Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found some more damage when tearing down the rear end. I have no idea how long they've been like this, but, oh well. And on a side note, RPM lower A-arms and Cen GST 7.7 rims/tires are still in excellent shape. I highly recommend these parts. Here's the pics.

106_0874.jpg

106_0875.jpg

As you can tell by the gouges near the end, I had one heck of a time getting them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found some more damage when tearing down the rear end. I have no idea how long they've been like this, but, oh well. And on a side note, RPM lower A-arms and Cen GST 7.7 rims/tires are still in excellent shape. I highly recommend these parts. Here's the pics.

106_0874.jpg

106_0875.jpg

As you can tell by the gouges near the end, I had one heck of a time getting them out.

X, are those supposed to be pins bro? nice damage!

Yup, that's what they are. They were straight at one point in time. It took me almost 10-15 min. to get each pin out. Using just about every tool I could think of. Started with pliers, then tried hammering it out, then finally broke out the tiny vise-grips. They were a bugger to get out. I also slightly bent the hinge pin brace that mounts on the lower part of the diff case. I was able to straighten it back out and reuse until I can get a new one.

Wowzers! to think that I only turn fuel tanks to shrapnel... I must try harder to get my truck broke... Heck... I let my 5 year old rip around with the truck and it still remains functional...

One thing all should look into with the Hi-Tech servos and who knows what other brands that use similarly constructed servos:

The servo uses a fairly simple electric motor. with the obvious differences between coreless models. but both have one thing in common. They use a fairly simple brush system, usualy a 3~5 fingered fork looking brush. Similar setups can be found on the cheaper Kyosho motors they use in the Mini-Z.
In short, these brushes wear out rather quickly and sometimes some of the fingers get bent backwards around the commutator and cause a short. This can possibly damage the controller board. (I personally had this happen on an HS -945MG, and the company said that they couldn't repair it) But, those of you more technically inclined can prevent this situation from occuring by finding similar motors and occasionally swapping them out. Mine failed after about 1.5 years as the throttle/brake servo on my savvy. So, now I have a new servo, (old one's gears as a nice backup set) and have been able to locate same rated motor for a future replacement.. ($5.00 each compared to $65 per servo). I have found motors for all the servo's I run.. even coreless. but we know the future is here with the new brushless servo's... Just need the money for affording that future...

End Rant!

Ran across this picture from when my son found a post that was tougher than the Savage. This was during his "learning" time and when I had an old 1/10 scale extended cab body on it. This was also when I learned that aluminum arms are not flexible and typically break what ever they are mounted to...

185288.jpg

185287.jpg

Had some damage today while runnin the truck at work. Well, not so much damage, more like missing parts. The grub screw/ pin screw came out of the brake hub/ drive cup. Lost my rear wheel power. Runnin only front wheel drive kicked up alot of dirt and the truck still wanted to sag in the back upon tack off from a dead stop. I also had no brakes to stop either when the screw came out so I had to take it even easier. Only reason being, is cuz I was runnin right next to a huge retention pond. Which would have sucked if I lost control. Sorry, no pics, but the truck is real dirty now again.

nice damage =)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=) (SUGAR RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

well i got my buddies 25 up and running so we head out for his first bashing and well he did this after a tank and a half (worst sound i have ever heard)
savages006.jpg

savages007.jpg

savages009.jpg

savages010.jpg

its the grey truck before he recked it lol
savages002.jpg

sorry for the blurry pics

how did that happen? that must have been a loud crunch. extended tvps...mid tank conversion??? :FarleyParty:

he is a rookie lol just got out of control rolled the truck and landed on a 6inch surveyers post and it was loud . he is lookin into new tvps just not sure which ones to go with.

I did the same thing as a newb! Tank,linkage,shocks and a-arm all left at the stake TVP's toast. Truck was 15 feet past it...

Found this damage while putting the motor back in after checking the condition of the clutch shoes and replacing CB bearings. Not sure how or when it happened, but, oh well. All fixed up now. All I did was take some heavy gauge metal (18 or 16) and broke it to make an angle and bolted it to the outside of the TVP accross the broke section. Will get pics of it later. Also, today broke a pin that holds the wheel hexes in place on the axle. I'm guessing that the wheel nut came loose and it caused the hex to rotate and snap the pin. Oh well, all fixed up now. Here's the pics.

106_0878.jpg

106_0879.jpg

106_0880.jpg

106_0881.jpg

106_0882.jpg

Went to Monster Jam last night and are some pics of the damage:

FLM Engine Plate:
There is a hail crack just behind the left front engine mount bolt access hole that really cant be seen
IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

Motor Mount:

IMG_0219.jpg

thats the major damage. Only other damage was 2 stripped spurs and the front bearing seal blew out. NOt really picture worthy.

Tore mine down last night too.... Only damage I had was a busted fuel tank & a spur gear. Not nearly as bad as it looked after the show!

dsc06046ob2.jpg

FLM will warrenty that plate Allan!! Send it to them and they will replace it.

http://www.fastlanemachine.com/PublicPortal/

quote from web site....Extreme Abuse Warranty

If you bend it, break it or break off a screw in it we will replace it for a fraction of the cost.
Generally only the cost of shipping and handling.

All warranties are covered only through Fast Lane Machine.
You must send in the damaged part along
with a check or money order
to
Fast Lane Machine
209 Lake Dr.
Gray Summit, MO 63039

Please e-mail us for replacement cost.

Latest posts

Members online

Back