Savage XS videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzybasher

Since we have a thread on pics of the savage XS, Lets get a thread rolling on some XS videos
Post em up fellas

It's a good spot only downfall it's usually pretty windy there which can blow the savage around

OTOH, this spot is terrible. Rainy, full of kids in the afternoons, hard landings, undriveable grass etc etc. But it's what I got....

Bear in mind this is n00b level 95% :rolleyes:

Nice! I gotta start working on actually, errr, landing jumps.

Lovely main tune in that (although the 6' intro music is way loud) too.

Nice! I gotta start working on actually, errr, landing jumps.

Lovely main tune in that (although the 6' intro music is way loud) too.

Haha it can be a handful to land them, thanks for feedback

I quite fancy one of these. I love my Nitro but I want something that I can just go and play with and for my Son to use.

Mate these things are good to go, my son is 3.5 yrs old can send it anywhere never breaks just pops dogbones out of axel cups but cvd would solve that

Cheers guys, kind words. I'm still maxing out my total of 4 weeks / 20 batteries of total RC experience ever here :bucktooth: But I tried to get some decent angles / edits...

Fired, I didn't break any lower shock mounts there. I did break, errrr, a body mount, a body shell, and then two batteries when the cables got repeatedly yanked through cracks in the body shell :confused:. But lower shock mounts are fine!

I could have avoided most of that with more competence, less ambition, and also being extra careful with the cables.

OH GOD THAT FRONT TYRE IS STILL WRONG :argh:

Big up the broken A-Arm massive, I managed that one early on, in the somewhat regrettable "lamppost disagreement". I bent another pin later, and managed to get it straight with a couple of pairs of pliers.

It would be good to show some of the tips and fixes there, like the blowtorch hardening for example.

Hahaha

Hate it when the lamp post jumps out of now where aye, I will do a vid next time

Def seems to prolong the life of the parts

Last edited:
Latest one....a few repetitive bits but a bit of variety too. These are the quarries near Bristol that originally inspired me to get the car when I was down there climbing over the summer.

This car is a wee beast!!

(Casualty was one broken shock body from an early attempt climbing with it)

No more popping dogbones

I did the same:D
#106730 - HPI Racing Center Universal Drive Shaft Front/Rear (2)
#106709 - HPI Racing Universal Drive Shaft Savage XS Front/Rear (4)
#109922 - HPI Racing HD Cup Joint 5x10x19mm (1)
#109923 - HPI Racing HD Cup Joint 5x10x15mm (1)
#109926 - HPI Racing HD Diff Shaft 5x23.5mm (4)

Latest posts

Members online

Back