What do you Drive everyday? REAL CAR!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bigger wheels are on the way. I have a set of Black 20s with chrome lips coming. Those are the stock wheels. I am also puttin the truck on air suspension by the end of the year :D I can never leave anything alone.

thereare some real good air suspension kits on the market now. they used to be very slow rising and dropping the car but nowadays if u get a big enuf tank, it can drop as fast as a juiced kit!!

the black wheels with chrome lips will look good, all black would be too much black on the truck imo. u ever been to the SEMA show??

thereare some real good air suspension kits on the market now. they used to be very slow rising and dropping the car but nowadays if u get a big enuf tank, it can drop as fast as a juiced kit!!

the black wheels with chrome lips will look good, all black would be too much black on the truck imo. u ever been to the SEMA show??

Nah you need like special invites to goto the show, I am not cool enough :( I will be going to the Philadelphia Auto Show this weekend though :getinmybelly:

take loadsa pics then!! i was at the autosport international show at the start of Jan, what a show!!!!! i always wanted to go to SEMA but i didnt realise u needed an invite to get in. oh well!!

Well i have to say my car has nothing on any of these! A Basic Ford Fiesta Mk3. Shes as slow as anything. the little 1.3 litre can only just get me to 105mph and that took over 2 miles to get there. 0-60 in an amazing 15.4 seconds!!!! but then this is what you get when you live in the uk. very small engines in very small cars! lol

DSC00164.jpg

excuse the snow its the only picture i have of the beast!

i drive a 2000 grand prix gtp supercharged. i am planning on putting a gps system in it in a month. i also have 2 sunvisor monitors in it and a flip down monitor in the back seat.

Well i have to say my car has nothing on any of these! A Basic Ford Fiesta Mk3. Shes as slow as anything. the little 1.3 litre can only just get me to 105mph and that took over 2 miles to get there. 0-60 in an amazing 15.4 seconds!!!! but then this is what you get when you live in the uk. very small engines in very small cars! lol

DSC00164.jpg

excuse the snow its the only picture i have of the beast!

I'm in the uk 2 bud, up in sunny scotland!LOL

This is a pic of my engine...
MAHLE_AudiRS61_cutaway_cmyk_300dpi.jpg

And this is my car..

P1010017.jpg

Oh.... Wait...

THIS is my engine:

P1010096.jpg

I'm modifying the engine shown below, got almost 23000$ spent on that engine... Waiting for new crank, and a set of custom pistons before it can be mounted in my car..

Going for a ultra responsive, non turbo "rally" style engine, with around 250 bhp @ above 10 000 rpm

P1000295.jpg

[hs] darkshine;19631 said:
10k rpm. you'll be lucky. :p
rip that out and drop a c20xe in.
that is the 2 litre, 16v engine, non ecotec, the ecotec, z20xe sucks!

Luck has nothing to do with it...

Years of experience tuning cars, and awesome parts has everything to do with it..

EVERYBODY has the C20XE engine, it's to common an engine to tune....
Throttlebodies alone on the c20xe means 200 bhp....

No, I fell in love with the C20NE....

So far:

2.2 litre balanced crankshaft, 1300$

Custom Wiseco pistons, with the gudgeon pin, moved closer to the top, to loose weight, they are also "oversized" in order to be machined down to fit the the shape of the combustion chambers, (Standard stroke & bore is 86mm x 86mm), 1290$

Total engine volume is 2.31 liter after changing the crank & pistons

Custom Crower extra lenght H-profile conrods: 1290$

Head has been processed by CNCheads.uk, Larger valves, ported and machined to mach the throttlebodies. 1980$

Dbilas Dynamics Throttlebodies, 1774$

Enem.se Custom Cam Shaft, to give propper lift & duration for my engine, 575$

Ajustable cam shaft pulley 208$

Dual valve springs, mechanical valve lifters, led bronze: valve guides, conrod & crank bearings, hight pressure, high volume oil pump, new oil cooler. 1044$

Block: Bored, mounted oil nozzles under the pistons to cool them down : 403$

Custom aluminum alternator & crank pulley, to reduce revs on the alternator , and replaces vulcanized standard crank pulley, which tends to tear apart at high revs. 354$

Ok, over to the fuel system:

Ajustable fuel pressure valve: 145$

Injectors: 812$

Engine Management from Electromotive: 2745$

Fuel Pump: 305$

broadband Lamdazond: 241$

Dual knock sensors (not standard on this engine): 193$

Headers: 790$

Lightened 5.6 kg flywheel, 564$

aluminum clutch plate, sintercluch, 1290$...

HM... lets see... did i forget something ?

I could mention the rest of the drive train ?

6 speed f-28 gearbox from Vauxhall\Opel Calibra Turbo, converted from 4x4 to fwd, 1090$ Quafe ATB diff, 1200$

Brakes: Front 306mmx22mm disks, 4 piston calipers, 970$
Rear: "standard" disks drilled & slashed: 260mm 620$

Suspension: Powerflex bushes, 241$, extra stiffening bars over the front and rear shock struts: 360$, Extra stiffening bar between the front wish arms: 690$, Yellow Koni ajustable shocks, front & rear.

Non standard Opel parts: Brake amplifyer taken from a Opel Senator 3.0i.
Front & rear suspension from Opel Kadett GSI 16v(c20XE).

And I don't wanna start on wheels and the body...

Oh.. forgot to mention the compression ratio has increased from 9.2-1 to 15-1

Last edited by a moderator:
waht flow rate injectors you running?
the f28 is a good box. a mate of mine is running one on his 250bhp corsa (opel nova??)
c20 xe in that, race cams, throttle bodies, internal work, plus nos. hoping to get a 100shot without frying the lump, as they killed the old one.

430ccm to make sure I get enough fuel....

20XE is almost cheating, double the amount of valves.... :p

The cnchead mod on my engine increased the airflow on the inlet by 24% and 22% on the exhaust...

Also, propper FWD bhp isnt that easy on a C20NE :p

Some pics:

Oil Cooler, pump & some high strength gaskets:
P1010051.jpg

Group A Headers:
P1000227.jpg

Race catalyst converter next to the standard:
P1000196.jpg

Lightened flywheel:
P1000163.jpg

Ajust cam shaft pulley & fuel pressure:
P1000159.jpg

Throttleboides:
P1000148.jpg

Custom Catch Tank:
DSCN1961.jpg

Cam Housing:
stream.jpg

Stiffening bar underneath the car:
73348042.jpg

The engine when it was in my old car:
P1000250.jpg

Click here to see Video

Click here to see Video

Last edited by a moderator:
[hs] darkshine;19675 said:
nice vids. good to see the engine up to temp. i have seen soooo many vids on streetfire, google ect of people ragging cold engines. my pet peeve!!!

On the 108 mph run, you might have noticed the engine temp was a bit high ??

Here is the reason:

Waterpump:

Hm.. the damned waterpump, only 6 months old was standing perfectly still, on a mildly tuned engine... :p

I think I'll might go electric this time around...

A few weeks from that movie, the engine started to boil after a few minutes of driving.. I had a local shop try to determine if it was the waterpump or the head gasket.. They, insisted on it being either the head or the gasket... But it was the damned waterpump...

Dude thats rough water in the nice truck. looks like it was funthough. I need to get my wheeler out I've got the itch bad and seen that don't help. Nice pics though.

heres my '78 Chevy K20 (4x4, 3 quarter ton) truck was an old farm truck, I picked up for $500, it has a 350, and a 4 speed, has a 3 inch lift with 33's on 10" wheels, as you may have guessed, my user name came from my truck,its my user name on other forums, and i couldn't think of anything else, heres a couple pics, I'll have video soon

when I got it
Chevy011.jpg

Chevy013.jpg

what it looks like now
gothough058.jpg

gothough059.jpg

pic031.jpg

Sorry for the posting confusion 78 K20....There is a safetly feature for this forum where new member's posts are moderated to deter spammers. It only lasts for a little bit(undetermined number).

1999 Jeep Cherokee in Steel Blue. Ill snap some pics for you. Still waiting to put on the lift and wheels and tires.

Latest posts

Members online

Back