Restoration.

Chris Down

Hi all,
I have finally got my old 2004 Savage 25 back up and running. I stored it for all this time, but with new fuel new radio gear etc she’s up and running. Fitted a reverse gear module a few years ago which was a bit fussy but even that works now. :) love Nitro!

Attachments

olds97_lss

Should check and see if you can get the X roll bar/engine protector. It's a lot more resilient and does a better job. I don't know if it's a direct bolt on, but it's plastic, so should be able to bend/make a new hole if need be to mount on the TVP.

Pretty cool to see a 15+ year old basher still up and running!

Chris Down

Should check and see if you can get the X roll bar/engine protector. It's a lot more resilient and does a better job. I don't know if it's a direct bolt on, but it's plastic, so should be able to bend/make a new hole if need be to mount on the TVP.

Pretty cool to see a 15+ year old basher still up and running!
Yeah she sounds great. Fast as ever. I have a new X 4.6 also and although I haven’t raced them head to head I reckon it would be close. I hope the new people that take over HPI keep up the same standard of product.

olds97_lss

The pre-x and X are pretty much the same power/speed wise, just the X handles a bit better and it's less effort getting to the diffs.

Then again, I never ran an HPI engine, so could be a difference in power between them in that case.

Vmansavage

Awsome lookin rig buddy I have an real nice 21 I have a good tune on it but it won’t shift or rip the wheels off the ground I have tried adjust the trans and even leaned put needles to see if that was issue but it wasn’t also if ya get a tiny hole in tank will it cause it to idle up???

upbasher1

HPISF Supporter
Awsome lookin rig buddy I have an real nice 21 I have a good tune on it but it won’t shift or rip the wheels off the ground I have tried adjust the trans and even leaned put needles to see if that was issue but it wasn’t also if ya get a tiny hole in tank will it cause it to idle up???
Yes it will. If you have hole in your tank it will cause a very lean condition and make it impossible to tune

olds97_lss

This is my

i kinda figured it would stupid me wasn’t watching n got a tiny hole from pull start cord lil jb weld should fix her up though lol View attachment 7113
Probably want to source a new tank. I have yet to find anything that sticks to the plastic tanks for any length of time. Not sure if it's the plastic or the fuel, but whatever I patch a tank with always comes off eventually.

Vmansavage

I h
Probably want to source a new tank. I have yet to find anything that sticks to the plastic tanks for any length of time. Not sure if it's the plastic or the fuel, but whatever I patch a tank with always comes off eventually.
I have found a couple on eBay but not sure if they will work plus they are a bit costly

BrandNewSavvy

I've used this for years and it's yet to come off and of my tanks. ...https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-350114/overview/
Of course if there is any sort of a leak in the tank, it absolutely should be replaced.

Jam Racing 1

HPISF Supporter
I repaired the mounting tab on my MMT tank with a piece of aluminum angle drilled to fit the mounting post and sealed up the tear with Plumbers Goop after I BRAIN FARTED and hit a light pole WFO with the left frontDSCN6343.jpgDSCN6367.jpgDSCN6371.jpgDSCN6373.jpg, same stuff I mount tires with and in 3 years it has not broken away or leaked a drop......