Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cen diffs

can someone post a link to the cen diffs that will fit in the savage x?

HHmmmm after i gave the savvy a bit of a tune up is was running awesome. 30M wheelies from just feeding on the throttle. wasn't watching properly and i saw the TREE, hit the brakes and flipped into it. i hit the tree about a foot off the ground upside down on the rear bumper. made a hell of a thud and cracked my engine mount. oh well gives me an excuse to buy a new one.
(will have pictures tomorrow)

Ouch! Sounds like a string of bad luck to me. Lets hope its over now.

Yeah string of bad luck alright. i pulled the car down last night. i have a list of broken parts from snapped screws to bent TVP's and a cracked full tank. i will be staying away from tree's from now on

Yeah ...fail safe. But had to be a blast to watch ... at least for the people that didnt just buy the new truck ..

Gregg

Wow! that is almost like what happened to me with my first gas buggy, was a mp6 sport.. It ran down the parking lot (battery popped out of the 4 pack) under several cars at WOT then it caught the right front tire of a car and that was the end... I had just finished breaking in the gs21r. The Chassis was bent so badly that the front wheels sat a half inch off the ground. Well, long story short, new chassis, servos, radio tray, bat/receiver box, tank, bones, front diff and a couple arms later I was back in business.. I still got the beast. I also have the x-term.. running 3 years now on an Ofna delta force 8p and still going strong.. Did you do the whole front/rear bulkhead mod bracing to it?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, compared to the HB threaded shocks I'm running, (none bent yet, Knock on my skull) how do those MSR8's compare? Maybe I just need to get out there and beat on my truck harder...

its braced quite well now and i have a cage on it,so if it gets bent now.....well I'm gonna get something different...lol

Fail Safe Use Spektrum

Just on the topic of fail safe aside from the negatives on the Spektrum side one of the nice things about Spektrum is that when you bind your reciever hold full break and on you TX and you have built-in fail safe.

So, compared to the HB threaded shocks I'm running, (none bent yet, Knock on my skull) how do those MSR8's compare? Maybe I just need to get out there and beat on my truck harder...

I'm not sure. I've never ran the HB threaded shocks. My buddy has them on his savage and has always had a problem with one of the shocks snap rings coming out all the time. It's the one that's in the bottom end of the shock body where the shaft comes out. Then, the last time he ran it, he bent one of the shafts along with tearing up the HPI steel spur gear. It's the 2-peice designs and I think the screws just came out, haven't looked into the damage yet.

Here's some from the weekend after 4th of July weekend. And yes I'm just gettin around to taking the pics. The motor I was runnin at the time was the STS 28 with a leaking front bearing and it was giving me major tuning problems, but had a little fun while it lasted. Here's the pics.

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

And yes those are the Nova clutch shoes. Also, the clutch springs are stuck in there. They last a pretty long time and I'm gonna have to get another set whenever I can afford to get a new motor.

And now for the pics of the inside of the clutch bell(which I will replace also).
DSC00011.jpg

In this pic, you can see how much alum. has built up on the inside of the CB.

The next 4 pics are different angles of the inside.
DSC00012.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! As I sit here looking at three sets... Get a lil bit hot did they??? LOL Good job! Have to give a lil :resp: for the man that runs it like he stole it!!!

Not too bad on the clutch shoes..... But not as bad as mine were. I had a set of Mugens let go when I was mud bogging and there was nothing left of them but a little piece of metal holding onto the pins on the flywheel. It made a great shower of sparks and left gray powder all over my engine and truck. lol

Well i was out thrashing the savage and i was at about 6 foot after comming off a jump but was comming down wrong so i tried to catch it well needles to say the exhaust was hot and this is the after math of my arm!!! hope you like

Its not a traxxass, no need to catch it. Let it tumble caz owwweee that gotta suck! Welcome to the forum!

Its not a traxxass, no need to catch it. Let it tumble caz owwweee that gotta suck! Welcome to the forum!
Exactly what I was going to say... lol Your truck would have been fine so just let it crash. I know instinct tells you to grab it though.
Bummer about the arm man. That looks like it will feel good for a couple days. Welcome to the forum.

Yeah I would say they got a little hot. It's kinda hard to get a steady idle with a leaky front bearing. And I tried my best to blow the motor up too. I might try puttin some stock teflon shoes and springs back on and see what damage I can do to the motor. I'll even try to get a vid of it. No matter how much I leaned out the HSN, temps never went over 270. I guess I'll just have to do a little more playin around with it and see.

Well guys not sure how much I will be on the next couple of days. I went ATV'ing with a friend and his sisters boyfriend, made it halfway through the trail (20miles) and right after a break we took off. I Was doing about 30-35mph on a Polaris Sportsman 500, slid on the hard clay onto pinestraw in which the rear end came around. Once the rear came around I slammed into a tree sideways on the ATV, got thrown about 25ft into another tree in which I stopped at, the ATV kept going and it did a flip or so. I have some major bruises on my shoulder, jammed fingers, and a bruised kidney but they said I will be fine, in some MAJOR pain and can barely walk and stand up due to it! The ATV didn't end up too good either, the racks are destroyed, headlight assembly is destroyed, and the right rear tire is toed out big time, either bent a arm or a bad bushing. I don't have any pics of the ATV since it started raining but I will get some later, had to remove the racks and I continued to ride for about an hour, pain didn't kick in until I started riding again. I am "OK" but just in major pain....

I will get some pics of the ATV another day and post them...its not pretty!

Yes Jeremy, went to the ER , didn't want to but Bank talked me and mom into it just to make sure everything was ok.

Talked to my friend and he said I literally wrapped around the tree when I hit it...

damm man i now how those trees feel like glad nothing to bad happened take care of yourself

Members online

No members online now.
Back