Savage 21 to XL Conversion Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's finally done.

P1030610-1.jpg
P1030612-1.jpg
P1030613-1.jpg
P1030614-1.jpg
P1030615.jpg
P1030618.jpg
P1030619.jpg
P1030620.jpg
P1030621.jpg
P1030622.jpg

P1030623.jpg
P1030625.jpg
[/IMG]

I was so excited to start it up and run it a little out on my drive way, that I forgot to put the glow igniter on and could not figure out why it wouldn't start.:stupidcoffee::duh: Once I figured it out that I can't start it with out he glow igniter, it started up quickly. LOL

Also wanted to take this time to thank everyone here at hpisfgreen for all your help, with out you guys this would not happen. This has been a great experience for me. I look forward to building or modding another Savage in the future. Thanks everyone.

Mahalo,
ulua

I was so excited to start it up and run it a little out on my drive way, that I forgot to put the glow igniter on and could not figure out why it wouldn't start.:stupidcoffee::duh: Once I figured it out that I can't start it with out he glow igniter, it started up quickly. LOL

Also wanted to take this time to thank everyone here at hpisfgreen for all your help, with out you guys this would not happen. This has been a great experience for me. I look forward to building or modding another Savage in the future. Thanks everyone.

Mahalo,
ulua

Congrats dude! don't you love how LRP starts in the first pull =)
You may also want to get a Motor Saver filter http://www.motorsaverfilters.com/savage.htm They help alot and you don't have to worry about stuff sneaking past the foam.

So... When do we get vids ?

I don't use anything.
A while back there was some new stuff that came out and some guys tried it, but I don't remember what happened with that.

I don't use anything.
A while back there was some new stuff that came out and some guys tried it, but I don't remember what happened with that.

Thanks I will clean them out

nice build! but naughty naughty i saw those traxxas talon tires on there ha ha

LOL, yah I need some new wheels and tires, my brother bought them for me when I had the savvy 21 just need some new cheap tires at the time. I'm still trying to decide what to get

thanks
ulua

Went out to break in my truck yesterday and on my first run the truck went 5 feet and stopped and all I was was hard ware flying out, go scared ran to my truck and found my spur gear got loose LOL. What type of nut do you guys recommend using, i'm using the teflon nut, but noticed that it would always seem to loosen on my, and I would have to check it and tighten it up. should I replace it with another teflon nut or use loctite or something else?

thanks
ulua

Hey guys,

I'm currently running Robinson Racing 52T Spur and 14T Bell, I just received my RR 48T Spur and 16T Bell. Which would you guys recommend?

Thanks,
ulua

Also have a question about fail safe, If I have a 2.4Ghz Futaba 3PL
system do I still need a fail safe system?

Thanks
ulua

Read your manual

I know the 3PM has a built in failsafe, not sure on the lower end 3PL though.

Members online

Back