1. Ask questions. Share your HPI Savage knowledge. Register TODAY!

Welcome to HPISavageForum, a friendly forum to discuss the Savage RC Truck.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The money we spend.

Discussion in 'HPI Savage' started by Pope, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Pope

Pope Well-Known Member

I started this summer out with a bone stock savage 25 the hop-ups on it were breaks and an airfilter. By the end of the summer the only origanal things on the truck will be a motor mount and the trans. I can't believe how much money you can blow through on these. It is an addiction for sure and my winter project for my second truck is going to be even more insaine. I am going tomarrow to pick up some alum. sheet metal. I am going to custom make as much of that truck as possible just think that would be a blast. Will it still be a savage if the only thing hpi on it is bulkheads?

2. Shaun

Shaun Well-Known Member

ya i've spent about $2000 dollars since last year on rc, wished i could right it off as a business expenses lmao maybe if i said it was upkeep on the company vehicle lol

3. Pope

Pope Well-Known Member

you should talk to your tax guy. Put your name on the side and write it off as advertising.

4. ryugaiden05

ryugaiden05 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I do not even want to add up all the money I have sunk into the Savage. I saw a pic of te truck when I first got it, and can not believe the difference I have made to it in over a year.

5. fluxinator

fluxinator Well-Known Member

Galveston/Houston, Texas or Istanbul, Turkey
    :stressed:i have had my XL for 7months now and i have already spend 500usd just buying replacement parts and and 300 just on fuel its a crazy expensive hobby.:stressed:

6. Pope

Pope Well-Known Member

how much stuff have you broken? and 10 gallons wow.

7. fluxinator

fluxinator Well-Known Member

Galveston/Houston, Texas or Istanbul, Turkey
    stuff is much more expensive in turkey and gas is 50usd for a gallon =)

8. Travis Mowery

i have probally spent close to 4000 dollars on a losi 8t 2.0, 2 race savages 1 savage xxl brushless, 1 puller, small block savage ,2 slashs, 1 crawler,1 tricked out savage flux.

oh and about 250 on fuel.

and about another 250 for all the lipos.

thats just for this year alone.

9. Pope

Pope Well-Known Member

I stoped counting. Could have almost paid off my car for what I have spent this year on rc stuff. Well off to ebay to buy more.

10. Grumpy1822

Grumpy1822 Savage Owner

I probably have around 15k in my collection. Yes it makes me ill to think about it.

11. Hypnotiq

Hypnotiq I - AM - HYPNOTIQ

i look at it like this... if the family is taken care of and i can still afford to mess around its all good. I never even looked to see how much this build was.. kinda scared to add it up.

12. MikeK1981

MikeK1981 ChondroManiac

I recomend not adding it up. Ignorance is bliss LOL.

13. Pope

Pope Well-Known Member

Yes it is.

14. Mickey

Mickey just me

yep i don't keep track either, but i can say this other then the shell and tires on the sidewinder i built that truck with no added funds just cut up an old 25 and put all the pieces in different places

15. modified

modified Well-Known Member

I've bought 6 rc's this year. 2 savage xls, 1 revo, 1 losi, 1 hyper 8, 1 savage x. Have'nt added up the cost yet.

16. M0rphin3

M0rphin3 Well-Known Member

I'm more then able to spend whatever I want on this hobby, but, I try to keep it logical, at one point i had 4 RC's, I get involved in one and upgrade and tune and paint bodies, then i look over and the other 3 are sitting there being neglected.. so i decided to cut it down to only 2 Savages, one fullllly modified and the other slightly modified but mostly stock. This way I'm still able to run both of them and if a friend comes down we can run together, It wasnt logical for me to keep 4 RC's running modified the way they should be. I would like to get an electric so that way I can run it after hours and in public places without the death looks lol.. Vorza might be my answer since I'm lookin for a buggy, but in that case the slightly modified savage will be pulled apart for spares for the fully modified.

17. double a

double a Well-Known Member

well if I add all the fence slats ,legs on the grill ,lawn chairs ,and batteries from the remotes ...I'm in there purdy deep myself lol

18. Avguy1124

Avguy1124 Member

Definitely an expensive hobby. In my head “ohh I can grab this part for 30 bucks” then I look at my bank a week later and all 15 or those small items add up quickly. I say to myself I gotta stop, then it’s like. Ohh I have to get this part. I’m just back in the hobby after I couldn’t justify having them with 2 new little ones, but now it’s 10 years later and I’m playing catch up. I’m sure it will settle down soon as I’m ready to start rebuilding the trucks. I’m sure when they come apart their will always be the bearings here and there but I think the major stuff is out of the way....for now:)