reverse module and mixer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't think i can buy it because i live in Canada and the seller doesnt sell to Canada....thanks for the find though :)

I might be able to help u with the mixer. I never used it cuz I bought the DX3R any spare parts u want to trade? I also live in Canada Cheers!

I think I might have a mixer available too. I'll check in a little while.

is there a different between the Savage module and the Savage X module??? or they just have different packaging??

Last edited by a moderator:
Well guys, I think I have stripped my reverse, not entirely sure how to get it out, the manual is a little bit vague for me!!!

Any tips would be welcome

Reverse is lovely until it breaks!!!!!!!!!!

ya....i got the reverse module and just got the mixer from good friend 'The Piper' so I'm waiting for the module to start installation.

Well guys, I think I have stripped my reverse, not entirely sure how to get it out, the manual is a little bit vague for me!!!

Any tips would be welcome

Reverse is lovely until it breaks!!!!!!!!!!

Ya how long have u had it? I called hpi when mine stripped they sent me a new on right away no charge.. Only use is when you need it. I used it all the time the first time when I stripped it and now I only use it when I need it and no problems, oh take your time when you reverse also. :beer:cheers

Thanks for the tips guys, I have just taken the whole tranny out and opened it up, when i shifted from forward to reverse it seemed ok, so i figured it was the servo setup (had problems whn i first got the truck) so I put it all back together....but the problem is still the same, very frustrating.
It does reverse, but only if you give in a nudge in the right direction, that's what makes me think the gears have stripped.

I'm not sure what to do now, I have only run 5 tanks of fuel through it, but am thinking that it may be my fault as I got in a fix and reversed too quick, so am thinking that HPI would not give me a new one....or may be i'm too honest!!!! will strip it out again tomorrow and see what I can find.

Oh by the way, I only saw metal gears in the tranny, and couldn't see the reverse geaars, are they hidden away???????

Ok, I think i know where I've gone wrong, i didn't take out the reverse module did i???

I see where it is now...Phew thank the lord for this fab forum, and of course all you guys that are more than willing to help out a newbie!!! cheers!!

ok i installed the mixer and the third servo and i followed the exact instructions for the mixer setup and this is the conclusion....

my throttle/brake servo rotates 45 degrees every time i engage the reverse (hold brakes for 3 secs)

is this how it should be or do i have something completely wrong.. or is my servo F***** up

any help is greatly appreciated

sorry buddy I bought that mixer new and never tryed to install it cuz I went to the DX3R few days after, I'm sure one of our veternas can give this ago.. Cheers:beer:

no its ok we don't know if its bad yet.......

When you apply the brakes and hold them for 3 seconds then the 3rd servo (reverse) will activate. Is that whats happening?

the 3rd servo is engaging but its the throttle/brake servo thats engaging not the new one i just put in for the reverse...maybe i plugged the wrong servo in the wrong place.....could that be it...

????????

Well the brake servo is going to engage 1st. Then after 3 seconds the reverse servo will activate. Check the connections on the mixer though and make sure they are in the right places

Rotating how? Do you mean its not going far enough?
Any chance you can take a video of what its doing?

Latest posts

Members online

Back