The money we spend.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pope

I started this summer out with a bone stock savage 25 the hop-ups on it were breaks and an airfilter. By the end of the summer the only origanal things on the truck will be a motor mount and the trans. I can't believe how much money you can blow through on these. It is an addiction for sure and my winter project for my second truck is going to be even more insaine. I am going tomarrow to pick up some alum. sheet metal. I am going to custom make as much of that truck as possible just think that would be a blast. Will it still be a savage if the only thing hpi on it is bulkheads?

ya i've spent about $2000 dollars since last year on rc, wished i could right it off as a business expenses lmao maybe if i said it was upkeep on the company vehicle lol

you should talk to your tax guy. Put your name on the side and write it off as advertising.

Yeah, I do not even want to add up all the money I have sunk into the Savage. I saw a pic of te truck when I first got it, and can not believe the difference I have made to it in over a year.

i have probally spent close to 4000 dollars on a losi 8t 2.0, 2 race savages 1 savage xxl brushless, 1 puller, small block savage ,2 slashs, 1 crawler,1 tricked out savage flux.

oh and about 250 on fuel.

and about another 250 for all the lipos.

thats just for this year alone.

I stoped counting. Could have almost paid off my car for what I have spent this year on rc stuff. Well off to ebay to buy more.

i look at it like this... if the family is taken care of and i can still afford to mess around its all good. I never even looked to see how much this build was.. kinda scared to add it up.

yep i don't keep track either, but i can say this other then the shell and tires on the sidewinder i built that truck with no added funds just cut up an old 25 and put all the pieces in different places

I've bought 6 rc's this year. 2 savage xls, 1 revo, 1 losi, 1 hyper 8, 1 savage x. Have'nt added up the cost yet.

I'm more then able to spend whatever I want on this hobby, but, I try to keep it logical, at one point i had 4 RC's, I get involved in one and upgrade and tune and paint bodies, then i look over and the other 3 are sitting there being neglected.. so i decided to cut it down to only 2 Savages, one fullllly modified and the other slightly modified but mostly stock. This way I'm still able to run both of them and if a friend comes down we can run together, It wasnt logical for me to keep 4 RC's running modified the way they should be. I would like to get an electric so that way I can run it after hours and in public places without the death looks lol.. Vorza might be my answer since I'm lookin for a buggy, but in that case the slightly modified savage will be pulled apart for spares for the fully modified.

well if I add all the fence slats ,legs on the grill ,lawn chairs ,and batteries from the remotes ...I'm in there purdy deep myself lol

Definitely an expensive hobby. In my head “ohh I can grab this part for 30 bucks” then I look at my bank a week later and all 15 or those small items add up quickly. I say to myself I gotta stop, then it’s like. Ohh I have to get this part. I’m just back in the hobby after I couldn’t justify having them with 2 new little ones, but now it’s 10 years later and I’m playing catch up. I’m sure it will settle down soon as I’m ready to start rebuilding the trucks. I’m sure when they come apart their will always be the bearings here and there but I think the major stuff is out of the way....for now:)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back