Retrofitting battery boxes savage flux xl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottyscott

Received battery boxes in the mail and have started mounting them. Alot of the mounting holes didn't line up in convenient places, so I just made some aluminum 90 degree brackets.
I'm just using toggle bolts to mount the brackets for now. I'm not sure I'm going to stick with toggles because they might move around. I'm afraid to over tighten the 3/16 bolts on them as they might snap.20190107_185041.jpg20190107_185041.jpg20190107_185032.jpg I'll look for stainless or better quality toggles or I'll drill and tap into the frame.I was hesitant to drill and tap into the frame until I saw how this would turn out.

what tvp's are they? Are they designed to suit the flux battery boxes??

I'm about to buy some new tvp's for mine, using the standard flux 5.9 tvps and they have no holes for battery boxes

I was told they are Fast Lane. There are extra holes all over the place but didn't line up with the battery boxes I purchased. I'm pretty sure there ars some other battery boxes that would mount up to it, but I didn't do my research because i thought there was only one style that hpi sold. That's why I'm going through all the extra work mounting these.

Yep, defo Fastlane - I’ve got a set just like it. That set was never meant for the battery boxes. I suggest drilling the plastic boxes to suit the holes in the Fastlane TVPs as opposed to drilling the frame - one slip or too large a diameter hole and you’ll weaken the frame. What about Gorillamaxx Velcro straps?

*edit for iphone sleepy typos

Last edited:

Members online

Back