Show off your Savage XS!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after several hours of total driving, bashing, and speed runs, I have fried the esc fan apparently. I pulled a fan out of my buddies and used it but the wires from the esc to the power switch and reciever are shorting out causing the fan to stay on with the power off. I have an email out to HPI to see if they will replace it. In the meantime I ordered a MMP and a 3800kv motor just for the hell of it. Maybe I'll sell my old combo if HPI replaces my esc.

I also built the bench pictured just for my buddy and my RC purposes.

20170215_060707.jpg 20170215_060722.jpg

Last edited:
So after several hours of total driving, bashing, and speed runs, I have fried the esc fan apparently. I pulled a fan out of my buddies and used it but the wires from the esc to the power switch and reciever are shorting out causing the fan to stay on with the power off. I have an email out to HPI to see if they will replace it. In the meantime I ordered a MMP and a 3800kv motor just for the hell of it. Maybe I'll sell my old combo if HPI replaces my esc.

I also built the bench pictured just for my buddy and my RC purposes.

View attachment 3053 View attachment 3055
I'm surprised the ESC would fry like that being so new

Here is my baby! I kinda roughed her up a bit but she likes It! Hahahaha

Here is my new You! She's a little beat up, but she likes it!

This topic is dead or what?
Gave my old-ass XS a revamp with some cheap tires from china-express and a cheap body from another 1:10 scale XS truck (that is not a savage)

eXJca2y.jpg

This topic is dead or what?
Gave my old-ass XS a revamp with some cheap tires from china-express and a cheap body from another 1:10 scale XS truck (that is not a savage)

eXJca2y.jpg

I know you posted this a long time ago but your tires are on backwards.

First proper run with the (all stock) savage at the skate park in the rain - AWESOME fun!

Super happy with this one, loads of fun - easy to jump and land - was great for aquaplaning over puddles and doing sploshy donuts! Cooool!

Think I'll order the HD upgrade kit and start upgrading as things fail, although it didn't feel stressed running it at 2S. I'm sure if I ran it at 3S I would have broken a few bits...

savagexs.jpeg

Decided to have a go at painting a new body (ford raptor):

Turned out pretty good for a first effort I reckon - what do you guys think?

IMG_3431 Large.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

Back