Texas Bash Session In Feb!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we're booked!! i am going to bring the family, we are going to an aquarium on sunday before we head home :)

so who all is going?
we probly need to pass out some phone #'s

The Aquarium in downtown Houston? It's quite expensive. Hope you have fun.

Ok, here is the weather forecast for Katy, TX from both Yahoo.com and Weather.com:

From Yahoo.com

TomorrowSatSunMon6-10 DayMostly Cloudy/Wind
Mostly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy/Wind
Sunny
Mostly Sunny
Extended ForecastHigh: 80° Low: 65°
High: 82° Low: 55°
High: 64° Low: 40°
High: 64° Low: 39°
High: 71° Low: 51°

Get Alerts: Mobile Email Snowfall Alerts Weather Bulletins

From Weather.com

Fri
Feb 27

28.gif

Mostly Cloudy

82° 55° 10%

Sat
Feb 28

24.gif

Partly Cloudy / Wind

64° 40° 10%

Sun
Mar 1

32.gif

Sunny

64° 39° 0%

From National Weather Center

Saturday

wind.jpg

Windy

Hi 64°F
Saturday
Night

nfew.jpg

Mostly
Clear
Lo 37°F
Sunday

few.jpg

Sunny

Hi 60°F
Sunday
Night

nfew.jpg

Mostly
Clear
Lo 39°F

Okay, since we changed the venue to Katy, TX, I found a couple of hotels near by for anyone whose interested :)

Holiday Inn Express
HOUSTON-I-10 W (KATY AREA)
22105 KATY FREEWAY
KATY, TX 77450 UNITED STATES
$113 - $169

Just across the freeway (I-10) from the bashing place:

http://www.hiexpress.com/h/d/ex/1/e...start=11&crUrl=/h/d/ex/1/en/availsearch&ias=y

Candlewood Suites - Houston West Park Row (NEW)
19998 Park Row Dr
Katy, TX, 77449
866-539-8430
$69.00 - $134.00

What it looks like:
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cw/1/en/hotel/houaf

Less than 4 miles or 10 minutes from the bashing place:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Kat...77449&2c=Katy&2s=TX&2a=1350+N.+Mason&2z=77449

Address of the bashing place:
New Hope Presbyterian Church
1350 N. Mason
Katy, TX 77449
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&u...p6W_BQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image

Direction to the bashing place coming from San Antonio:

Take I-10 East towards Houston, exit Mason Road (after Grand Parkway). If you see Fry Road, you went too far! Turn left under I-10 onto Mason Road going north. Take the first right into the church parking lot. Driving towards the southeast corner of the parking lot and follow the dirt road along the ditch towards the trees and sandhills. There you have it! :resp:

Candlewood Suites looks like a nice place, cheaper (internet advanced rate) and new. If you are going to the Candlewood Suites from I-10 West, exit Fry Road. Turn left and go under I-10 and continue going north on Fry Road. Turn left on Park Row Dr., Candlewood Suites is on the right :p :) :resp:

Last edited by a moderator:
290 is west Houston. Your closest there will be Randy's on 249. *

doh..bad thing is i was looking at the map right before i typed that. must have been all the excitement :)

thanks whip

The Aquarium in downtown Houston? It's quite expensive. Hope you have fun.

i think so. i beleive it was $15, my wife looked it up. the kids are going to love it!

One Day And Counting!

Hey guys and gals....I think we all need to wear bright colors so we catch the eyes attention when running...don't want to take anyone out again!

Thinking Bankrupter Orange....lol!

tick tock guys. Less than 24 hours and we'll be shredding the place.

Tomorrow looks a little windy, but the weather looks great!! High in the 60's. Perfect bashing weather.

See ya there!

Got all my batteries charged up tools all packed up, ran my trucks to make sure they are good to go, just gotta pack the car in the morning and head out to Katy..

One Day And Counting!

Hey guys and gals....I think we all need to wear bright colors so we catch the eyes attention when running...don't want to take anyone out again!

Thinking Bankrupter Orange....lol!

hmmm... not sure I have anything bright. Everyone just don't take me out! :p :)

]-[0pa]0ng;103499 said:
I'd like to thank Twink for going out of her way in providing all this info links directions. Twink did all the hard work and Sunk just messin around with the baja.

TTYS
Peace

hehehe, thanks :)

]-[0pa]0ng;103500 said:
Keep in mind WE have to have a group pick 1st thing with all RC's and everyone. Then we will get another one Sunday towards the end and see what's still running. Sound good folks. Sorry for all the back to back post.

I am not apologizng for back to back posts! :p :D :)

Yep, just got finished up on the trucks myself. (Blew out the kiddo's servo today on his Slash. Made it to the hobby shop before they closed.)

All good to go. See you guys and gals tomorrow.

My son and I had a great time... despite the 20 mph wind and dust storms. The location was great. As usual, we ran our trucks hard, but didn't break a single thing. We won't make it back tomorrow, but look forward to the next "gathering".

I didn't get any action shots. I typically get those when I'm down due to breakage, but we just kept putting fuel in and running.

This is the group photo (without owners). Hopefully someone else will post it.

080228_MasonRd2.jpg

080228_MasonRd1.jpg

080228_MasonRd3.jpg

These are our 3... Red: Mine, Blue: son's, the one on the ground is the spare.

080228_MasonRd4.jpg

Great place and great day of bashing. Thanks all for feeding me parts to keep me running today. Will have some pics soon.

Great place and great day of bashing. Thanks all for feeding me parts to keep me running today. Will have some pics soon.

Spare parts.... I never attend a session without them (them = my duffle bag of spare parts...). Glad I could help.

Jon.

Members online

Back