reverse module and mixer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faisalbasha

Mr Nonsensical
ive been thinking about getting a reverse module for my savage but I'm not sure if it will turn out to be a good idea. if i decide to get a reverse module i would have to get a mixer as well because i got a 2 channel radio.

is it a good idea to get a reverse module with mixer or is it just a waste of time and money and SAVAGE POWER???

Mixer is a 50/50 cool and lameness. My Savy had it. The way the Mixer works is by holding the brakes for 3-5 seconds to switch it back n forth. Downside? If you have weak brakes(which mine did before I got my Ofna mod) it will try to change it to reverse slowing down and if it does you'll be rebuilding the reverse module gears. Best bet if you are not going digital at all is try to find the old HPI TF-4 Radio/reciever this is a stock crystal Xmiter that has the 3rd channel.

Waste of money and SAVAGE POWER! end of storey...I've hear of them having the gears stripped a lot. Think...You're bashing doing back flips and such...do You really need reverse for that? Maybe for reverse flips but that's it...

the problem for me is my stupid radio which has 2 channel. How does the reverse work with 3 channel???

if i choose to get a 3 channel radio that will cost at least 100 bucks or so.. and then i have to get the reverse module which is at least another 50 or so.....damn thats turnin into a lot of money..

3 channel is just allows you to run 1 more servo because it has one more little plug in hole in the receiver...That's all really...

Truthfully i would just forget about buying one anyways...You won't really need it.

what the hell are hpi gonna lose if they just put a 3 channel radio instead of the 2 channel. i have a savage X 4.6 rtr... a truck like this should have a 3 channel....

i wanted to buy either a 3 speed tranny or enable reverse in my truck so I'm not sure what to do still.......thats why I'm just looking for feedback...

Sammy is right. There is a power loss like i said i got it when i was new. Now i'm just to lazy to take it out again haha.

But if you really want one...

Xmiter - Click

Reciever(this one is NEW) - click

You can fit both actually but funds wise get a 3spd with high speed gear. IMO

ahhhhhh just forget I'm not gonna buy one....well there is power loss and i still have to buy a separate radio...stripped gears and problems ...I'm thinking of getting a 3 speed tranny or sumthing

I'm one of the few that LOVE my reverse. Its true the can strip easy especially with just a mixer. I bought a Spectrum DX3R 3ch and no problems with the reverse. THe worst is going to a bash park with a fence or a buliding 500 feet away from u and not being able to turn around when your tire just nicks it. Get it and only use it when your stuck Cheers! :beer:

thats exactly why i want to get the reverse but my stupid radio is just a 2 channel radio and i have no intention in buying another radio cus I'm low on cash. IDK i might just get a 3 speed tranny or sumthin.........how much did your radio cost???

thanks for all your help but there is no way I'm going to get spectrum radio....too much for me right now.. anyway I'm thinking of just getting a mixer along with the reverse....not sure still...

people are telling me my truck will lose power and gear will strip bla bla... is that true??

You will lose power... Will it be dramatic? no. Will you really care just bashing? I doubt it. Like i said man I still have mine in both my trucks. Just no mixer.

I agree, my son used one for a while and we never had a problem with it. The built in fail safe is nice too. +1 piper keep it 50 or under

I appreciTe all the help guys but I'm not sure I wanna spend 80 bucks right now. I don't wanna buy another radio because the one I have already will just sit around my room + Ill get it for 50 IF I'm lucky then I have to pay for shipping and then the reverse module. I'm gonna end up with 80 bucks or so and just have more useless equipment lying around like my already installed failsafe and radio. If I buy the mixer and reverse I'll end up paying about the same amount only I won't take out my failsafe or radio.. I already have a high torque servo sitting around doing nothing... I'm not sure I'm gonna buy anything ......

Good links 46! That raido went for under 50... With that 2nd link he would have had it all for less than the reverse with mixer...

Dsm is worth the money best mod of all to lose the poop AM tx/rx system.. add reverse later! FM is not much better.

thanks for the links scottj but I live in Canada and if the radio costs about 73US shipped, with the Canadian exchange rate it's going to go up to about 90 and that's a way over my budget.

Thanks again scottj

I have the reverse module in my truck.The module adds such a small amount of rotational mass that you wont notice it. And like Piper said it makes it so much easier when you get stuck a distance away. Just throw it in reverse, back up and then get going again. Ive only broken one gear since I installed it a year ago and that was completely my fault. I engaged reverse while I was still close to WOT. The 3rd channel is definitely a better way to go with it but until you can afford a different radio the mixer will work fine as long as you are careful and pay attention to your braking.

So how do you suggest I brake?... Like not long enough to engage the reverse?.. So I should make the brakes tighter in order to stay under the 3 second braking frame... Right?

You can either make the brakes a little tighter without them dragging or you can try pulsing the brakes. As long as you don't keep them engaged for more the 3 seconds you should be fine.

i don't want to make the brakes tight because i don't want my truck flipping forward and battery life decreases quicker from what i have experienced.

i think the best thing to do is just pump the brakes like i usually do anyway..

alright man i think I'm gonna get the reverse after all..

thanks for the tips keithv

good luck. Let us know how you make out

damn I'm not really sure where i can find a good price reverse module w/mixer from...

ya sick.....cus i just say another listing for just for reverse... so what you think of the price....58 total... know anywhere else for cheaper????

Latest posts

Members online

Back