Sway bar set and parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andym2010

Hi Guys,

Got an old savage that handles like a barge. I want to put the sway bar set on, but I think I've got old school bulkheads.
Can you advise on what I'd need to replace to be able to fit them?
I'd happily consider hop up parts (alloy) if that would be better overall.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Sway / anti-roll bars don't miraculously improve handling on their own, it's the relatively high centre of gravity which is the major reason. Lower the ride height by putting about 1/2 inch of fuel tubing on the shock shaft inside the shock. You will have to remove shock oil and shock end, try a different weight shock oil at same time. The arms on the older Savages wont have a hole for securing the sway bar link, so better getting the newer plastic arms, I would stay away from aluminium, plastic flexes.

Ok, I'll try that with the shocks.
The part where the sway bars mount centrally, where do they actually attach? I've not found the diagrams from hpi instructions very helpful!

Looks like HPI sells the mount set separately HERE. Full sway bar set HERE.

And here is a picture showing the central mounting.

ScreenHunter 60.jpg

If you don’t want to buy the new bulkheads and have big bore shocks you can buy two packs of these https://rc4me.us/product/hpi87058/ to add inside the shock shaft then buy https://rc4me.us/product/hpi6561/ as an extra spring on top should be around the same height but without all the droop drastically improving your handling

I don’t even run sway bars anymore since doing this

See now not getting sway bars until Jan 16th at earliest! ??
When I emailed HPI, to be fair they replied back next day with response!

Until an item is on the water we can only give our account holders estimated delivery dates. We apologise if we miss these dates but always try our best to be accurate.

These items from Taiwan have been unavailable for a long time. Unfortunately, a lot of the original Savage optional parts including the Savage Sway Bar set were affected by a supply chain issue that occurred quite some time before Vestergaard bought HPI Racing.

These issues are largely down to the closures of sub suppliers or external manufacturers, which are circumstances outside of HPI’s control at the time.

A major RC factory in Taiwan closed down in the wake of Hobbico’s financial collapse, leaving a lot of financial problems all down that factories supply chain. It is a very complicated picture we and previous HPI Racing owners has been trying to solve/work around since it happened, only ever achieving sporadic supply of limited spare parts. It affected chassis made at this factory including the Baja, Blitz, Firestorm, RS4 Nitro 3 and Sprint 2. However, We are still working very hard with the remaining sub suppliers to be able to supply spare parts for these cars for our customers.

We feel we are very close to being able to resume a high percentage of spare parts and optional parts from these original sub-suppliers.

We are currently trying to schedule the first deliveries of spares and options. When dealing with 60 plus suppliers for the first time, the logistics and QC are taking longer than we would like. You can be sure that once these parts start flowing, the logistics will improve.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

It is possible to make your own sway bars using piano wire and 2nd hand linkages, screws and cup washers in existng holes to retain bar. Just cut and bend wire to length/shape. 2.5mm piano wire on ebay.

Appreciate your input lokky, thinking I have not got skills or time to get/make them fit correct & will just wait for them thanks!??

Hi All, I am new and this if my first post. I am in the process of buying a Savage XL Flux. I am currently getting some parts for it before I buy one. One main part was the sway bar this is almost impossible to find or at ridiculous prices on eBay. I was able to get all the parts for the sway buy by buying a sway bar kit for the Savage XS which contained some curial items. I did my research and I think I am getting all the parts in. Below is what I bought.
The savage Kit includes 8 part numbers. you can see it on HPI website:
Standard Parts for #102538 - HPI Racing

All from ebay
1) HPI SAVAGE XS SWAY BAR KIT 106731 price: $21.84. This kit contains part numbers: 8652, A133, Z2700, Z705

2)HPI 2.0mm 2.4mm Sway Bar Savage X Flux 2 Pairs 103895 price: 14.99
3) HPI Z567 TP Binder Head Screw M3x10 price; $6.00
4) HPI Z520 Racing Binder Head Screw M3x18mm Savage price: $6.00
5) R/C Model HPI Racing #102520 SWAY BAR MOUNT SAVAGE FLUX HP/SAVAGE XL Spare price: $13.00 (ebay but item shipped from Japan)

I think this makes a complete sway bar kit.

I spent a total of $61.83. This is much for the parts but it is almost impossible to find a sway bar kit.

I hope this helps

I'am still holding out that HPI will deliver on the 16th Jan for original sway bar set, to cold in UK outside to want to use savage till April anyhow! ??

Hi All, I am new and this if my first post. I am in the process of buying a Savage XL Flux. I am currently getting some parts for it before I buy one. One main part was the sway bar this is almost impossible to find or at ridiculous prices on eBay. I was able to get all the parts for the sway buy by buying a sway bar kit for the Savage XS which contained some curial items. I did my research and I think I am getting all the parts in. Below is what I bought.
The savage Kit includes 8 part numbers. you can see it on HPI website:
Standard Parts for #102538 - HPI Racing

All from ebay
1) HPI SAVAGE XS SWAY BAR KIT 106731 price: $21.84. This kit contains part numbers: 8652, A133, Z2700, Z705

2)HPI 2.0mm 2.4mm Sway Bar Savage X Flux 2 Pairs 103895 price: 14.99
3) HPI Z567 TP Binder Head Screw M3x10 price; $6.00
4) HPI Z520 Racing Binder Head Screw M3x18mm Savage price: $6.00
5) R/C Model HPI Racing #102520 SWAY BAR MOUNT SAVAGE FLUX HP/SAVAGE XL Spare price: $13.00 (ebay but item shipped from Japan)

I think this makes a complete sway bar kit.

I spent a total of $61.83. This is much for the parts but it is almost impossible to find a sway bar kit.

I hope this helps
why go thru this craze to get a sway bar? it's a monster truck and it handles very well, I think the sway bar is extremely over priced for the little benefit you will get. Soften the suspension if the truck is not taking the turns well.

Finally after placing order for these sway bars last September & being put back looks like they have arrived in country with other HPI parts, praise the lord! 👍🏻

Have you installed them and tried different thickness bars? Was it worth the wait?

Wheel spin have had quite a lot come through from HPI of weeks gone by including painted & unpainted body shells so fingers crossed they are now finally able to keep a constant supply chain going! 🙏🏻

Had the original savage 21 which over last summer updated to newer easy access bulk heads/shock towers, front/rear savage x bumpers cheaper version of RC4ME aluminium shocks & Fastrax 1.8 MT jigsaw tyres/wheels! 👍🏻

Sounds like it’s a nice truck 👍🏻 Ive got the 2011 savage x4.6 things a beast need to get the wheelie bar next after the sway bars arrive… 🤞🏻Next week at some point keep me posted on when you receive your swaybars

Oh yes forgot wheelie bar that was the first thing I got, lol!
Yes will do although looking at my wheel spin account it’s saying order is cancelled, have emailed them asking what that’s all about!

Attachments

• E2B62D48-DE87-48AE-AB48-4B656AF4A410.jpeg
    E2B62D48-DE87-48AE-AB48-4B656AF4A410.jpeg
    343.5 KB · Views: 6
Nice truck my says pending what ever that means

Attachments

• 222EC67B-CE99-4349-A91A-CBA6E47C6411.jpeg
    222EC67B-CE99-4349-A91A-CBA6E47C6411.jpeg
    545.7 KB · Views: 5
Thanks & yours would look so much better with wheelie bar, lol!
Pending meaning awaiting stock from distributor I would imagine!👍🏻

Any news on why they cancelled your order?

Hi yes all good they cancelled existing order & processed a new order as I added HPI no5 glow plug onto it, thought I would try these out as not really wanting to pay over £10 now for my usual OS no8 plugs that’s stupid money! 👍🏻

Been using os no8 in my current Force Hongnor .28 engine but see the price jump up when back in stock so thought I would try HPI! 👍🏻

Looks very likely another Christmas these won’t be under my tree!💩👎🏻

Unfortunately, the cars and parts manufactured in Taiwan, including the unique optional parts for the Savage, were affected by a supply chain issue that occurred quite some time before Vestergaard bought HPI Racing.

These issues are largely down to the closures of sub suppliers or external manufacturers, which are circumstances outside of HPI’s control at the time.

A major RC factory in Taiwan closed down in the wake of a large US based Hobby wholesalers financial collapse in 2016, leaving a lot of tooling missing and financial problems all down that factories supply chain.

It is a very complicated picture we have inherited from previous HPI Racing owners and have been trying to solve/work around.

We are still working very hard with these sub suppliers to be able to supply spare parts for cars effected for our customers and feel we are very close to turning a corner to be able to supply some of these parts again.

We are working to get over 600 older problem spare parts available again as soon as we can. A lot of which has been out of production for some time.

The Sway bar set is still on our priority list of items we feel we can bring back. The current estimated completion date from the factory involved with this part is late Oct/early Nov if there are no further delays.

Current worldwide logistical issues mean securing shipping containers is still a constant problem, we do not currently have a confirmed ship date yet.

Please know we are working very hard to get all these problem parts available again as soon as possible and thank you for your patience.

The www.hpiracing.com website is the best resource for our up to the minute catalogue. Each individual parts webpage will say if that item is discontinued or not. We are updating this all the time.

If the item is listed as discontinued then we have no stock left and we have been unable to resolve the supply issues with it and it is no longer available from us.

Kind regards,

Latest posts

Members online

Back