Soulja's Baja SS Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sunk..... i didnt run it with the proline tires last night. i was using the stock ones because the proline are so damn high. stock tires are a dime a dozen......so that's the only reason. i will try those on the dirt this weekend!! will let u know!

does anyone have any suggestions on whick rear tire to use for the buggy....i have eaten the stock tires up already in only four runs!!!!!! HEEEEEEEEELLLLPPPPPPPP!

those mx hostiles are the ones that the guy in our hobby shop showed me!! i like them because of the large lugs. i think i am gonna get a set of those!!

DO IT SQUIRREL!!!!!! it's so much fun and so little up keep (besides keeping it clean!!!!!) i see right now the next item i am getting are the Baja skins....looks like they are worth their weight in how they keep it clean. i am seriously debating on this.............
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=1437

hop & sunk....tell me what u think about that!!!!

DO IT SQUIRREL!!!!!! it's so much fun and so little up keep (besides keeping it clean!!!!!) i see right now the next item i am getting are the Baja skins....looks like they are worth their weight in how they keep it clean. i am seriously debating on this.............
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=1437

hop & sunk....tell me what u think about that!!!!

hmmm never heard anything about it.. no clue really...

well evidently u haven't driven the 25+lb baja. dude...there's not too much that can stop the damn thing! it goes places my savage couldn't.......i took it in the field yesterday and plowed over some corn rows.......a savage could do that without flipping. no too much to stop a baja.........

cool. i will have to look into some meaty tires for mudding. you guys defiantly have me psyched. would you recommend finding one on eBay or buying new? i noticed when i bought my savage i replaced so much i could have built it from the ground up for less

i didnt want to buy a used one.....i bought mine new and only added a few upgrades. they are bulletproof seems like after u protect the trash from getting everything. i would just strongly suggest all outwears, tr rear shock tower, and a pipe.....the other mods i did were either bling bling or me getting carried away! the outer wears are worth their weight in gold. one thing i am going to buy that is a must have for me are the baja skins.... i got so much grass and corn straw up in the chassis that i think i need them for where i run.

TR clutch system. Cost 2 bills but limits a few other pieces, incloses the clutch completely. Helps keep the spur and pinion in line as well.

TR diff housing real important. Stay stock on the clutch 8000 rpm. HD beadlocks or the Silver back beadlocks. Getting great reviews $15 set.

Yes there are other important upgrades to consider. HD pinion from TR. When you want to change out a certain part ask and see where it goes. Save you money in long run.

Yea keeping the grass out is the biggest pain in the butt....

Almost forgot. Using a screen on the bottom of the engine will help save the fan blades. Keep stuff out and save you from replacing it. Slammer damns are like $15 bucksit's a wrap and protects your engine. You all always need to clean the bottom and keep the debris away as much as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
]-[0pa]0ng;106207 said:
Almost forgot. Using a screen on the bottom of the engine will help save the fan blades. Keep stuff out and save you from replacing it. Slammer damns are like $15 bucks that are a wrap and protect your engine. You all always need to clean the bottom and keep the debris away as much as possible.
hey dudes...check this out!!!!! a gentleman on the hpibajaforum saw my truck and put it on the front page of his website!!! check it out...........man that's awesome!!! here is the link....

http://web.me.com/aaroncito/club_baja/Welcome.html

Looks good my man. It's different look to it than most.

As they would say in the UK Cheers Mate - :beer:

put the yamahadude throttle linkage on.......drive it this weekend. works pretty good now...at least now i have brakes and i didn't at first.....pretty cool! so far so good...no damaged linkages or bent rods or anything like that. it is a cool mod...but i think i can make the thing next time for less than the $37 it took to get it there.....will keep you all updated

well...... to be straight up and honest. i had never had brakes on this this the first three times i ran it....but i was on an open area. when i first opened the box from DDM i thought.....where 's the reast of this thing. upon looking at my baja to get ready to install the thing i noticed that the aggravating little clip that holds on to the card was off.....don't know how the darm thing didn't get caught open and stay there. the Yamahadude linkage bolts to the carb and should hold with loctite....so .........+1. a fellow HPISF member has had problems the throttle and brake rod. I haven't yet....but i'll keep you posted. the link cable stops are a funny size ...nothing in my darn tool box fit the damn things.....so i had to adjust the centering on myh servo and i was NOT a happy camper....so -1 on that one. i have been trying to FIND something more standard in the tool box that would work...and i remembered i ordered an ofna linkage kit and were going to use those purple ones. but......it's been almost 2 weeks and still can't find nothing to get the dam things off. the brake can be easily adjusted now with this mod.......i have brakes...but i have to set them up. i also didn't like the fact that i had to cut my choke lever.......-1 on that. however the linkage works okay. if i had thought about it before i bought this one..... i would've come up with the a new carb mount myself and adjusted the brakes. is it a good mod.......well........it's okay. i don't think that little package was worth $37 of my hard earned money! i personally would just try to com up with a better way to mount the stock linkage to the carb. i will post pictures tomorrow for you brian... it my bedtime!!

well...haven't driven this thing in a LONG time...so she's on ebay....not tnough time or space for her....plus my son and savage takes up all my time now.......hate to take the great loss...but anyway...............

this is my only one and i like it fine....but a baja is for someone with a lot of space to run on.....something i don't have.......and on top of that my neighbors will be glad it's gone!!!! i just gonna get a couple more savages and pay some bills

You'll get that for your truck,easy. It's hard to find a good truck more less than a great runnin truck like yours. All I hear is so much bias garbage it's not even funny. Like people saying running a baja is cheaper, that's a classic or it'll cost less to run, whatever... Never do they talk about the amount of room you need to run. They are a blast to run however. I'm lucky to have a place to run where I live. I guess what I'm getting at is I wish people would be more honest not saying they are not, just that there is a bias side to there honesty. Don't ever compare a baja to a nitro and say it's more cost effective cause nitro cost so much.

On the other hand my last part shipped out today for the baja, can't wait to get it going again. Did fire up the basher savage all I will say it was good feeling to see it running.

Your truck is way nice just hope it goes to someone who will enjoy it.

Good luck again

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back