lb sail fish

they are protected by govt. catch & release only

we caught 6 mia mia and had them cooked up 4 ways on shore

I ride alot more than I fish but, as you can see by the look on my
face I love the salt water fishn

100_0097.jpg
[/IMG]

Beautiful, simply beautiful Crash.

I love motorcycles, its my second love in life. My wife being the first or course lol..

I'm in the process of saving for the down payment for the Rocker-C...

One day..ohh yes one day!!!!
harley2008-03.jpg

I'll have to get you guys a picture of "dads" bike one of these days.

I love my Nitro cars, but.. My passion mainly lies in one thing. I build PC's, both for myself and friends. As a matter of fact this is my latest edition, rock on picasa lol

http://picasaweb.google.com/SteveOPatton/WolfdaleRig

She's running the newer .45nm process CPU from intel.. Hell, here's the specs..

.45nm Wolfdale Core 3.0Ghz Core2Duo GeminII cooler/2 110CFM 120mm silverstone fans
4gb 1066mhz Kingston HyperX DDR2
MSI 8800GTS (G92 GPU) 512mb Video (Soon to have a second for SLi)
Raptor X 10,000rpm Sata HDD (fast as all hell)
Blue LED/Blacklight UV's for lighting in the case, front is blue LED/green CCT (Cold Cathode Tube)

Once the price drops a little more on the 8800GTS, I'll be picking up my second one for this rig. Right now, the only games that actually need lower than max settings is Crysis and Oblivion. With a second GTS, I'll be able to run Crysis at 1680x1050 with every single goodie all the way up. :)

That said, lol, here's a list of my hobbies.. (in order from favorite to least favorite)

Going out with the family Always #1
PC's are the shizzle...
Nitro cars!!!!
My 2006 KFX400 (Love my quad man, love it)
Camping, FISHINGS!!! I love smallmouth fishing in local creeks and streams.
Shooting guns, a tainted love of mine eheh
And other various hobbies that a redneck like me would have. :)

Mine are riding the wave runner - like to take long trips up the winding rivers we have in the area, saltwater fishing, four wheeling and camping.

I like video games, fishing, riding bikes with my kids and listening to music. I also like to go out shooting. Not hunting. Just blowing stuff up.

Looks like an R1?:beforeme: I want one so bad!

Yes it is. 2005 R1 Raven. I was pretty lucky, I got it used with low mileage and the guy that owned it before me had done everything to it that I wanted. Lowered it 2 inches, painted the rims, took off all the stock blinkers and the brakes look amazing. He sold it because he had to have heart surgery and thus couldn't do anything that would cause his heart rate to rise. So lucky me.

I took all the stickers off because I like it better that way. I get asked what kind it is more often. Can't wait to finally get it paid off so I can spend more on my Savage.

I love spending time with my family, building gaming PC's & playing PC games, mountain biking, camping, water sking, snow sking (although i pretty much suck), ultimate frisbee, installing and tweeking my car stereo (my other money pit next to my savages), and fishing.

montauk.jpg

Caught these striped bass off of Montauk NY.

I spend much more on bowling than I do my savage that is for sure. I bowl two nights a week plus one or two tournaments a month. The good thing about bowling is that you win some of your money back, whereas the savage is a big black hole that just pays you in enjoyment. I also do woodworking in my dads shop when I come up with a project. Wood is really expensive as well. Why can't I have a cheap hobby?

I guess a another hobby of mine would be video editing and filming. I work on the side for a film company. No profit in it but I really enjoy it and so does everyone else I do it with. They just really like to drive there sleds and boats.
Here is a teaser from a video we just did:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBZtwQR3KWs

Another hobby would be jet boat racing. Again, when you win you may get enough money to pay for you trip out there. But you definitely aren't making a profit. You do it because you love it. Some of the big guys, not us, can blow $500 000 in 30 minutes blowing engines up.
Here is a video of that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hau3J9tJYEM

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-3QDAIPmAY&feature=user

I spend much more on bowling than I do my savage that is for sure. I bowl two nights a week plus one or two tournaments a month. The good thing about bowling is that you win some of your money back, whereas the savage is a big black hole that just pays you in enjoyment. I also do woodworking in my dads shop when I come up with a project. Wood is really expensive as well. Why can't I have a cheap hobby?

Tell me about it man! I don't have a single hobby that isn't cheap. I built this PC for $1700.00 and it's not even finished. My savage is just self explaining.... Fishing, poles, line, tackle.. ouch.. My wallet needs heart pills, that's for sure! :)

100_0097.jpg
[/IMG]

Crash when are you gonna get that scratch fixed on the 2 blue square?

Anyways nice bike crash I know you love it.

I play paintball, ride atv's, go camping and ride jetski's.

Jetski is a 2007 Kawasaki Ultra 250x.

Here is a few pics,
100_1864.jpg

100_1860.jpg

It is supercharged, intercooled, 250HP.

Sucks up the fuel also at around 2-3 hours max of ride time on a 20 gallon tank.

Oh well its speed makes up for it

Last edited by a moderator:
besides beating my savage to a bloody pulp i also fish A LOT and love to ride dirt bikes and work on them. and i live less than a mile from one of the best wheeling and dirt biking spots in Washington so i go wheeling with my brother and friends when I'm not riding my dirt bike

Woodworking is my first passion in the hobby category. Sorry, but R/C comes second. Like my table saw I count my Savage as part of my family. LOL

I enjoy cold beer, and riding atv's. Not at the same time! after riding of course.

Not to sound like everybody else, but I love to fish. Gas prices are killing that right now. I also have a 190 gal fish tank with African cichlids. I enjoy watching my fish as well as catching them.

my hobbies unfortunatly have not allowed me much time over the last 3 years to drive my savage, but I'm done playing hockey till next year and i have no summer training anymore, thank god...i used to skate/train over 300 days a year probably. i planned on playing college but kinda changed my mind after losing some interest...ill probably play next year though.

i also snowboard, and fricken love it......

and modding cars, no rice burners or v8s though lol...german engineering all the way..I'm pretty big into the vw/audi scene..

I'm very,very much into atvs, sport and racing...ive been 3 and 4 wheelers since i was 11..right now i have a honda 400ex that is ported and polished with a hotcams stage one cam, fmf pipe, k&n filter, big gun rev box and edelbrock carb, among various other drivetrain/suspension mods, its my 3rd baby! lol never sell it

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a pretty slick 400ex man. I have a buddy who has an 02 that's completely insane. I still beat him with my close to stock KFX400 tho :p

I've helped him with most of the mods, and they are as follows.

High rev box
2" extended lonestar swingarm and +2+2 front arms
11.3:1 high compression piston/rings from Pro X
Stage 2 hot cams, titanium valves and springs, with high end rockers
Tranny was regeared as well (he picked his own setup out)
K&N Filter/box
Dial-a-Jet jetting system
Full LRD exaust

My mods?

A skid plate and a DG RCM2 exaust system. Jetted to 132 :D

We still race them all the time in the woods. He just can't keep up, the bike is just too big. He'll burn me in the straight stretch and maybe a REALLY long hill. But when we're tearing up the woods, I'm always out in front :)

I love the 400EX, specially that style. They may be considered "Dinosaurs" now, but man, they ran STRONG and FOREVER. :) So easy to fix too :)

Shooting was my main interest before I discovered the Savage. Since then I haven't done much, which is just the way they like it over here........ too many do gooders !!
Same as that,haven't really been out this year.Used to go .177 target shooting & BB wars are always a good laugh.Played at an abandoned power station last year,was a LOT of fun:
SOTOWER.jpg

SOstair.jpg

SOMF.jpg

Pretty much into anything outdoors-mtb'ing & golf in particular.Pic of me missing the ball (i said i play,not quite a pro yet!!!)
golf080.jpg

Also enjoy filming/editing vids & taking photos.One of my favorite pics:

SUNSET.jpg

I will take pics of anything! :)

Latest posts

Members online

Back