Soulja's Baja SS Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i really would like to hear your input

Last edited by a moderator:
I ditched my shock covers for a set of bad horse covers. just bought them. Your yellow ones look great. That body is wickedly huge. Nice to see your into the baja scene. Could you create a list of hopups you have added and plan on doing?

Have fun.

no problem Hop!!
so far i have Badhorsie orange shock covers, DDM rear chrome dominator pipe, Outerwears on air filter and pull starter, Veritgo rear wheel spacers, Futaba s3305 throttle/brake servo, Proline desrt rat conversion, Proline Desperado chrome wheels & Escavator tires, Turtle racing shock mount (on the way but not installed), DDM skull gas cap, RPM Dirty Dangler (chrome), Fast Eddie steering shim kit (WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!), Fast Eddie complete shim kit (for wheels and clutchbell...makes it a no slop setup....haven't ran the truck but can very well see its worth!!!!!!), TGN Redneck air filter, HPI aluminum clutchbell holder (i didn't trust that plastic one on such a large engine)...that's all i have done to it right now. i want a Trevor Simpson motor like you had....heehehehehe......trying to make the truck more dependable and bulletproof before i buy that. i am going on line to look for more items that i need.......looking at the way the baja spins on that dungeon dirt...it seems almost a necessity to buy a HPI Drift box so i can stay more in the throtte...looking like last year they were a little hard to keep straight when they were taking off. here are some new day pics

Picture054.jpg

Picture055.jpg

Picture057.jpg

Picture059.jpg

Picture060.jpg

Picture061.jpg

Picture062.jpg

Picture064.jpg

Picture065.jpg

finalpics of the truck with the FINISHED body....what racer would be a racer without numbers????

Picture066.jpg

Picture067.jpg

Tonight As Soon As I Get Off Work!!!!!

Man thats a sweet lookin lid you have there soulja..+rep for you bud..:resp:

thanks scott....i appreciate that....about to see how it runs tonight.....

anyone running above 25:1 oil ratio??? about to break it in tomorrow...let me know

Looks great. One hop up you might want to add is the linkage upgrade. A guy by the name of "Yamadude" at HPIBajaforums makesthem. You pick the color. Pretty similar to doing a Ofna mod to the savage. Big improvement in braking.

thanks grumpy....i am looking into it right now!

Looking awesome my Friend. Would of Should of, stupid is as stupid does, I want the TS back,lol. I just bought the Worx front bumper for the nose dives I was doing. Sent my modded ESP 27 back to ESP to upgrade it to a 30.5 modded. I'll be down for 2 weeks waiting for my engine. Waiting on the Hostiles med. Zero foams. I have all of Hostiles tires now. Anyways beginning to really like that body. I've been pretty partial to the original body type. Oh and the Yam linkage would not fit a TS. John tried. Will be installing it on the ESP engine. It's real nice setup.

I'm running Klotz at 32:1...

Speaking of oil. I see on the baja forum someone is running Amsoil pro. Just leary of changing out from Klotz to something else. Does it really matter? Amsoil is some of the best oil around. It's all I run in my Dodge hemi. I still don't get the whole ratio thery either

funny you mentioned that Hop.... i have just received in stock today Royal Purple High Performance TCWIII oil. all i run in my Silverado are Royal Purple products....i love what they did for my Silverado for gas mileage and power. just by changing my oil in my 4.8 took me from 23 to 26 mpg hwy and 16 to 18 city. here is the link to the royal purple oil... i stock it and i am gonna try it...see how it is

http://www.royalpurple.com/2-cycle-racing-oil-mc.html
click on tech info...then click on product sheet

makes a lot of sense seeing what it did for my chevy

has anyone tried Cam2 as a fuel?? (110 octane)

I think that octane is too high. It wont be able to burn it. My outboard will miss with 93 oct. OMC reccomends 87 with their oil. I run 87 in my Baja as well.

i run 93 octane, if you swap out the head gasket for a thinner one you can run that octane...

When you say swap out - Exactly what do you mean? There are quite a few different sizes. If I read correctly go to thin thats bad go to big and that also causes issues.

]-[0pa]0ng;105327 said:
When you say swap out - Exactly what do you mean? There are quite a few different sizes. If I read correctly go to thin thats bad go to big and that also causes issues.

if you are running copper head gaskets, their is quite a few different sizes. 0.20" is the stock thickness.. using a thinner gasket will raise the compresion of the motor so you can run higher octane fuel.. or you can run thicker for stroker cranks... I don't know if its good or bad for your engines. But its the cheapest way to get more power out of a stock engine..

Ive been running 93 octane Shell gasoline from the start with no problems using stock gasket thickness..

good point sunk....just being familiar with race engines anything above an 11:1 compression ration is a dead key for detonation in full size motors. a thinner gasket would definitely raise the compression ratio.......i guess i need to stick with 93 octace to avoid any problems that will come. cheapest way .....i guess yea or by a Trevor Simpson motor! lol!!! at 7 dollars a gallon...i'm tempted to try a half cam2 half 93 octane mix.........

good point sunk....just being familiar with race engines anything above an 11:1 compression ration is a dead key for detonation in full size motors. a thinner gasket would definitely raise the compression ratio.......i guess i need to stick with 93 octace to avoid any problems that will come. cheapest way .....i guess yea or by a Trevor Simpson motor! lol!!! at 7 dollars a gallon...i'm tempted to try a half cam2 half 93 octane mix.........

even at 7 bucks a gallon its still cheaper than nitro.... if you try a half and half mix let us know....

i tell u what...i just got back in from breaking the baja in......1 hr 25 minutes on a full tank of fuel!!! i got tired of driving the damn thing!!! it's fast..... even not a full throttle i was beating 3 speed savages with the high 3rd! too scared to tune it.....i think i am going to leave it the way it is..............

i tell u what...i just got back in from breaking the baja in......1 hr 25 minutes on a full tank of fuel!!! i got tired of driving the damn thing!!! it's fast..... even not a full throttle i was beating 3 speed savages with the high 3rd! too scared to tune it.....i think i am going to leave it the way it is..............

sweet man, sounds like you had fun lol How did those proline tires hold up...

I was out there when soulja was running the baja. That thing is a BEAST!!! I would love to get one, but I am going to stick with my Savage for awhile longer I think. Mine was one of the Savages he was walking down last night.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back