Soulja's 2010 Finals Race Savage Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks good dude. what kind of wing is that?

don't know.....i just liked the way it looked and bought it. i really didn't wanna at that weight to the rear of the truck for handling purposes..so i just added the body wing.....it's super light too.

Picture1047.jpg

I am diggin those aluminum Bashing wheels...aren't those the ones with a lifetime waranty on them? What did they hit you for? Also I noticed in the beggining of th epost that you had a set of street tires and rims on the build. Could you direct me to who makes those, because I am looking for a set that I can sap out for road racing my savage.

don't know.....i just liked the way it looked and bought it. i really didn't wanna at that weight to the rear of the truck for handling purposes..so i just added the body wing.....it's super light too.

Picture1047.jpg

Truck looks sharp dude. Rick is sending some more rims so... let me know if you or rusty want any

awesome truck matt, lovin the gto body

matt that truck brought a tear to my eye man its just beautiful

thanks dude....i'm about to finish it and start breakin her in this week

what tires are those on the pro streets matt?

here isthe link to them. they are Imex Step Dawgs
http://www.imexrc.com/servlet/the-20/imex-tires/Detail

I am diggin those aluminum Bashing wheels...aren't those the ones with a lifetime waranty on them? Also I noticed in the beggining of th epost that you had a set of street tires and rims on the build. Could you direct me to who makes those, because I am looking for a set that I can sap out for road racing my savage.

they are HPI Phaltlines on Blast wheels. they came mounted.here is the link to them
http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/4729/

i will take some pics of them on the truck in the daylight so you can see them better tomorrow.

Thanks for the comments guys!

How are you loving the handling... Ive just got a set... found the handling noticeable immediately!

Keep us updated on how that wing performs... could easily be rippped off...???

i will take some pics of them on the truck in the daylight so you can see them better tomorrow.

Thanks for the comments guys!

here it is with the Phaltlines & body in the daytime

Picture1055.jpg

Picture1054.jpg

Picture1053.jpg

Picture1052.jpg

Picture1051.jpg

Picture1050.jpg

Picture1049.jpg

Picture1048.jpg

Looks killer, what method did you use to paint the outside? Airbrush? Spray can? It is nice and smooth. I want to paint the outside of my old touring car since I can't get bodies to fit it anymore but I was thinking spray cans might not give a very smooth finish.

I'm wondering how that matte black would look on my F150 Matt, we might have to talk.

thanks!! almost got it ready to break in......maybe about 30 or 40 minutes and she's ready for break-in

fellas...first day of break in. GOOD LORD!!! first off....after a primer the picco started on the 3rd pull no problem. after heat cycleing the first tank. i brought the idle up to where i was confortable. on the the first pass i was pretty much burbing the throttle to clear her out....and on the first warm up pass....a nasty steady 1st,2nd, and 3rd gear wheelie at not quite 1/4 throttle!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH!! I immediately richened her up (i thought maybe Robin had played with the needle....and a 1,2 wheelie at 1/4 throttle!!! WHAT DID HE DO TO MY ENGINE!!!! after messing with these savages for more than seven years....i've NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THAT IN MY LIFE!! first off...i've never seen a brand new trans shift through all 3 gears on the first run......first pull!!! and secondly.....i've never seen ANY engine pull a wheelie on the first pull of the throttle at breakin!! i' was soo scared that the needle were moved.....but she was puffing like a freight train......so i felt a little better. breaking her in on the asphalt...my suspension setup and gearing proved to be the PERFECT combo. i left the stock 17/47 on it.....and didn't even put my aluminum clutches in....i want to break it in on carbon clutches. the truck turned on a dime WITHOUT the suspension kit......thanks to the 30K front 3K rear fluids. a small tap on the break and a burp of the gas and she can turn within a 2 foot circle after a pass. that Picco is simply rediculous. lord help when it gets fully broken in. PURENITRO.....YOU HAVE OUTDONE YOURSELF ON THIS ONE!!! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CALL YOU ALL EVENING!!!

Sorry matt but you should know better than to be surprised. You have run his motors before.

Better get that power under control by the time finals roll around cause you ain't winning nothing with your nose looking at the sky.

awesome to hear matt. i got the same combo coming to play with so you just made it that much harder to wait for. lol.

I checked the post on the street tires and rims you are running and they say $49...I am guessing that is only for a package of two, correct??? I am also curious to hear your thoughts on these rims and tires set up for the street.

fellas...first day of break in. GOOD LORD!!! first off....after a primer the picco started on the 3rd pull no problem. after heat cycleing the first tank. i brought the idle up to where i was confortable. on the the first pass i was pretty much burbing the throttle to clear her out....and on the first warm up pass....a nasty steady 1st,2nd, and 3rd gear wheelie at not quite 1/4 throttle!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH!! I immediately richened her up (i thought maybe Robin had played with the needle....and a 1,2 wheelie at 1/4 throttle!!! WHAT DID HE DO TO MY ENGINE!!!! after messing with these savages for more than seven years....i've NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THAT IN MY LIFE!! first off...i've never seen a brand new trans shift through all 3 gears on the first run......first pull!!! and secondly.....i've never seen ANY engine pull a wheelie on the first pull of the throttle at breakin!! i' was soo scared that the needle were moved.....but she was puffing like a freight train......so i felt a little better. breaking her in on the asphalt...my suspension setup and gearing proved to be the PERFECT combo. i left the stock 17/47 on it.....and didn't even put my aluminum clutches in....i want to break it in on carbon clutches. the truck turned on a dime WITHOUT the suspension kit......thanks to the 30K front 3K rear fluids. a small tap on the break and a burp of the gas and she can turn within a 2 foot circle after a pass. that Picco is simply rediculous. lord help when it gets fully broken in. PURENITRO.....YOU HAVE OUTDONE YOURSELF ON THIS ONE!!! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CALL YOU ALL EVENING!!!

Matt, You forgot your extra set of draws didn't you lol. Good luck to you and everyone at the World Finals. :rock1:

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt, You forgot your extra set of draws didn't you lol. Good luck to you and everyone at the World Finals. :rock1:

no......but i messed them up too!!! power WON'T be a problem at the finals.......

Latest posts

Members online

Back