Restoration.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Down

Hi all,
I have finally got my old 2004 Savage 25 back up and running. I stored it for all this time, but with new fuel new radio gear etc she’s up and running. Fitted a reverse gear module a few years ago which was a bit fussy but even that works now. :) love Nitro!

Attachments

• F21D642F-8137-484C-ABD1-848F5989D85F.jpeg
    F21D642F-8137-484C-ABD1-848F5989D85F.jpeg
    472 KB · Views: 17
  • 843FC698-251F-4983-8806-3809E8ECCFAC.jpeg
    843FC698-251F-4983-8806-3809E8ECCFAC.jpeg
    449.3 KB · Views: 14
Should check and see if you can get the X roll bar/engine protector. It's a lot more resilient and does a better job. I don't know if it's a direct bolt on, but it's plastic, so should be able to bend/make a new hole if need be to mount on the TVP.

Pretty cool to see a 15+ year old basher still up and running!

Should check and see if you can get the X roll bar/engine protector. It's a lot more resilient and does a better job. I don't know if it's a direct bolt on, but it's plastic, so should be able to bend/make a new hole if need be to mount on the TVP.

Pretty cool to see a 15+ year old basher still up and running!
Yeah she sounds great. Fast as ever. I have a new X 4.6 also and although I haven’t raced them head to head I reckon it would be close. I hope the new people that take over HPI keep up the same standard of product.

The pre-x and X are pretty much the same power/speed wise, just the X handles a bit better and it's less effort getting to the diffs.

Then again, I never ran an HPI engine, so could be a difference in power between them in that case.

Awsome lookin rig buddy I have an real nice 21 I have a good tune on it but it won’t shift or rip the wheels off the ground I have tried adjust the trans and even leaned put needles to see if that was issue but it wasn’t also if ya get a tiny hole in tank will it cause it to idle up???

Awsome lookin rig buddy I have an real nice 21 I have a good tune on it but it won’t shift or rip the wheels off the ground I have tried adjust the trans and even leaned put needles to see if that was issue but it wasn’t also if ya get a tiny hole in tank will it cause it to idle up???

Yes it will. If you have hole in your tank it will cause a very lean condition and make it impossible to tune

Old and brand new side by side. Both rip it up proper. Shame that Nitro is biting the dust. Replicating what is happening in reality what with the internal combustion engines planned demise.

Attachments

• AFA63A1A-EC71-4084-A711-EB0D5A6D9E9E.jpeg
    AFA63A1A-EC71-4084-A711-EB0D5A6D9E9E.jpeg
    488.3 KB · Views: 6
This is my

i kinda figured it would stupid me wasn’t watching n got a tiny hole from pull start cord lil jb weld should fix her up though lol View attachment 7113
Probably want to source a new tank. I have yet to find anything that sticks to the plastic tanks for any length of time. Not sure if it's the plastic or the fuel, but whatever I patch a tank with always comes off eventually.

I h
Probably want to source a new tank. I have yet to find anything that sticks to the plastic tanks for any length of time. Not sure if it's the plastic or the fuel, but whatever I patch a tank with always comes off eventually.
I have found a couple on eBay but not sure if they will work plus they are a bit costly

I've used this for years and it's yet to come off and of my tanks. ...https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-350114/overview/
Of course if there is any sort of a leak in the tank, it absolutely should be replaced.

I repaired the mounting tab on my MMT tank with a piece of aluminum angle drilled to fit the mounting post and sealed up the tear with Plumbers Goop after I BRAIN FARTED and hit a light pole WFO with the left frontDSCN6343.jpgDSCN6367.jpgDSCN6371.jpgDSCN6373.jpg, same stuff I mount tires with and in 3 years it has not broken away or leaked a drop......

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back