Savage XL 5.9 engine sealing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's how I run it on my Savage SS been so long I couldn't remember why. Thank you. That was an old trick back when the lean issue first appeared I have never noticed it on my truck since.

That's how I run it on my Savage SS been so long I couldn't remember why. Thank you. That was an old trick back when the lean issue first appeared I have never noticed it on my truck since.

Your welcome, it's been working great for me as well I thought I'd try that before drilling a hole in my tank.

Well I broke mine in today but had electronics failure, I cannot even drive out 10 yards and my fail safe engages. At first I thought it was the hump pack changed it out for a fresh one same issue. so I will be calling hpi back tomorrow, other then that break in went fine factory needle settings are a joke I couldn't get mine to run above 115 for the first tank of idle so I ended up turning my lsn in about a turn and a half to get the temps above 200 runs and it idles great. I just wish I could have finished the tuning process but I will hopefully get a new rx this week sometime, far as the fuel tank mounting upgrade I cannot shoot you a pic because I can't upload it from my phone it wont let me but if you buy the 102526 roll cage they are with it and make the tank not move at all, your stock setup allows it to rock back and forth. I didn't have the mid tank lean during break in so this may have helped don't know. I cannot believe the wheel wobble I have with this kit it is horrible anyone else have this issue?

No problems with the break in.
I did seal the engine, very easy process.
Every time I take it out it starts and runs perfectly.
I don't have a temp gun but the head is never stinking hot if you no what I mean and plenty of smoke coming from the engine.
My only issue is the brakes seem to fade is there some trick I should know about?
There is a mod you can look up on YouTube called savage XL brake mod if you do this make sure you take a razor blade and scrape some of the plastic that holds the two servo horns together if not when you release the brake trigger it will pull your throttle out making it not good basically if you have the servo horns off the servo and you put them together like they were mounted and you turn them back and forth they are sticky they do not move freely so I scraped or roughed up some of the plastic in between them until they moved smoothly. if you need me to explain this a little better feel free to call me 4052498390 my name is Jace this mod works awesome if you do it right my brakes are amazing.

There is a mod you can look up on YouTube called savage XL brake mod if you do this make sure you take a razor blade and scrape some of the plastic that holds the two servo horns together if not when you release the brake trigger it will pull your throttle out making it not good basically if you have the servo horns off the servo and you put them together like they were mounted and you turn them back and forth they are sticky they do not move freely so I scraped or roughed up some of the plastic in between them until they moved smoothly. if you need me to explain this a little better feel free to call me 4052498390 my name is Jace this mod works awesome if you do it right my brakes are amazing.

That sounds like what I need to do because the brakes arent the best, Are you from Australia I aussme from that number your not?

No I'm in Oklahoma city, Oklahoma.

Hey are your wheels really wobbly? Like mine are so bad I can't even adjust the toe in and toe out.

Hey are your wheels really wobbly? Like mine are so bad I can't even adjust the toe in and toe out.

Yeah they do wobble and so does my mates Savage FLux.
With your radio issue that you have if your looking for a cheap replacement the Flysky it4 2A version has been great, Heaps of features.
I looked up that brake mod and have some Onfa bits coming and are also going to try out the HPI DUAL DISK BRAKE SET (STAINLESS STEEL)

Man, mine wobble like to much i have to call hpi today to get a new rx sent to me i hope i get someone that knows about this i mean i have had rtr kits before and have never had this much wobble before. Yeah that brake mod is pretty cool you will like it, enfact it works so well you won't need to buy that upgrade kit for the brakes but if you want to thats fine i'm sure it will make it better as well.

Hey just wondering if someone can tell me what part number is the steering arm, it's the part that connects to the servo arm and ball joint of the steering assembly. Is there any aluminium hop ups for this? thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20151003_180455.jpg
    IMG_20151003_180455.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 8
Looks like it's hpi85050 but you can't just get that part it's a sleeve of a lot of different parts. From what i've seen they do not have an aluminum upgrade but there are some people using baja linkages to compensate for the shortness of the link itself, you might just do some steering upgrade searches.

This may work i cannot tell maybe someone else on here would know better but check this out .

122017 Upgrade Parts Blue Aluminum Servo Linkage for HSP RC 1:10 02157 Car

This is 122017 upgrade parts blue Aluminum servo linkage for HSP RC 1:10 02157 Car. Description: Suit for 1/10 HSP RC cars. Materials: Aluminum Alloy. 1 set: 2Pcs Package Size: ...

See more details at tomtop.com »
$4.54
Free shipping. No tax
tomtop.com
(121)

thanks heaps for that Jace, I did see people using the Baja steering link which I'll have a look at but I'll also purchase one of those Blue aluminium servo linkages as well. thanks mate

Yeah no problem good luck. I'am trying to make a decision on either buying an integy bell crank system which should come with bearings for the steering post or i might keep my stock setup and add bearings and an hd servo saver spring i'm trying to get rid of the steering slop it's horrible.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back