Soulja's 2010 Finals Race Savage Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulja

Virginia Beach Beast
here it is. here are the parts i have installed on it. when she isn't raced on a track she's gonna be a straight asphalt killer with the HPI Phaltlines....

Base truck: an HPI Savage X SS
HPI Titanium Tie Rods
Integy Purple rear carriers
HPI Sways
Savage XL 3 speed & Brake setup
HPI LCG Graphite TVPs
HPI Heavy Duty Engine Plate
HPI Purple one piece Engine Mount
Savage 25 Battery box Midtank
HPI Sport Big Bores
HPI HellFire Shock Caps
30K fluid in front, 3K in the rear
Spektrum DX3S w/Telemetry
Extreme RC Mods Drag Modded Picco P3
Extreme RC Mods 221T Pipe (#13)
HPI GTO body
HPI SF5 Servos (throttle & steering)
SPI Racing wheels and Dirt Bonz (not shown)

here is a peak before she gets painted. the stock shocks were on it an this time
CopyofPicture1006.jpg

here is with all the stuff on it except throttle linkages and telemetry isn't hooked up yet
Picture1028.jpg

Picture1029.jpg

Picture1027.jpg

Picture1030.jpg

Picture1033.jpg

Picture1031.jpg

Picture1034.jpg

here is my personal mechanic doing final checks...LMAO
Picture1032.jpg

Looks good man. Man I want to hear one of those motor/pipe combos in person!

man....these engine make MUSIC when they run. nothing sounds like this pipe dude........NOTHING!

loving it soulja. wheres your RSC tho? nice build!

trying something new this year. i noticed a few of the pro guys run with just the rear kit in.....and not the front. so....i figured i pay a little more attention to shock setup rather than the kit.

Sweet build Matt!! Love the pic with your boy!! rockout
thanks scott! whenever daddy picks up a tool....he has to have on w in his hand. he gonna love to work of this stuff.......i see it already!

Lookn good Matt. What paint scheme you going with?

i think i am goina with somthing nostalgic. i might do scallops.....or i may just put the film off the outside and do it in black primer and just do some pinstriping to it. i'll paint it on the outside so it can have the fifties/sixties look and not be shiny. to paint it on the outside i will scuff it.....add an ahesion promoter.....and then just spray it. haven't really decided yet.....

That would look cool, I always think of the car in the movie XXX when I see these bodies LOL. I'm sure that's been done plenty of times already though.

looking good Matt.

Word of advice put a cut down deflector on the exsust to help with getting fuel all over the front suspension.

How much you wanta bet we get matched up against each other first round at the finals. lmao

That would look cool, I always think of the car in the movie XXX when I see these bodies LOL. I'm sure that's been done plenty of times already though.

yea...that was myfirst though when i got it....then i figured the same thing!

looking good Matt.

Word of advice put a cut down deflector on the exsust to help with getting fuel all over the front suspension.

How much you wanta bet we get matched up against each other first round at the finals. lmao

alex you forgot i've already had this engine and pipe combo before didn't ya?!?!?! i have one on order but it hasn't come yet. it would be our luck if we get paired together.....but at least a "lightning rider" will advance!

now all ya'll know i talk pride in building stuff that is different from....stuff you just don't see everyday...but i just love this one!!! the flat black on this think combined with the carbon fiber and spiked tires just gives this bad boy a MEAN look....SINISTER......!!! all before anyone asks......yes that is a carbon fiber wing on the body!!!

Picture1036.jpg

Picture1037.jpg

Picture1038.jpg

Picture1039.jpg

Picture1040.jpg

Sexy! How about some silver dirty danglers to top it off?

Loving how that came out Matt!!!

:10:

Great job!

Nice dude, looks mean! So, is that chrome on the inside, flat black on the outside? Or are they both underneath?

That black is defently on the outside. I was going for the same look once but painted the inside (camo black on a 80 Chevy body), came out super shiny.

Yeah that's what I figured, I was wondering more about the chrome since it looks normal. Did you liquid mask both sides to achieve the inside/outside look? What was your method of painting, Matt? If you don't mind me asking, LOL.

Nice dude, looks mean! So, is that chrome on the inside, flat black on the outside? Or are they both underneath?

you are correct sir! i will take good pics tomorrow in the daylight. i was so happy to get the thing painted and wing on that i took these in the house!

Man my wife just walked by the laptop and even she said "that thing looks snazzy right there"..."what is that, who's truck is that"???? LMAO...you got another fan Matt.

man...i'm ready to fire this bad boy up! waiting on a couple of servo extensions so i can hook up the telemetry......daylight pics coming this evening!!!

here are some 12PM daylight pics

Picture1045.jpg

Picture1046.jpg

Picture1044.jpg

Picture1042.jpg

Picture1041.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back