Savage X engine upgrades??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He hasn't broken any driveshaft or tranny parts yet. Hpi is replacing my air leaked f4.6 engine. The new one should come in any time. Any ideas how I should sell it?

I still run a single speed Flux transfer for bashing thing is nearly bullet proof. Swap in a two speed gear set when on the track depending on the track or sometimes even a 3 speed if it is a track with long straights. As far as motors go I have run picco lrp and now run OS I must say of them all I like the OS the best

Ya I think ya outta get what engine ya wanna get and when stuff breaks then upgrade as needed....... this is what I do on all my rigs , I try to keep em solid but light enuff to not break really often, unless ya do like I did awhile back run your rig into a solid concrete object, then stuff breaks no matter what LOL

Pretty much any lrp, picco or os big block will be awesome.
Just get whatever looks the coolest to you, really. You'll love any of them

Okay. What about rotostart backplates? On ebay I noticed the savage .21, and duratrax backplates would fot. Is this correct?

You want a pullstart. Much better. The lrp comes with one already on it

How do ya know he don't want a roto start ? after all he asked about it...... I like the roto types better but I need em caz I got messed up shoulders and pull starts just don't work for me... I use Tiger Drives on most of my stuff.....

Hey if he wants a roto thats fine with me its his truck. But I'm just saying I think pullstarts are better

I guess ill try the pullstart and see how it is. I heard they are hard with a new or a good compression engine. Any ideas how I shod sell my new f4.6?

I guess ill try the pullstart and see how it is. I heard they are hard with a new or a good compression engine. Any ideas how I shod sell my new f4.6?

Sorry, but o gotta ask.... If you have a new F4.6 and it runs, why do you want to get rid of it for another un-modded mill?

You guys raise a lot of good points, I was always a fan of the pull start; less gear to haul, less batts to buy and charge and your session doesn't end when the roto batt dies.

You guys raise a lot of good points, I was always a fan of the pull start; less gear to haul, less batts to buy and charge and your session doesn't end when the roto batt dies.

That's why I went pull start, couple times of forgetting to charge your roto-start battery and you learn that lesson. It's always amusing though to watch Jam and Upbasher argue over this point.

Sorry, but o gotta ask.... If you have a new F4.6 and it runs, why do you want to get rid of it for another un-modded mill?

For some people stock is bad. If you had the money to spend, wouldn't you want the best? money man

That's why I went pull start, couple times of forgetting to charge your roto-start battery and you learn that lesson. It's always amusing though to watch Jam and Upbasher argue over this point.

I always have my drill starter and a couple spare batteries with me, I have a list I follow when for needed items when I bash and have yet to run outta roto batteries... my arms aint good enuff for pull starts. but a long time ago I did use pull starts on some, but in these times I need the roto starts caz my shoulders aint up to all that...... and I do love arguing with UP caz he is so much fun to rile up lol

Sure, just more power will always find the weak link and break it, so be aware of that hazard....Like everyone I like POWER also but the drivetrain has to be able to take it, things like twisted and broken axles and gearz with the teeth tore rite off em.... in my years of playin with these things I have seen it all. good luck with your engine choice and make sure to take pics of the carnage for us all to enjoy.....

I don't know why LRP still makes the .30. The .28 is faster. I have the .28 and .32. The .32 is a good torque monster. Both are cheaper and faster than the OS.30. I have one of those too. LRp all the way.

Sure, just more power will always find the weak link and break it, so be aware of that hazard....Like everyone I like POWER also but the drivetrain has to be able to take it, things like twisted and broken axles and gearz with the teeth tore rite off em.... in my years of playin with these things I have seen it all. good luck with your engine choice and make sure to take pics of the carnage for us all to enjoy.....

Lol, that is not entirely fair here. Sure an aftermarket engine will make more power, but it's usually only a couple tenths of a horsepower more. The big picture is that they usually have a greater power band, and sometimes can be ran higher into the RPM range. He will likely be fine for a while with an otherwise stock drivetrain. Worst that can happen, he replaces a couple cheap parts along the way as upgrades.

Bc for $30 more I can get a more powerful and longer lasting engine. Doesnt that make sense?

from a personal-preference standpoint (and if you got the couple hundred burning a hole in your pocket)it does,

frif your just bashing around and the engine still runs great, then its a kind of a waste of money; the sport mills bash around great & you could spend that coin in other places.

How mutch do the f4.6 engines with the roto backplate usually go for?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back