savage xl 5.9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is HPI trying to do to us we just got a new savage x4.6 a few months back and already another new one.....Geez anyway cool looking truck though.

Yeah I agree it is kinda crappy in some ways lol. I just forked out 400 for the 4.6 and not even 2 months later, the 5.9 comes out. Ohh well lol thats the game of economics for you hehe.

i'd rather just beef mine up than buy another savage ...

I want a big buggy next ... have been looking at the GV stuff ... really cool.

baja SS would be nice but its sooooo expensive!

Yeah I will probably do the same, buff my current savage up , and get me something lighting fast to play with whilst modding my savage. I been looking at some Ofna Buggies for some time now. Narrowed it down to the:

HYPER 8.5 PRO
HoBao Hyper 8.5 Pro
ULTRA MBX COMP
JAMMIN X1

Little voice in my head is telling me to choose, but choose wisely young grasshopper.

ya i know what ya mean!! i bought the savage x rtr (4.1) and not more then 6 months later it was discontinued at most places as the 4.6 had come out, geesh!!!! lol

Since November of 2002 in the U.S. there's been what...

25 SS Kit
LE
SS 4.6 Kit
X RTR
X SS Kit
X SS Kit (no engine)
X 4.6 RTR
XL

Is that it? Seems like I'm missing one...

I called hpi yesterday and the guy I talked didn't know anything about it!!!

When the guy at HPI called me back about the questions I had asked regarding the big bore shock's I told him I had just seen the new 5.9 savage, He said "What 5.9 Savage?" He didn't know about it either.

I will buy another savage when it's as big as the baja. At this rate, that will be in 6 months!

I will buy another savage when it's as big as the baja. At this rate, that will be in 6 months!

lmao so true

When the guy at HPI called me back about the questions I had asked regarding the big bore shock's I told him I had just seen the new 5.9 savage, He said "What 5.9 Savage?" He didn't know about it either.

hehe should of told him to check his own website then lol

Can't wait til my LHS gets one so I can see it in person. It is a nice kit option for newbies in the hobby or newbies to the savvy, but with the knowledge one gains after already owning a savvy, they'd probably prefer to build their own.

I had already started saving because I was planning to upgrade this summer to a 4.6. I'm starting to get more and more problems with with my 25. Mainly I believe because I purchased it used and do not really know how it was cared for previously. The 25 taught me a lot and now I think I'm ready for my first brand new truck.

I am just attracted to the size. It's huge.

how much do you think this new version will cost?
image37-1.gif

I am pretty sure you could convert your savage that you have now to a XL
ALOT CHEAPER ALSO !!!!! wouldn't take much .. as far as the 5.9 .. hate to say it there is more powerfull engines out there . that would bring the truck to life as well.. just my .2

I know I want one, but it will be a while before I get one, just to see what the differences are. Someone said they have tougher diff's which would be one upgrade I would be interested in. I guess it really depends on what all is different about it, and what the final price is.

It may or at least ould be cheaper to just buy a new one. Not too long ago I went to tower and loaded my cart with the items I would need to build an extra savage out of the parts I have here. I don't really need that much stuff to make another savage less than half the parts, it added up really fast, infact it would have been much cheaper just to buy a new savage. I couldnt beleive it.

Has anyone seen the spec's on the 5.9 motor?

I don't know .. I allredy had a motor .. but I have a 3rd savage in a box ready to build .. all in all 125.00 in parts

Meh at that price ill just get the Baja 5b. The Savage 4.6 is plenty enough for truck for me, especially when I finish with my modding.

I haven't been through every post in this thread, so I don't know if anyone has posted this yet but heres the HPI page on the xl

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/10515/

looks like theres quite a few improvemnts, they finally came out with a new steering servo MG 9kg of torque, thats 317oz yes?

quite a few upgrades

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back