Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, that hurts!! I would be willing to bet that the aluminum arms tranfered the energy to the aluminum bulkheads, then to the TVP's which bent since they had nothing to transfer it to. Thats why I stick with plastic arms! Anytyhing else other then the TVPs?

WOW!! That sucks but I can't think of a better excuse to do some upgrades!!

I'll bet that was an awesome looking crash. Painful but kinda cool at the same time.

well like i always say when you do something give it your best shot. if only when the pole was put up they put it a foot over, none of this would have happened.well at least the pole didnt fall on it.

Those WERE extended TVP's! Also cracked the battery box in half, steering servo trashed (so I upgraded to a Hitec 985MG), cracked off the bottom and sides of the throttle servo, oh and those aluminum bulkheads...bent em! Trans housing cracked and 4 screws ripped out of the side, one aluminum chassis brace bent and one plastic snapped...but the arms and dog bones up front all survived. Almost done with the rebuild, got a freshly painted new bod too...ill put up pics as soon as its complete. :chainkiller:

ps....its a Tsais pipe and it came through w only a very small ding and I was in Crown Point, Indiana when I tried to move that pole

Ouch

Nice damage report....where in Indiana are you?

I was gonna say he's right next to that Tele pole in Indy!:duh:
lol jk!! :resp:

How thick are-or were- those TVP's?

311m9vo.gif
To the forum!!

actually, that was some "ground n pound", all 4s on the ground w the throttle wide open! It was a long run n my buddy was comin toward me, so i made a slight turn, plus i was standing a long way away, too far away to see clearly, but i saw the hit,and heard it....and felt it... you know the feeling

(excuse the typing, i"ve had a few pops tonight) I was ripping around a construction yard yesterday. And coming own this mound of diurt, my motor just dies!

I figured since it was so windy, maybe I got some sand in it, or the wind stalled it.

Nope, tug on the pullstart and its siezxed man!

Get home, take things apart I notice, oh ****! The block is crackedf. Take it apart OH NOES!! lol
Picture021-2.jpg

Picture020-1.jpg

Picture019-2.jpg

Picture018.jpg

now, I have my stock f46 rtunning reslly dece. Spo, with that going as good as it is, I wish I wouild have had this thing going full throttle, so I maybe would have pushed the connecting rod through the block lol Just for showing purposes.. Its destroyedf right, all I could have hoped for now, is a totaly groovey wreckage.

The cold cringe feeling, where you have to double take several times to make sure your right? Yeah, I know it. lol.

This chronic from rcu?
Wow what a failure!! That bites the big one, glad to here you got a spare!
How old is the motor? Maybe they could warrenty it....lol!

There we go.

It was old, its had alot of nitro through it, I'm the second owner so it was its time.

I kind of think it heat siezed and thats what made it snap. Because the piston and the sleeve had no signs of wear, like if dirt got inside.

Eh, **** happens lol
Yeah, when I get back from vacation and save up some cash I'll buy something else. don't know what, maybe an axial .28 or a k4.6. Something cheap but dece.

Wow that scard the crap out of me.. I just bought the 32 its only got 1.5 gallons through it and it getting modded by AB Mods as we speek. I would go LRP or just buy a new Axial 32 I love that mill. Cheers!!:cheers:

i did a temporary fix on my brakes until my new ones show up and had to go bashing in the beautiful weather we have been blessed with up here in Washington for the past couple days and i was running my truck as hard as i usually do and while in a wheelie my back diff stripped so I'm running front wheel drive until i scrape up enough money to get a stronger savage x diff

Mine broke there too and I was able to fix it with some long black drywall screws and it's been good ever since. Was a bit of a pain to do though because that plastic is so thin there.

This thread cracks me up! Sooo long and sooo much damage you have your on thread lol.

JK!

If thats the case you may wanna scrape up enough $ for 2 diffs because the front is gonna get smoked from the extra stress. Whenever I have that problem my truck gets parked until I can get the parts so I don't have to fix more.

lol ... If I started this thread back in 2006 then we would have probably 30 pages by now .. And alot of money spent

Latest posts

Members online

Back