Project racer, carbon fiber Savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No idea on the hp but I can tell you that you would be hard pressed to find a more powerfull motor

i hears the JL piccos are made in taiwan as opposed to the normal piccos are made in italy......any comments about that????

i hears the JL piccos are made in taiwan as opposed to the normal piccos are made in italy......any comments about that????

What? I have no idea but I will google that for you.

Edit: A quick google search revieled nothing sorry. I say does it matter??????? Power and quality are power and quality no matter where they are made and I don't have the JL anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

The JL engine is a .21 bump start, you are correct, it is not made by picco, rather force engines, the reviews look very promising. The JLR .28 is also a bump start engine and it is made by Picco. The only Picco engine you can run in a Savage is the "P3" or standard pull start Picco .28 which is made in Italy.

All piccos are made in italy i believe.

Ohh and alex, I'm offically jealous of your truck.

Thanks. I can't wait to put it on the track against you NL guys.

The JL engine is a .21 bump start, you are correct, it is not made by picco, rather force engines, the reviews look very promising. The JLR .28 is also a bump start engine and it is made by Picco. The only Picco engine you can run in a Savage is the "P3" or standard pull start Picco .28 which is made in Italy.

Thanks for clearing that up Robin.

Alex you have to put my revo buddies to shame....

Working on a center diff for my FluxL.

We will see come march

Alex your big trash talker and i haven't even seen the truck run. Last time you were at the track you blew up the motor.

;)

Alex your big trash talker and i haven't even seen the truck run. Last time you were at the track you blew up the motor.

;)

this is just a joke....so don't take it personal because i ain't that type of guy....but you haven't seen a ERCM picco run have ya?!!!?!!!???

untitled.jpg

this is all out of fun.....just a laugh

Never blew up a motor ever. the motor you talk about is my .26 and that thing is still wicked fast.

Matt don't worry about it I have a whole diffrent motor trans set up for racing

Never blew up a motor ever. the motor you talk about is my .26 and that thing is still wicked fast.

Matt don't worry about it I have a whole diffrent motor trans set up for racing

Sorry for the nitro ignorance- i thought 400+ degrees killed nitros

sorry about that:getdown:

Most motors it will. Also depends on the reason it got that hot. To lean yes the motor is dead.

Sorry for the nitro ignorance- i thought 400+ degrees killed nitros
are you guys joking around or did it really get to 400?

Most motors it will. Also depends on the reason it got that hot. To lean yes the motor is dead.
what other reason would cauze it to get it to 400 degrees (if, of course you guys werent joking about it?)

nice build, i like the looks of the wing guard, hope fully she stays straight & tall for ya.

Yea 422 degrees on the .26. It got that hot because I had not cut any vents in the body as I hadn't run it with a body yet I didn't know. It overheated lost all power but I kept going. It was wot so it had a ton of fuel going through it but only limited rpm. When it came off the track it was soked with oil.

The motor is fine though with tons of compression still so it is good to go still.

How much flex is in the rear shock tower, if it's anything like the standard ones that radio box or header will be smashed with one good hit to the rear. Just something to think about. Looks great though.

I ordered everything to put a center diff in the bottom of the trans now just to figure out a way to set up front breaks

They are ofna rims maxx size and maxx
size badlands with yellow molded
proline fomes. They fit perfect just belt and glue

Posted up a new video of the motor on YouTube still breaking it in ercm endbleed pipe on now. YouTube name is thepopenj

c'mon, make it easy on us with a link alex :stickpoke:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back